First attempt at a modern deck. U/artifact

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
my lgs is going to start doing modern tournaments and up until then i never considered modern but i want to give it a shot. here is my first attempt after looking up a few decks online similar to this.

Land (22)

Sorcery (4)

i like it but i feel it could benefit from some more draw or search. serum visions might find a home in something like this, and from what i know about sol ring is that its not leagal in modern, sorry bro

i would have thought sol ring was banned but its not on the  list of banned cards. so i figured it would work nice in my deck www.wizards.com/magic/tcg/resources.aspx...

and yes from the test runs i did on tappedout it seems sometimes getting the cards i need was a problem. the only thing is i dont know what to cut. ill probably drop the thousand year elixir because i never used them in test games and probably put in a fourth boot. but i was able to pull off about 80% of the time blight steel swinging on turn 4 or 5. but again thats without playing somebody 

i would have thought sol ring was banned but its not on the  list of banned cards. so i figured it would work nice in my deck www.wizards.com/magic/tcg/resources.aspx...

Sol Ring hasn't been printed since Revised Edition. To be Modern legal, a card has to have been printed in Eighth Edition or any set printed after that. There's a list of legal sets on the same page as the banned list.

Sol Ring hasn't been printed since Revised Edition. To be Modern legal, a card has to have been printed in Eighth Edition or any set printed after that. There's a list of legal sets on the same page as the banned list.

ahh ok good then iknow what to cut out for the serum visions

wow your deck is go big or go home.  another way to cheat out big artifacts is to run stuff like faithless looting to fill your graveyard and then drop a trash for treasure for profit.  This won't work for the colossussussess (i'm pretty sure that is the plural of colossus) but will for darksteel forge and other shenanigans.
If you want to go in a more ramp direction you could try grand architects and vedalken engineers.
Colossi is the plural as it has a latin root.
Resident Piggles Zombie piggy is eatin' your sigs om nom nom (>*o*)>
MTG Card
Front: PigKnight, One Line Poster (3W) Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Vigilance When this creature dies, return him to play and transform him. (2/3) >(5/3)< Back: (Black)ZombiePiggles, Eater of Tomato Sauce Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Zombie Trample, Intimidate B: Regenerate this creature. When this creature is the target of a white spell, transform this creature. (5/3)

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/15.jpg)

Colossi is the plural as it has a latin root.

The only time latin should be spoken is during exorcisms.
I hate dogs.
definately could use a mycosynth golem in there.