Brainstorm replacement for T2

30 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hello,
I just found out that Brainstorm (even being released on this year's Duel decks) can't be used in T2.

I have a Miracle deck (R/B), is there any good replacement for it? 
That's strange, I didn't know you could play brainstorm in R/B decks...
I hate dogs.
That's strange, I didn't know you could play brainstorm in R/B decks...

B has the best miracles by far. If you're not using it you're wrong.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/5.jpg)

Can't tell if Tierdrop is troll or doing it wrong.

In Magic, B = , U =
Index... Ew. Comparing that to Brainstorm is like clubbing baby seals.

Team PMP - Practice Makes Perfect

Team GFG - Good F***ing Game

Disclaimer: This member may or may not be associated with Team GFG in any other regard besides his admiration of its members.

Use faith in the absence of science, not in its stead.

Is Brainstorm a good card? 
Index... Ew. Comparing that to Brainstorm is like clubbing baby seals.

Index is just surch a great card, run it as a 4 of in every B deck.
I hate dogs.

In Magic, B = , U =

Psuedo-trolling because the OP made that mistake too. Said he played R/B Miracles.
There's really no good replacement for Brainstorm.  The only library manipulation is Index, and it's godawful.

Wizards really needs to give us some sort of library manipulation.  Even something low-power like Telling Time would be nice.
There's really no good replacement for Brainstorm.  The only library manipulation is Index, and it's godawful.

Wizards really needs to give us some sort of library manipulation.  Even something low-power like Telling Time would be nice.

I don't expect that to happen until delver rotates.

Why does everyone think I'm phantom lancer? QFT:

Show
139359831 wrote:
I hope all this helps you to see things in a greater light—and understand that Magic: the Gathering was really created by extraterrestials using Richard Garfield as a medium. The game itself reflects the socio-psycho realtivity between living beings, and the science that takes precedence over them—to define reality for them all (like telekinesis, weather, scientific reaction, phenomenon, ingenuity, how the brain works, etc.). I'd also bet there is an entity floating thousands of miles above us, looking down on the current state of game, shaking its fist like... "Wtf are you doing?! You're getting it all screwed up!". Awkward—to be evolved, and yet still subject to the ladder that is the concepts of the game. In this case, misconception, corruption, and deception. With the realities of each color becoming distorted (through oblivious designers), leading the game to reflect a false state of reality that warps the understanding that other people have about those things. For example, people thinking that white could be anything except pure good. This shouldn't be too far off though, I mean...Magic is designed based on reality after all, so that entity (those entities) should be subject to those things. Anyways, I guess when you're busy doing space stuff you can't always be around to ensure quality control. It's no wonder they choose Garfield, they're so much alike; that's exactly what happened to him and Magic.
166199665 wrote:
omg snortng so much febbdelicious /intocixated in rl
um are you serious brainstorm is legal in standard 

It isn't even in the Modern cardpool. There is no way it is standard legal.
Resident Piggles Zombie piggy is eatin' your sigs om nom nom (>*o*)>
MTG Card
Front: PigKnight, One Line Poster (3W) Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Vigilance When this creature dies, return him to play and transform him. (2/3) >(5/3)< Back: (Black)ZombiePiggles, Eater of Tomato Sauce Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Zombie Trample, Intimidate B: Regenerate this creature. When this creature is the target of a white spell, transform this creature. (5/3)

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/15.jpg)

that's because they banned all the good cards in modern. 

No, it isn't even on the banlist.  It was just never printed in a modern set.

Show
139359831 wrote:
I hope all this helps you to see things in a greater light—and understand that Magic: the Gathering was really created by extraterrestials using Richard Garfield as a medium. The game itself reflects the socio-psycho realtivity between living beings, and the science that takes precedence over them—to define reality for them all (like telekinesis, weather, scientific reaction, phenomenon, ingenuity, how the brain works, etc.). I'd also bet there is an entity floating thousands of miles above us, looking down on the current state of game, shaking its fist like... "Wtf are you doing?! You're getting it all screwed up!". Awkward—to be evolved, and yet still subject to the ladder that is the concepts of the game. In this case, misconception, corruption, and deception. With the realities of each color becoming distorted (through oblivious designers), leading the game to reflect a false state of reality that warps the understanding that other people have about those things. For example, people thinking that white could be anything except pure good. This shouldn't be too far off though, I mean...Magic is designed based on reality after all, so that entity (those entities) should be subject to those things. Anyways, I guess when you're busy doing space stuff you can't always be around to ensure quality control. It's no wonder they choose Garfield, they're so much alike; that's exactly what happened to him and Magic.
166199665 wrote:

No, it isn't even on the banlist.  It was just never printed in a modern set.

i don't think you've played modern before. 

In Magic, B = , U =

I'm aware. I'm also aware that B has no miracles. 

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/5.jpg)

gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details....
It's never been printed in a modern legal set... 

Show
139359831 wrote:
166199665 wrote:
This thread is so pointless.

(at)MrEnglish22

This thread is so pointless.

It reminds me of a time when some kid brought a Necropotence-Psychotog deck to an FNM during Mirrodin-Innistrad (pre Dark Ascension) Standard event and got DQ'd.
Resident Piggles Zombie piggy is eatin' your sigs om nom nom (>*o*)>
MTG Card
Front: PigKnight, One Line Poster (3W) Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Vigilance When this creature dies, return him to play and transform him. (2/3) >(5/3)< Back: (Black)ZombiePiggles, Eater of Tomato Sauce Legendary Creature - Boar Knight Zombie Trample, Intimidate B: Regenerate this creature. When this creature is the target of a white spell, transform this creature. (5/3)

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/15.jpg)

Are you serious? It's only legal in Standard  Legacy/Vintage Know your cards. Especially for a guy with a Watanabe avatar.

Are you serious? It's only legal in Standard Know your cards. Especially for a guy with a Watanabe avatar.

I really don't think it is...

Show
139359831 wrote:
166199665 wrote:
w8 so i can play my powerstick at FNM? thx doomtomb
Standard Pauper! (play it on MTGO)
I meant Legacy or Vintage. It was a typo...
I meant Legacy or Vintage. It was a typo...

Yeah, I'm sure... 
I hate dogs.
Trolls
Trolls

While felis might be a troll, I take offense at being called one.  I am a helpful and productive poster who tries to get along with people, and I apologize for correcting your factual error, but I felt it was necessary to inform others of the card's legality.

Show
139359831 wrote:
166199665 wrote:
I like to think that I contribute to these forums as well, even if my contributions are of a different nature.
I hate dogs.
It seems that anybody on these forums with a cat based avatar is only about as constructive as a box of kittens. Sure, it's nice to look at... But half the time it's meaningless rubble that everyone already knows about or will waste your time with how adorably evil it happens to be.

And honestly, I think these forums are a happier place for getting people all wiled up over their mistakes being pointed out. Time, and time again.
Always right, 102% of the time.
It seems that anybody on these forums with a cat based avatar is only about as constructive as a box of kittens. Sure, it's nice to look at... But half the time it's meaningless rubble that everyone already knows about or will waste your time with how adorably evil it happens to be.

And honestly, I think these forums are a happier place for getting people all wiled up over their mistakes being pointed out. Time, and time again.

Wait, you have a cat-based avatar...

Show
139359831 wrote:
166199665 wrote:

Wait, you have a cat-based avatar...

And his post was pointless...

(at)MrEnglish22