Dark Ritual question

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
How is Dark Ritual used?  Is it I play it and get the three mana and then the three mana are gone at the end of that turn?  Or do they stay in my mana pool for the duration of the duel?  Thanks.

Paul
How is Dark Ritual used?  Is it I play it and get the three mana and then the three mana are gone at the end of that turn?  Or do they stay in my mana pool for the duration of the duel?  Thanks.

Paul

Unused mana empties from the pool at the end of any step or phase.  So, if you don't spend the mana from the Ritual it will be gone at the end of the current step/phase.
But then the three mana are back on my next turn correct?  Guess what I'm asking is if Dark Ritual is used only on one turn (like an instant) or do the lands become available every turn for me?
no
proud member of the 2011 community team
But then the three mana are back on my next turn correct?

No, once the mana is spent or empties from your mana pool it is gone forever. 

Dark Ritual does not give you three lands, if that's what you're thinking.
community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

That is what I was thinking.. Thanks for the link on mana pool.. Now it makes sense.  Still a great card to hold onto and use.  Just have to time it right then!
Awesome.. thanks alot!
Just to be sure, let's compare it o tapping three swamps for a black mana each. The mana won't be available the next turn, the pool empties indeed at the end of each step/phase. ;)

Rules Advisor

The Basic rulebook, read it! A lot of basic questions are answered there!

How to autocard :
Type [c]Black Lotus[/c] to get Black Lotus.
Type [c=Black Lotus]The Overpowered One[/c] to get The Overpowered One.

Sign In to post comments