New artist to the D&D community: Tips?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Okay, not gonna lie, I'm pretty new to D&D but my buddy's dad has a small company that needs an artist for a magazine as well as a book/manual and if he finds my work is good enough, I can do it all. My problem? I know almost nothing about the monsters of the game. I was hoping to get some tips from players to refine how I draw different beasts/monsters/creatures/etc. Once I have a few tips I can upload the work I have so far to deviantArt and get further critique from there.

Help a girl out? 
what specifically do you need?  I would recommend getting your hands on copies of the Monsters Manual 1, Monster Manual 2 and Monster Manual 3.

If you just want tips I can help a bit.  I'm not an artist myself, but I've commissioned a good bit of work in the past so I know how to give good critiques of artwork to get it to fit the mold you are looking for.  Send me a PM with anything else or just post back on here. 
Currently working on making a Dex based defender. Check it out here
Show
Need a few pre-generated characters for a one-shot you are running? Want to get a baseline for what an effective build for a class you aren't familiar with? Check out the Pregen thread here If ever you are interested what it sounds like to be at my table check out my blog and podcast here Also, I've recently done an episode on "Refluffing". You can check that out here