Making people concede.

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
So I was thinking te other day about times I've or friends of mine have conceded.  Sometimes it's pretty funny when someone just throws their cards down saying "I'm done.".

Thought maybe I'd start a thread to se if anyone else has some stories where they made friends just say f'k it!

Mine;  Playing with my "in development" reanimator.  The only destruction I had was Angel of Despair.  My friend pull's out Humility so I start attaching him with my 1/1's when a few turns later he pulls out an enchantment that causes him to gain 1 life for every creature attaching him;  I saw that, threw my hand down and said "Well that's that."  I literally had no way to beat him; my deck obviously went under some heavy mod's after that.

Conceding to me;  Playing casual with my friend.  I'm using his Life Gain/Cleric deck vs. his Fun With Fungus/Saproling deck.  So basically a bunch of small creatures.  Thanks to 2 Soul Wardens he's not really able to knock me down but he has to may blockers for me to get by. I eventually get out Ajani Goldmane and quickly get to his ultimate.  I get my Avatar (who at this point I believe was a 35/35); my friend has to many blockers so each time I try and attack he just blocks with a 1/1 saproling; until I enchant the Avatar giving it lifelink.  he blocks once, sends my life to 70 and does the sweep.  Best victory ever!  Not really but one of the funnier.
I've got a couple of casual, multiplayer decks that when they get their lock out will usually make them concede.  One uses Sen Triplets and Mindslaver to just control everybody.  It uses Bringer of the White Dawn to recycle the Mindslaver, and Paradox Hazes so I can target more than one opponent a turn.  It used to have a Lighthouse Chronologist as well.  I've got the whole shibang off a few times.  It's fun for me, I control your spells on my turn, I control your turn, I get a turn every other turn in multiplayer.  What's not to love.

The other day, playing multiplayer, I had out Breathstealer's Crypt, Tainted Aether, and Humility.  On top of that I had a Tamiyo emblem with a Final Judgment and Heroes Remembered in my hand, with enough mana to cast both.
STEP 1: Find your cousin STEP 2: Get your cousin in the cannon STEP: 3 Find another cousin
Last Friday I had two people conceed to me in EDH after I dropped Omniscience.

Scope my YouTube channel!

Here's a shout out for Scholars' Books & Games in Bridgewater, MA, and for Paladin's Place in Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany where I was stationed for two years. Support your FLGS!

Attacking the darkness since 1987, turning creatures sideways since 1994.

When Crucible of Worlds was released I got 4 at the pre-release and played them at a type 1 event. The store allowed all the new set cards in the tourny even though they were not offically released which might mean I was the first person to play the Crucilbe/Zorb/fastbond combo in a sanctioned event lol

The last round was me vs a w/u control deck, I won every game in the tourny in two games to none and only two of those games went past the 2nd turn. We sitdown and he says "I concede" I figure its because he just wants to use sideboard even though I'd of still played it out, after all the winner of this match gets a lotus (about $350 at the time) and the loser gets an emerald (about $180) 

I ask "you going to sideboard?"

he says "No, I'm just not even going to bother"

respect!

<----- Loser.

When Crucible of Worlds was released I got 4 at the pre-release and played them at a type 1 event. The store allowed all the new set cards in the tourny even though they were not offically released which might mean I was the first person to play the Crucilbe/Zorb/fastbond combo in a sanctioned event lol

If the cards aren't legal, the event isn't sanctioned. 

Sig
Disclaimers
My initial responses to rules questions are usually just answers. If you want an explanation as to why, say so. Just because it says I'm there, I'm not necessarily there. I leave my browser open so I don't have to reload ~30 tabs. Anyone who wants to text duel me through either PM or chat can just PM me with a format (and a time if playing through chat). I don't play standard.
# Card Blind Hall of Fame
3CB
3CB #1 (1/30/11): Won by silasw, with Mishra's Factory, Orzhov Basilica, Vindicate. 3CB #2 (2/13/11): Won by Vektor480, with Mishra's Workshop, Ensnaring Bridge, Scalding Tongs 3CB #3(2/20/11): Joint win between defuse, with Saprazzan Skerry, Scalding Tongs, Energy Field; and Mown, with The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Inkmoth Nexus, Sheltered Valley 3CB #4(3/13/11): Won by Mown, with Keldon Megaliths, The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale, Boros Garrison 3CB #5(3/20/11): Won by silasw, with Black Lotus, Channel, Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
5CB
5CB 1 (3/6/11): Won by Maraxus-of-Keld, with Tropical Island, Thallid, Nether Spirit, Daze, Foil
quotes
56819178 wrote:
So, how would I use a card that has a large in the top half and "sui?l? -- pu?? ?is?q" across the middle?
57031358 wrote:
99113151 wrote:
Winning is not important if: 1. You win by a blowout. 2. You pay billions of dollars in cards to win. If you like wasting money just to win one game, while you could have saved it to lose a few and end up winning more in the future, then it is fine by me.
what? do you ceremonially light your deck on fire after a win?
57169958 wrote:
Or did no one notice Transmogrifying Licid before. (And by not notice, I mean covered their ears and shouted LA LA LA LA )
57193048 wrote:
57169958 wrote:
Hmmm... I think the most awkward situation at the moment is simply the Myr Welder / Equipment / Licid / Aura craziness, but I'm pretty sure he's aware of it.
If the most awkward thing going on right now involves Licids, I declare victory.
56287226 wrote:
We regret to inform you of Trevor Kidd's untimely demise in an unfortunate accident involving a mysteriously blown breaker box and a photophobic creature of unknown origin at his home near Renton, Washington. We at the Wizards Community apologize for any inconvenience or delay, and assure you we'll be preparing a replacement to assume his duties as soon as we finish warming up the cloning vats.
[02:47:46] It doesn't merely "come out of suspend" - you take the last time counter off, and then suspend triggers and say "now cast that! CAST IT NOOOOOW!" [02:47:49] Because suspend has no indoors voice
[10:11:33] !opalescence [10:11:33] Opalescence {2WW} |Enchantment| Each other non-Aura enchantment is a creature with power and toughness each equal to its converted mana cost. It's still an enchantment. · Reserved,UD-R,Vin,Leg,Cla,USBC [10:11:51] *sigh* [10:12:10] Otecko: Do you have a question about Opalescence? [10:12:17] sure [10:12:23] $10 on humility interaction [10:12:25] :P [10:12:29] :D [10:12:47] humility + opalescence put into play by replenish
Ego
58325628 wrote:
Mage is awesome, BTW.
56967858 wrote:
Dear Mage24365, You are totally awesome. Thank you so much. I hope you are able to dine in Paradise without kicking the bucket to actually get there, and that every dollar you ever make magically becomes two more.
58158398 wrote:
56761258 wrote:
I don't think there are any cards like that. There are things that prevent you from activating activated abilities, things that increase their cost, and things that counter them, but I don't think anything triggers from them specifically. There are things that trigger from targeting, so that might be relevant, but I can't think of anything that triggers from targeting a player. I'm almost positive there's nothing that triggers from damage being prevented.
Rings of Brighthearth; Dormant Gomazoa; Samite Ministration.
56761258 wrote:
Well played.

If the cards aren't legal, the event isn't sanctioned. 

Well it was since points (or whatever they are) went to my DCI player account.

<----- Loser.

Five player game, three hive minds, two kicked Rite of Replications, Essence Warden. We agreed to call the game a draw on the grounds that 10 pm is no time for math.

Also it's become a rule of etiquette in Off-The-Top that when you concede, you must do so by scattering your cards across the board in the most exagerated fashion possible.
Thanks to Long_Con for the avatar.
River Guide
56756068 wrote:
58147568 wrote:
121816979 wrote:
56819178 wrote:
147112461 wrote:
Hi everyone,I have two questions. 1. If my opponent already controlled a planewalker , then he cast avacyn,angle of hope ,and resolved on battlefield.Now his planewalker in indestructible right?
[c]Avacyn, Angel of Hope[/c] -> Avacyn, Angel of Hope
No need to be so obtuse, maybe he's just trying to complement her. That's not too radical of a concept, I mean she is pretty acute, right?.
This right here should be a bannable offense :p
No, not an outright banning, that's too easy. He should be punished ... ... by degrees.
I rage-quit a few weeks ago when one of my opponents (multiplayer) dropped Iona.
My favorite is probably watching oponnents concede after layering three chronomantic escapes
Woot! Go RED! I love red! Red is awesome! Did I mention I love red?
those personality things
Suprisingly enough, in that test, I'm not red I am White/Black
I am White/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/21.jpg)

Boss smileys: Come check out the Expanded Multiverse Project for great stories and a great community
quotes
56778328 wrote:
Why did you post it here? "Hey, all you guys who play this game! I'm not gonna play it!" "Umm... Ok, dude."
I rage-quit a few weeks ago when one of my opponents (multiplayer) dropped Iona.

I know someone with a Celestial Dawn/Fist of Suns deck featuring Iona. He wasn't happy when his opponent reanimated the Iona from his graveyard, naming white.
@rulesinquisitor;  Part of the reason I want to run Iona (besides her being purely kick-@$$) is to make someone rage quit when I bring her out turn 2.  Yay Reanimator.

@silasw;  Yeah, my one fear of playing Iona ina  reanimator is someone is gonna nab her before i get the chance to bring her out myself.  Lucky my deck is B/U so it's be hard to lock right down (with just her), but still.
Sign In to post comments