[GTC-ICD] Domri Rade

109 posts / 0 new
Last post
Domri Rade
Planeswalker - Domri (M)
+1: Look at the top card of your library. If it's a creature card, you may reveal it and put it into your hand.
-2: Target creature you control fights another target creature.
-7: You get an emblem with "Creatures you control have double strike, trample, hexproof and haste".

Thanks to MTGSalvation for this information.

Discuss.

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
Buhahaha, that's pretty nice!
Great Planeswalker, gives RGx beats card draw. Will be played in a standard Naya Zoo deck when Gatecrash comes out, which WILL be a real contendor.
It was mentioned in the Flavor and Storylines forum, but it bears mentioning again - this dude looks really young.

GW

Cookie Count: 1 million + 1039 Wooden Spoon Count: 2 YMtC Trophies 1st: 9 2nd: 11 3rd: 13 4th: 4 I lost >6000 posts during the last forum migration. #14000th post at 05/11/09 #15000th post at 22/02/10 #16000th post at 10/06/10 #17000th post at 27/10/10 #18000th post at 27/04/11 #19000th post at 24/08/11 #20000th post at 21/04/12 #21000th post at 21/01/13
I don't want to say that this is a fake...but just look at the art. Unlike every other planeswalker Domri doesn't really stand out, he's small and there is a lot of space used for environment in the picture. Also nothing pops over the frames.

IMAGE(http://oi39.tinypic.com/14mvxh5.jpg)

This card is so underwhelming. it doesn't consistently draw you a card and if it isn't a creature you can't even put it on the bottom of your library. bleh. 
Also nothing pops over the frames.

neither does Nissa Revane

~Your either my puppet or my matchstick~

color preferences (1st is fav and so on):

198732583 wrote:
Oh Ajani seems to like Elpheth's milk, meow.
5 turns is a long time to get to the ultimate, and if you had enough creatures to defend it then yu should of smashed your opponent already.

<----- Loser.

Great Planeswalker, gives RGx beats card draw. Will be played in a standard Naya Zoo deck when Gatecrash comes out, which WILL be a real contendor.

RGx beats doesn't want a card that you cast now and four turns later get a Divination out of it.
A Naya deck might not mind using this guy as removal after a second turn Loxodon Smiter, but the disadvantage is that he is much less useful if you don't have the Smiter.
Here is a planeswalker for the casual players, like Liliana of the Dark Realms.  

Way too early to say how good this guy is, but generally speaking R&D never sets out to makebad Planeswalkers.
Also nothing pops over the frames.

neither does Nissa Revane

Correct but at least Nissa is cleary the focus of the art (no background objects). Domri has a lot of stuff going on behind him which makes him look more like a legendary creature instead of a planeswalker. The card's abilities and wording seem to be fine tough.

IMAGE(http://oi39.tinypic.com/14mvxh5.jpg)

5 turns is a long time to get to the ultimate, and if you had enough creatures to defend it then yu should of smashed your opponent already.

notice he only costs 3 mana...so it's not like he's going to be terribly good. Good planeswalkers usually start at 4 mana (Ajani Goldman, Ajani Vengeant, Chandra, the Firebrand, Elspeth, Knight-Errant, and Sorin, Lord of Innistrad)

198732583 wrote:
If Domri's supposed to be portrayed as a really young man, I can see the justification for his lack of presence in the art.

GW

We've had planeswalkers in the game for a really long time now, yet people still are constantly undervaluing them. It actually frustrates me far more than it should.

Here's a protip (from a non-pro): Don't judge a planeswalker based on one of its abilities. Those of you who say you don't like Domri's +1 because it doesn't always draw you a card, you don't like his -2 because it requires board presence to be effective, or you don't like his ultimate because it takes too long to reach, and therefore you think the card is less than spectacular, you are nothing short of narrow-minded. Domri's abilities would all be playable as cards on their own. Staple them all together and you have the recipe for a top-notch walker.

Maybe I'm crazy, but if I'm playing RG aggro and I need to add in removal, I'm going to choose the removal that is also card draw and Overrun.
We've had planeswalkers in the game for a really long time now, yet people still are constantly undervaluing them. It actually frustrates me far more than it should.

Here's a protip (from a non-pro): Don't judge a planeswalker based on one of its abilities. Those of you who say you don't like Domri's +1 because it doesn't always draw you a card, you don't like his -2 because it requires board presence to be effective, or you don't like his ultimate because it takes too long to reach, and therefore you think the card is less than spectacular, you are nothing short of narrow-minded. Domri's abilities would all be playable as cards on their own. Staple them all together and you have the recipe for a top-notch walker.

Maybe I'm crazy, but if I'm playing RG aggro and I need to add in removal, I'm going to choose the removal that is also card draw and Overrun.

If you are talking about limited, then I agree.

For constructed though, this guy just isn't that good. His +1 isn't always going to draw you a card, even in a deck filled to the brim with creatures, at best his +1 is going to be 50% to draw a card, 50% chance to do nothing.

His -2 is repeatable removal, which has historically been good. That said, it requires you to jump through a lot of hoops. In order for it to do anything at all, you need a creature on the table that can at least trade with your opponents creature. In order to provide any CA, you need a creature that can already favorably block one of your opponents creatures, at which point, you are probably already ahead before the Prey Upon is even a factor.

His Ultimate is pretty sweet, and I can assume it will end games pretty quickly when it happens. This is generally true of all PW ultimates though, so that is nothing special. Add to this that the ultimate does absolutely nothing should you not have any creatures on the table. It will also take at least 3 more turns after playing him to get him to ultimate.

He also does nothing at all really to protect himself, and there is an abundance of PW removal in the format at the moment (Dreadbore, Abrupt Decay, Oblivion Ring, Detention Sphere, Searing Spear).

This guy is basically a bad Garruk Relentless, and even he hasn't done a whole lot since we got him.

At best, I see this guy showing up in Deathtouch+Fight.dec and that's about it. *shrug*
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am a God."
If this is legit, I want four.
I've gotta say, I really like him.  I didn't play standard when Sarkhan came out, so I've never used a R/G walker.  I like his +1 ability, even if it reveals half of your draws.  At 3cmc, he's got a lot of potential.  We'll see if he can back that up.
Favorite set: Arabian Nights Favorite planeswalker: Taysir, the One Made of Five Favorite book cycle: Ice Age Favorite creature type(s): Elephant (W), Minotaur (R), Shade (B), Spider (G), Cephalid (U) Myr (Artifact) Pauper: Monoblack Control Modern: Zombie Tribal; Unyaro Stax Cube: The Moons of Mirrodin
I keep reading his name as Doomri Blade

love this guy, hopefully he sees some play because he's so sweet.

The reason this guy's +1 doesn't consistantly draw you are card is because Wizard's does NOT make 3 mana planeswalkers that have + abilities that net card advantage. This guy seems fairly comparable to Liliana of the Veil. Abilities and costs and all.
This guy is of comparable quality to Garruk 2, maybe a touch weaker.
Was this absolutely confirmed as legit?
IMAGE(http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af108/acatan/sigwynzermancopy.png) Signature by IMAGE(http://www.poke-amph.com/heartgoldsoulsilver/sprites/258.png)
This guy is of comparable quality to Garruk 2, maybe a touch weaker.

I don't think so... but on the other hand I'm not so pessimist about his +1.
If you draw a creature you're probably going to protect him with it, so indirectly he protects himself, while giving CA. If not... bad luck...
He would love Oracle of Mul Daya.
Anyway, finally a good use for Mwonvuli Beast Tracker (with Conjurer's Closet) and Gravepurge :D
I like. Will be great in my animar edh.

3DH4LIF3

He's clearly a young human or elf, and he's standing in front of large tusks, probably from the beast he beat down, and I dunno what he's holding but it's probably another trophey from hunting or making thing hunt each other. The whole point of the art is to show that he's a badass little kid!
The more i read this guy, the less playable he seems.  You aren't dropping him turn 3, so you're playing him mid/late game or in a ramp into fatties deck, but by then there are better plays.  Using the Mwonvuli Beast Tracker recommendation if you want to play with his +1, you're paying 6 mana and a 2 card combo, and now you have your threat in hand.  Why not Green Sun's Zenith and save all that hassle?  And his -2, I don't see much reason to run this over a copy of Prey Upon (save mana) or Ulvenwald Tracker (repeatable every turn).  I'd never run a 'walker specifically for their ultimate, and this one seems like one of the worst to shoot for, since playing R/G, you definitely could've won before you get that emblem.  =/
On the face of it, a more expensive prey upon!

However, flexibility is valuable and there will be decks in which this provides some long and short game. Certainly this is better than Tibalt, the Useless.

I'd say worthy of a £7.50 mythic rare. Which will mean it will be sold at £15 to £20.

..."window.parent.tinyMCE.get('post_content').onLoad.dispatch();" contenteditable="true" />I'd say worthy of a £7.50 mythic rare. Which will mean it will be sold at £15 to £20.

That's not how prices work. :P
I think it is a fake as most planeswalker cards have their art pop out of the frame and wizards will not make such a poor planeswalker.
But at least I would choose this card over Tibalt. DEFINATELY. Enough said.

A typical   trying to get somewhere in the Multiverse, allons-y?

DOCTOR WHO OOOOOOOOEEOOOOOOOO OOOOOOEEOOOOOOO (I'm weird, cant help it)

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:
I was browsing through some cards in gatherer and I noticed something really odd - the transforming cards from Innistrad like Mayor of Avabruck have separate comments and ratings for each side. Isn't that totally stupid? It feels as senseless as having two different pages for each side of a split card or having different pages for Nimble Mongoose with and without threshold.

56965528 wrote:
*mutters under his breath* Squinty's Wife: "What was that!?!?" Umm, I said.... umm..... ahhh.... *another smack upside the head* Squinty's Wife: "Care to try again?" *shakes head vigerously* Squinty's Wife: "That's better." ~SE++ *whimpering*

Current deck goals:

NON-AGGRO, NON-MONO RED deck (Not getting very far with it though)

Standard mono red deck for FNM next Friday

He is pretty good, not the best but not useless either.

His +1 while not ensuring a draw does let you know what card you will draw next, which helps you plan ahead. His -2 is useful and his ultimate is just gravy.
He is pretty good, not the best but not useless either.

His -2 is useful.

i agree with this. Just because you have the toughest creatures it doesn't mean you have the game in the palm of your hand. There a little 1/1's that have some pretty good activated abilities...or guildmages. Best way to get rid of em with green if there not attacking or blocking? Fight em.

198732583 wrote:
But u will make him more vulnerable to attacks and removal spells.

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:
I was browsing through some cards in gatherer and I noticed something really odd - the transforming cards from Innistrad like Mayor of Avabruck have separate comments and ratings for each side. Isn't that totally stupid? It feels as senseless as having two different pages for each side of a split card or having different pages for Nimble Mongoose with and without threshold.

56965528 wrote:
*mutters under his breath* Squinty's Wife: "What was that!?!?" Umm, I said.... umm..... ahhh.... *another smack upside the head* Squinty's Wife: "Care to try again?" *shakes head vigerously* Squinty's Wife: "That's better." ~SE++ *whimpering*

Current deck goals:

I hope the Gruul players enjoy him. Must say I'm a bit disappointed he isn't Dimir or Orzhov coloured though, but that's just because I'm a selfish black player, and we already know Ral Zarek is on his way in DM.

He fits in several plays with the deck, is removal, can get more creatures... His ultimate will never happen, but it's a cute one nonetheless. He could be the backbone of some ridiculous G/R fight control deck though, which I now might have to brew up.
I want to be Cultured.
I simply MUST make a deck abusing his -2's interaction with deathtouch.
Well it's most probably a fake.
And it's hard for me to say it's a gd card even if it's real as I'm a passionate Gruul player so I kinda want gd cards for my guild.
Maybe 1 day Izzet will be overshined by Gruul!

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:

56965528 wrote:

Current deck goals:

And this is definitely not a good card. Enough said.

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:

56965528 wrote:

Current deck goals:

Not really playable in standard.

3,000th post: September 5, 2010 4,000th post: March 24, 2012

Winner of the YMTC Ravnica War of the Guilds contest as guild Dimir.

Snapcaster Mage is the best card of all time. How do you deal?

This guy is perfect for consistant aggro. You get him out on 2nd turn (with a 1st turn ramp) and just keep plus 1 as keep popping out creatures. Yes you might miss but this helps aggro so much. And if for some reason this guy makes it to him ultimate... well dang...
But u got to keep trying to prevent your opponent from killing him and it's not a garuntee you will get it at turn 3.

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:

56965528 wrote:

Current deck goals:

But u got to keep trying to prevent your opponent from killing him and it's not a garuntee you will get it at turn 3.

if your running a gruul deck you'll have plenty of creatures to block, and what kind of stuff will your opponent have during the beginning phase of the game? if your playing aggro you'll have hthe upper hand. The only worry you should focus on is a Lightning bolt headed his way

198732583 wrote:
Well I play RG aggro and u will mostly have some small drops in the early 1-3 turns.
So u kinda want to attack in aggro most of the time so not many chances to block.

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:

56965528 wrote:

Current deck goals:

Sign In to post comments