Some doubts

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
1)Does the Favored Shape Class Feature from Master Transmogrifist works with Shapechange or just with Polymorph?

I ask that because in this ability is stated that it works with Polymorph, BUT the Infinite Variety ability works with Shapechange, but at the same time requires a Favored Shape that should only work with Polymorph.

2)There is official epic material about 9 Swords Maneuvers and Pact, Shadow and Truename Magic?
2) Very little, if any. If there is any epic material, it will be found within the books themselves.
"Today's headlines and history's judgment are rarely the same. If you are too attentive to the former, you will most certainly not do the hard work of securing the latter." -Condoleezza Rice "My fellow Americans... I've just signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever. Bombing begins in five minutes." - Ronald Reagan This user has been banned from you by the letters "O-R-C" and the numbers "2, 3, 4, and 6"
User Quotes
56788208 wrote:
I do, however, have one last lesson on this subject. That last one? The only build in this post that can one-shot average opponents[by dealing twice as much damage as they have HP? I would argue that it is not optimized. Why isn't it optimized? Because it's overkill. Overkill is NOT optimizing. This means that there are portions of this build dedicated to damage which can safely be removed and thrown elsewhere. For example, you probably don't need both Leap Attack AND Headlong Rush at the same time. You could pick up Extra Rage feats for stamina, feats to support AoO effects, feats that work towards potential prestige classes, and so on. However, you could also shift our ability scores around somewhat. I mean, if you're getting results like that with 16 starting Strength, maybe you can lower it to 14, and free up four points to spend somewhere else - perhaps back into Charisma, giving you some oomph for Intimidating Rage or Imperious Command if you want. You can continue to tune this until it deals "enough" damage - and that "enough" does not need to be "100%". It could easily be, say, 80% (leaving the rest to the team), if your DM is the sort who would ban one-hit killers.
Tempest_Stormwind on Character Optimization
So when do you think Bachmann will be saying she met a mother the previous night that had a son who got a blood transfusion using a gay guy's blood, and now the son is retardedly gay?
When she meets CJ's mom?
Resident Pithed-Off Dragon Poon Slayer of the House of Trolls
Thanks for the reply, but nobody has any idea about the first question?

Btw: I didn't find any epic material within those books, so i guess it doesn't exist at all, at least not oficially.
1)Does the Favored Shape Class Feature from Master Transmogrifist works with Shapechange or just with Polymorph?

I ask that because in this ability is stated that it works with Polymorph, BUT the Infinite Variety ability works with Shapechange, but at the same time requires a Favored Shape that should only work with Polymorph.

2)There is official epic material about 9 Swords Maneuvers and Pact, Shadow and Truename Magic?

under the standard rules only work with Polymorph Spell because the requirements dont say "Able to cast alter self and polymorph or Shapechange subtype"
Pepe pecas pica papas con un pico con un pico pepe pecas pica papas si pepe pecas pica papas con un pico donde esta el pico con que pepe pecas pica papas.
Favored shape doesn't say how you assumed that shape so presumedly it wouldn't matter how you assume it just that it is your favored shape.
Et in arcadia ego~Even in paradise I am here Est Sularus Oth Mithas~My Honor Is My Life You, sir, are a liar. Or delusional. I like your style.- Zombie_Babies
Show
The two editions are very different...and make for two different games. In general, 3.0/3.5 is built around more-or-less full freedom in terms of character customization. In contrast, 4.0 is built around balance and ease of play. Honestly, I think WotC should have maintained both lines as parallel games.
(real life friends came up with this not me) The Resident Nonexistant Antichrist Neanderthal Amish Werewolf Jesus Delusion.
Favored shape doesn't say how you assumed that shape so presumedly it wouldn't matter how you assume it just that it is your favored shape.

Yes, but it says that the Favored Shape must be a form you can assume with Polymorph, but we all know that Polymorph only works to 15 HD creature's forms, and Shapechange works to 25, so i wanted to use the better.

This doubt came because Infinite Variety says that it works with any Favored Shape you can assume with Alter Self, Polymorph and Shapechange, while Favored Shape itself says it only works with forms you can assume with Polymorph.

So based on Oma's post i guess i could use Shapechange, but the best Favored Shape i would get with that still is the same as i get with Polymorph... That's just sad Cry

Do you guys think the same way?