Blue Aggro Control Deck Help

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi everyone, I just made a new blue deck with illusions. Other than merfolk, they seem to be a very good tribe for aggro control. Muddle the mixture lets me tutor for my lord and image. Any feedback?

Creatures:22
4x Lord of the Unreal 
4x Adaptive Automaton
4x Phantasmal Image
4x Phantasmal Bear
4x Phantasmal Dragon
2x Krovikan Mist      

Spells:16
4x Preordain  
2x Ponder 
2x Gitaxian Probe
4x Counterspell
2x Muddle the Mixture
2x Mana Leak     

Lands:22
4x Halimar Depths
18x Island
Whenever I see a fast creature-heavy deck, I always think Grand Architect!!! A fast, ramp, with Wurmcoil Engine is always the nuts!! You should also try Imaginary Pet. It works well with the lord. Nice deck idea!!
Whenever I see a fast creature-heavy deck, I always think Grand Architect!!! A fast, ramp, with Wurmcoil Engine is always the nuts!! You should also try Imaginary Pet. It works well with the lord. Nice deck idea!!

how many architects should i put in? And what should I remove?
Well, I can solve your Grand Architect problem whilst also getting you a very good card instead of your Counterspell.  Take out both Counterspells, and Mana Leak.  Instead of your Counterspell, add four Mana Drains.  And instead of those Mana Leaks, put in two Grand Architects.  Now, this solves that problem, but here's an entirely new problem: Your Lord of the Unreal says that other Illusion creatures get +1/+1 and hexproof, but all your Illusion creatures say destroy them when they become the target of a spell or ability.  Wouldn't Lord of the Unreal be targetting them with his ability???  Just sayin.
No because it is all in the wording, Lord of the Unreal's effect does not use the word target. He is meant to take the illusions' drawback away. He keeps your opponents from targeting them (thus killing them) with hexproof.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
I guess it solves the architect problem, but playing four Mana Drains does cause a "Should I spend over $400 on four cards for a casual deck" problem XD
Sign In to post comments