DLCR: Hypersonic Dragon

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Todays other RtR card to rate is...

Hypersonic Dragon

Show

5.0: First pick no matter what.  I will always play this card.
4.5: Splashable and first pick worthy.
4.0: First pick pack 1.
3.5: Early pick though not always a first pick.
3.0: Solid early/mid pick.
2.5: Solid pick in color.
2.0: Should generally make the deck if in this color.
1.5: Decent filler.
1.0: 23rd card if you have to.
0.5: This card will sometimes be sideboarded in.
0.0: I will never put this card into my deck (main deck or after sideboarding).

This dragon is pretty solid.  It's a lot easier to use then it's Utvara cousin.  First pickable pack 1 and maybe splash worthy depending on what you got.

Discuss! 
4.5. I'm a big fan of haste.
Check out my cube!
Show
My sig was so awesome it broke Browsers, [url= http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29455423/For_some_reason...]I had to remove it.[/url] Support Magic Fiction! Or Bolas will eat you
57193048 wrote:
You should never explain layers to people unless one of the following is true: they're studying for a judge exam, you're both in a Ben Affleck movie and it's the only way to save the world, or you hate them.
56663526 wrote:
We try to maintain the illusion that Magic cards are written in English.
56333196 wrote:
69511863 wrote:
Hell, if they steal from us, we'd be honored.
oh my god, AWESOME! Then changing the Slivers was your idea! haha lol
56734518 wrote:
Occassionally when catering, I've been put the task of arranging Fruit and Cheese or Grilled Vegetable platters. More than once a high class buffet has started with the mark of Phyrexia upon it. Since i've got a good eye for color so it looks great to people who don't get the "joke" (it's a niceley divided circle after all: the outline gives you 4-6 "regions" to work with), this has actually got me put on platter design more often, resulting in Phyrexia's presence at more private and industry events.
I have 6917 Planeswalker points, that's probably more than you. [c=Hero's Resolve]"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune, mana screw; they're all just ways of claiming your successes without claiming your failures." Gerrard of the Weatherlight[/c]
4.0 is good. It's a bomb certainly, but there are a lot of other bombier rares in this set.
If you have drafted one of these are there any sorceries that I should prioritise? Or should I just treat this guy as a 4/4 hasty flier and ignore the other ability?
If you have drafted one of these are there any sorceries that I should prioritise? Or should I just treat this guy as a 4/4 hasty flier and ignore the other ability?

I have yet to see the Sorcery ability be relevant, but I suppose Mind Rot would be better with it...

I have yet to see the Sorcery ability be relevant, but I suppose Mind Rot would be better with it...

Yea the second ability is hardly relevant in draft in those colors there a few decent sorceries that you can run that are okay. but nothing to build around.

Inaction Injunction
Traitorous Instinct
Goblin Rally 

In the uncommons/commons, but you know still nothing great. Traitorous instinct can become a one creature fog or clutch blocker for double removal. I choose your modestly powerful creature that will kill your bomb when I block with it (because I attacked last turn with my flying bomb that enabled me to do this). basically giving you a 2 for 1 on a good scale. Goblin rally can just be cast as a defensive chump blockers/and or lets sneak in some goblins on your end phase for an assault with a overload finisher the next turn.

Inaction Injuction just becomes detain with a cantrip not bad. 

However stayin in those colors (in commons) not much to build around. Yea I'd be delighted to pull of an instant speed rakdos return or dreadbore but the likely ness if me drafting that combo is unlikely.

Sign In to post comments