NEW RG werewolf deck

37 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ok this is the NEW and improved deck thanx to a couple of helpers in my last thread who help me to get this deck into better shape!
So any comments?

Main Deck
61 cards

11  Forest
1  Kessig Wolf Run
12  Mountain
24 lands

3  Instigator Gang
Wildblood Pack
3  Pyreheart Wolf
4 Immerwolf
4  Mayor of Avabruck
Howlpack Alpha
4  Reckless Waif
Merciless Predator
4 Wolfbitten Captive
Krallenhorde Killer
22 creatures

4  Brimstone Volley
4  Full Moon's Rise
4  Moonmist
3 Pillar of Flame
15 other spells

Sideboard
2 Ancient Grudge
1 Curse of the Nightly Hunt
2 Blasphemous Act
2 Electrickery
4 Giant Growth
4 Street Spasm

15 Sideboard Cards

*Thanks to VRdragon, Weisee, mr.physics, liljramos88, Symar*

A typical   trying to get somewhere in the Multiverse, allons-y?

DOCTOR WHO OOOOOOOOEEOOOOOOOO OOOOOOEEOOOOOOO (I'm weird, cant help it)

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:
I was browsing through some cards in gatherer and I noticed something really odd - the transforming cards from Innistrad like Mayor of Avabruck have separate comments and ratings for each side. Isn't that totally stupid? It feels as senseless as having two different pages for each side of a split card or having different pages for Nimble Mongoose with and without threshold.

56965528 wrote:
*mutters under his breath* Squinty's Wife: "What was that!?!?" Umm, I said.... umm..... ahhh.... *another smack upside the head* Squinty's Wife: "Care to try again?" *shakes head vigerously* Squinty's Wife: "That's better." ~SE++ *whimpering*

Current deck goals:

NON-AGGRO, NON-MONO RED deck (Not getting very far with it though)

Standard mono red deck for FNM next Friday

You're running 24 lands in an aggro deck. Wat?

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/5.jpg)

Well, my spells only cast 1-4 mana so I don't rely on many lands. The goal of a werewolf deck is to cast one or no spells to prevent them from turning back into humas. So I think 24 lands are kinda enough.

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:
I was browsing through some cards in gatherer and I noticed something really odd - the transforming cards from Innistrad like Mayor of Avabruck have separate comments and ratings for each side. Isn't that totally stupid? It feels as senseless as having two different pages for each side of a split card or having different pages for Nimble Mongoose with and without threshold.

56965528 wrote:
*mutters under his breath* Squinty's Wife: "What was that!?!?" Umm, I said.... umm..... ahhh.... *another smack upside the head* Squinty's Wife: "Care to try again?" *shakes head vigerously* Squinty's Wife: "That's better." ~SE++ *whimpering*

Current deck goals:

Well, my spells only cast 1-4 mana so I don't rely on many lands. The goal of a werewolf deck is to cast one or no spells to prevent them from turning back into humas. So I think 24 lands are kinda enough.

You misunderstand; he's telling you that 24 lands is too many.

Ok this is the NEW and improved deck thanx to a couple of helpers in my last thread who help me to get this deck into better shape! So any comments?
Main Deck 61 cards
11  Forest
1    Kessig Wolf Run
12  Mountain

24 lands

3 Instigator Gang / Wildblood Pack
3 Pyreheart Wolf
4 Immerwolf
4 Mayor of Avabruck / Howlpack Alpha
4 Reckless Waif / Merciless Predator
4 Wolfbitten Captive / Krallenhorde Killer

22 creatures

4 Brimstone Volley
Full Moon's Rise
4 Moonmist
3 Pillar of Flame

15 other spells  

Sideboard

2 Ancient Grudge
1 Curse of the Nightly Hunt
2 Blasphemous Act
2 Electrickery
4 Giant Growth
4 Street Spasm

15 Sideboard Cards

*Thanks to VRdragon, Weisee, mr.physics, liljramos88, Symar*

Linked your cards 

I would lose 2 lands, while were on the subject, I also would advice getting some of the duel lands in the M13 and maybe even waiting for the shocklands from the gatecrash set, mana fixing is always a nice thing to have. you should also consider adding another kessig wolf run, being able to pump ur guys + trample is always really nice.

I would consider running some more searing spears over some of the pillar of flames, pillar of flame is more of a sideboard item for zombies rather then a mainboard opption, plus that extra damage helps you deal with thragtusk more efficiently. 

I might also suggest adding Kruin Outlaw / Terror of Kruin Pass shes great lol, man even when shes not flipped shes kind of nice, but when she is flipped she will guarantee your wolves will get through; she could easily take the place of your Pyreheart Wolfs.

I would also consider putting Mondronen Shaman / Tovolar's Magehunter on your sideboard for those control match ups, if she flips she can cause a lot of problems for any deck that needs to cast lots of spells to opperate.

I would also consider adding giant growth and/or Titanic Growth to your mainboard, with 4 full moon's rise your guys are almost always gunna have trample so all you need to worry about is geting their power as high as unhumanly possible.
Ok thank u for the advice! I will get to work to make the deck even better! So any more suggestions?

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:

56965528 wrote:

Current deck goals:

Oh and I kinda forgot to mention this is a budget deck so that's why Pryeheart Wolf was used instead of Mondromen Shaman.

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:

56965528 wrote:

Current deck goals:

Sorry I meant Pryeheart Wolf instead of Kruin Outlaw.

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:

56965528 wrote:

Current deck goals:

You usually want to run no more than 60 cards, because a smaller deck lets you draw your best cards more often.  I'd probably cut a land because 23 is plenty for a deck with as many cheap spells as you have.

Why does everyone think I'm phantom lancer? QFT:

Show
139359831 wrote:
I hope all this helps you to see things in a greater light—and understand that Magic: the Gathering was really created by extraterrestials using Richard Garfield as a medium. The game itself reflects the socio-psycho realtivity between living beings, and the science that takes precedence over them—to define reality for them all (like telekinesis, weather, scientific reaction, phenomenon, ingenuity, how the brain works, etc.). I'd also bet there is an entity floating thousands of miles above us, looking down on the current state of game, shaking its fist like... "Wtf are you doing?! You're getting it all screwed up!". Awkward—to be evolved, and yet still subject to the ladder that is the concepts of the game. In this case, misconception, corruption, and deception. With the realities of each color becoming distorted (through oblivious designers), leading the game to reflect a false state of reality that warps the understanding that other people have about those things. For example, people thinking that white could be anything except pure good. This shouldn't be too far off though, I mean...Magic is designed based on reality after all, so that entity (those entities) should be subject to those things. Anyways, I guess when you're busy doing space stuff you can't always be around to ensure quality control. It's no wonder they choose Garfield, they're so much alike; that's exactly what happened to him and Magic.
166199665 wrote:
omg snortng so much febbdelicious /intocixated in rl
I just had a few games with my freinds and the deck worked out kinda great!
But there were a few problems I faced.
How do I get rid of those pesky planeswalkers?
Please help me out!

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:

56965528 wrote:

Current deck goals:

planeswalkers are always a pain to deal with, one good way to deal with them is through pithing needle, because you have to activate the planeswalkers abilities pithing needle basically neuters them.

another way is through burn spells searing spear, that ways is kind of obvious, also on a side note spells that deal damage (cannot be lose of life) to a player can be redirected at planeswalkers; things like bonfire of the damned where X is 4 damage, can do 4 damage to all of the creatures on your enemies side of the field and have the 4 damage redirected from the player to a planeswalker. Also if the other player has witchbane orb on his side of the field you cannot redirect damage to the planeswalker through direct burn spells because all damage dealt to the planeswalker has to go through the player first and if he is hexproof you can't target them.

theres also dreadbore, but thats not G/R, pithing needle is probably the best answer for now its a realatively cheap card by now, that or you could always just turn your creatures sideways and hit them.
Thanx for the idea I searched on Gatherer that another card can also destroy planeswalkers.
The card is Bramblecrush.
It's kinda expensive but can do the same job.
So should I add in Bramblecrush or Pithing Needle as Pithing Needle could be destroyed easily by an Ancient Grudge or a Torch Feind.

Oh and how do I link my cards?

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:

56965528 wrote:

Current deck goals:

Just had another few games with my friend.
Had a problem as his exalted deck keep slowing my deck down. So any suggestions to keep the exalted mechanic from working?

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:

56965528 wrote:

Current deck goals:

Most creatures in exalted decks are small by themselves, and you can exploit this.

When your friend declares his attacker, respond to the exalted triggers going on the stack with a burn spell. Your burn will resolve before his lone attacker gets huge, AND he just wasted his attack step.

Easy peasy. 
But wouldn't my removal spells become wasted if I keep doing this for a few turns?

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:

56965528 wrote:

Current deck goals:

But wouldn't my removal spells become wasted if I keep doing this for a few turns?

I wouldn't call killing a creature "wasted".

Why does everyone think I'm phantom lancer? QFT:

Show
139359831 wrote:
I hope all this helps you to see things in a greater light—and understand that Magic: the Gathering was really created by extraterrestials using Richard Garfield as a medium. The game itself reflects the socio-psycho realtivity between living beings, and the science that takes precedence over them—to define reality for them all (like telekinesis, weather, scientific reaction, phenomenon, ingenuity, how the brain works, etc.). I'd also bet there is an entity floating thousands of miles above us, looking down on the current state of game, shaking its fist like... "Wtf are you doing?! You're getting it all screwed up!". Awkward—to be evolved, and yet still subject to the ladder that is the concepts of the game. In this case, misconception, corruption, and deception. With the realities of each color becoming distorted (through oblivious designers), leading the game to reflect a false state of reality that warps the understanding that other people have about those things. For example, people thinking that white could be anything except pure good. This shouldn't be too far off though, I mean...Magic is designed based on reality after all, so that entity (those entities) should be subject to those things. Anyways, I guess when you're busy doing space stuff you can't always be around to ensure quality control. It's no wonder they choose Garfield, they're so much alike; that's exactly what happened to him and Magic.
166199665 wrote:
omg snortng so much febbdelicious /intocixated in rl
Ok I guess u are right but wouldn't I run out of removal spells after that many turns?

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:

56965528 wrote:

Current deck goals:

True, but unless he's just dropping guy after guy EVERY turn, he should be running low on creatures letting you out race him.
My Decks
Standard: BR Aggro Burn RDW Modern: Dragon Stompy Burn Fae Tempo Zoo Cherrios Legacy: Zoo Dragon Stompy Pauper: Slivers Landfall EDH: Sliver Overlord
1000th post on 2-1-10. 5000th post on 1-21-13.
Ok thanx for the help I'll be sure to remember it when having a game with him.

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:

56965528 wrote:

Current deck goals:

Just had a game with him and won!
Your suggestions were great!
But how do I counter Cower in Fear?
I had a load of werewolfs on the board but when it was his turn he cast two spells which transformed my werewolfs back and all of them were 1/1s. After that he attacked with a 6/6  Nefarox, Overlord of Grixis. When it was my turn, he cast the card and killed my army. I was lucky as I had a Brimstone Volley so I cast it and my friend died.
So any suggestions?

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:

56965528 wrote:

Current deck goals:

Moonmist will transform your Werewolves back to their bigger forms, and thus save them (provided they have more than 1 toughness in there transformed state).  That's really going to be your only out.
My Decks
Standard: BR Aggro Burn RDW Modern: Dragon Stompy Burn Fae Tempo Zoo Cherrios Legacy: Zoo Dragon Stompy Pauper: Slivers Landfall EDH: Sliver Overlord
Ok thanx I will just hope that I have a Moonmist in my hand when that happens.
By the way which is a better card to deal with planeswalkers?
Bramblecrush or Pithing Needle?

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:

56965528 wrote:

Current deck goals:

Depends on what you want.  Needle is a very narrow card.  All it does is stop activated abilities.  Bramblecrush will blow up any Artifact/Enchantment/Planeswalker/Land so long as it is not also a creature.  But at the same time, Needle costs 1 to play, Bramblecrush costs 4.  How soon to you want to be able to manage a Planeswalker?
My Decks
Jace and Nicol Bolas are my worst fears

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:

56965528 wrote:

Current deck goals:

They both have abilities which have a very big impact on the game once they come into the battlefield.

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:

56965528 wrote:

Current deck goals:

Needle might be your best option then.  Bolas can do the bulk of his damage the turn he comes into play.  Jace requires some build up so you can afford to let him have a turn.
My Decks
Thanx but what happens if my opponent cast a Pithing Needle to counter mine?

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:

56965528 wrote:

Current deck goals:

Ok sorry that was a dumb question.
Had a game with friends and unfortunately they added a couple of Smelts so I think I'll stick with Bramblecrush.

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:

56965528 wrote:

Current deck goals:

Ok this is what I have come up with!

RG Werewolf Deck

Full Moon Mayhem

Main Deck
61 cards

9  Forest
1  Kessig Wolf Run
10  Mountain
22 lands

3  Instigator Gang
Wildblood Pack
4  Pyreheart Wolf
4 Immerwolf
4  Mayor of Avabruck
Howlpack Alpha
4  Reckless Waif
Merciless Predator
4 Wolfbitten Captive
Krallenhorde Killer
23 creatures

4  Brimstone Volley
4  Full Moon's Rise
4  Moonmist
4 Searing Spear
16 other spells

Sideboard
2 Blasphemous Act
2 Bramblecrush
4 Giant Growth
3 Mondronen Shaman
Tovolar's Magehunter
2 Street Spasm
2 Volcanic Geyser

15 Sideboard Cards

So any comments?

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:

56965528 wrote:

Current deck goals:

Thanx for the idea I searched on Gatherer that another card can also destroy planeswalkers. The card is Bramblecrush. It's kinda expensive but can do the same job. So should I add in Bramblecrush or Pithing Needle as Pithing Needle could be destroyed easily by an Ancient Grudge or a Torch Feind.

you can link cards by typing (c)Card Name Here(/c) just replace the ( ) with [ ], pretty simple.
Thanx for the idea I searched on Gatherer that another card can also destroy planeswalkers. The card is Bramblecrush. It's kinda expensive but can do the same job. So should I add in Bramblecrush or Pithing Needle as Pithing Needle could be destroyed easily by an Ancient Grudge or a Torch Feind.

you can link cards by typing (c)Card Name Here(/c) just replace the ( ) with [ ], pretty simple.

Like this? Ancient Gruge

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:

56965528 wrote:

Current deck goals:

Oh wait it should be like this Ancient Grudge Tongue Out

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:

56965528 wrote:

Current deck goals:

How old are you?

I ask because you're seemingly incapable of counting to 60. 
I hate dogs.
How old are you?

I ask because you're seemingly incapable of counting to 60. 

But I cant find any card to take out. Sorry if that upsets u

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:

56965528 wrote:

Current deck goals:

The fact is that when you are above 60 cards there is always something to take out.

Even if you have a deck composed of 64 AMAZING cards, 4 of those cards are going to be the worst of the bunch, be it in power level, necessary quantity, or functionality.

Playing 60 on the nose is something that should be practiced religiously. It is one statistical advantage that everyone can take, and not employing it would be like running a marathon in cleats. It seems silly that 1 additional card can affect your game that much, but in a game of variance, mastering that variance is a potent skill to have.

This is also linked to why you see decks with non-4 quantities of cards. That isn't an arbitrary decision, but because the quantity of cards gives you odds of drawing it near to the odds that you will need it.

In your case, You could easily do without a brimstone volley or a reckless waif (brimstone is situationally good, and reckless waif is the least impactful 1-drop you have if you happen to top-deck it later in the game).

I think a Pyreheart Wolf can be cut without effecting anything too much.
My Decks
Ok I think I'll take Anubuss idea.
I'll keep in mind of keeping to 60 cards the next time I build a deck!

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:

56965528 wrote:

Current deck goals:

Sign In to post comments