Companion Creature that can be reflavored as a "henchman"

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ok I had a character concept and as I was thinking this character needs a henchman, but the campaign doesn't use henchman (and I am not familiar with the rules anyway)

What I need: Some theme, power multiclass ability that allows me to have a companion who I can reflavor as an intelegent henchman. What I have looked at so far.

Sidhe Lord;
The Sidhe house guard is a fey humanoid, which looks real promising, but it only gets surge value hit points, making it real squishy.

Fey Beast Tamer:
It says the companion is not intelegent, but it does have more hit point and could so more. Maybe some how I could make it work. . not sure.

Multiclass shaman:
Spirit companion is the most durable of sorts, but it is a conjuration. Don't know how to try to do the roll play on that.

Is there any others that I have not thought of? I am ok with the roll playing being some form of "talking with myself" if I had like ghost sounds or something. I would just like some option to have the companion.

Thanks for any help.

Dan
You know you could always refluff the fey beast as an intellegent creature, hell you could also go with a beast master ranger and say that your "ape" companion is actually a goblin or halfling and just ask the DM if you can get a better intellegence for him or her....
You might take arcane familiar feat, and reskin a book imp. Familiars are mechanically underpowered, but try asking your DM to throw you a bone, and give you a familiar power for free. Only problem is book imps have a range limit before they teleport back to you.
Personally I don't see why you wouldn't be able to use the Hireling/Henchmen stuff if you're just refluffing something else into one?

It just doesn't make sense to try and build something subpar into something that already exists...

I'd ask your DM to allow it, as the rules are very simple.
RIP George! 4-21-11 RIP Abie! 1-2-13
Funny Forum Quotes
[quote author=82733368 post=532127449]
58115148 wrote:
"You notice a large piece of mold clinging to your toothbrush. What do you do?" "I cast Fireball." "I run like hell!
63797881 wrote:
The standard d4 is somewhat (SOMEWHAT) rounded on the top, the older models are even flat. The Lego is shaped in such a way that in an emergency, you can use one as a makeshift surgical knife.
147742801 wrote:
57457938 wrote:
My wife asked me if her pants made her look fat. What do you think I said?
Wife: Do these pants make me look fat? RedSiegfried: I just killed a bunch of orc women and children.
63797881 wrote:
82733368 wrote:
28.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character (Monk or otherwise) does not require my character to be completely shitfaced, no matter what the name (and fun interpretation) implies.
29.) Making a "Drunken Master" style character does not require ME to be completely tanked, no matter how "in-character" I want to be..
Sign In to post comments