monogreen oath

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
just off the top of my head, no sideboard or testing atm.  inspired by bankai mastery, no less.  who woulda thunk?

beets ~8

4x terastodon
4x hunted troll

oath ~14

4x oath of druids
4x forbidden orchard
4x crop rotation
2x gaea's blessing

disruption ~10

4x beast within
4x ray of revelation
2x ancient grudge

draw ~6

2x life from the loam
4x scroll rack

land and mana ~22

1x black lotus
4x chrome mox
4x fetches
6x forest
1x mox emerald
1x strip mine
1x tranquil thicket
4x wasteland

www.nogoblinsallowed.com

A creative hub for art and all things Magical, Dungeony, and Dragony!

Feel free to copy this into your sig, adding one to the generation number.

Generation=0

What's the point of hunted troll besides giving your opponent a ton of chump blocking?

4x Revalation and 2x Grudge should be swapped.

Budget is fine, mono green is fine, but why not just run a normal selection of beats? Terastodon probably could work, but at least have some guy with trample to go with it.

Casual Play Archetypes | The Casual Play FAQ: A Guide to the Game of Magic | The Return of Group-Make-A-Deck!

Contributions are welcomed!

nogoblinsallowed.com

Join us!  

Terastrodon was actually a card I considered (which Leige of the Tangle won over). The reason was, although it combos with Oath just the same as Hunted Troll, it can't regenerate and it's all drawback when hit with removal. Whereas Leige can be counter-active against removal, turning all your lands into 8/8, so if you lose Liege, it's to no avail.

There is a bunch of stuff in your deck that you shouldn't even need to use. I generally get everything I need in my opening hand. However, it looks like your deck is built purposly to beat mine. You won't find "Ray of Revelation" to be a common card in many decks. 

And Elixir of Immortality is in mine for the same purpose as Gaea's Blessing. I choose it because life is a better benefit than draw a card. If you need it, you've already got everything you need out (just Oath of Druids). So drawing a card doesn't matter because you just need to wait for Oath to summon another Titan. Meanwhile, five life gives you some room to breath (and it can be used all of its own just for a nice life boost).

IMAGE(http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/1/1c/Spr_4p_389.png)

revelation/grudge was a typo, yeah; they should be reversed.

terastodon is about a million times better than leige of the tangle.  it isnt even a discussion, and you arent up for being convinced anyway since you hate running any kind of removal ever.

"there is a bunch of stuff in your deck that you shouldnt even need to use"?  "i generally get everything i need in my opening hand"?  words fail me.  ok, coach.  this deck isnt built to beat yours at all; it is inspired by yours and is way better than yours, if thats what you mean.  and yes ray of revelation shows up in some oath lists.  its techy against other oath, necro/bargain and other good stuff, and you can kill your own oath if you ever need to.

elixir is a subpar card.  a card is always better than life, especially in a dedck with no draw power whatsoever, but it isnt there to draw, its there to stop you from getting decked.  lifegain is terrible in vintage, and dedicated lifegain without any outlet such as necro is just inexcusably bad.

www.nogoblinsallowed.com

Generation=0

I can't tell if GM_Champion loves or hates miss_bun.

I'm starting a betting pool. 
I hate dogs.
It's not something worth getting into discussion about.

Anyways, my Oath deck beat hers 3-0.   

We never played.  I'm open to a game any time.  Either I play any deck that I've designed or any tier deck that you refer to as "cheap" versus any deck you want to bring to the table.  We can play for as many matches as you want, and I'll play until you realize that you aren't going to win a match.  I'll even share my decklist beforehand if you don't care to choose it for me, and you can keep yours secret until after the match.  Or I can give you a decklist and you can use whatever resources you like to design a deck specifically to counter mine, even if your deck wouldn't survive in any reasonable metagame.  And you can switch which deck you play every match, if you want.  We can also post the games or keep them secret, if you like: if I win, we don't have to ever tell anyone, if you prefer.  I won't say a word.

But don't you dare tell anyone you've ever beaten me at a single game until you actually have, much with that hideous thing you call an oath deck.

www.nogoblinsallowed.com

Generation=0

Forget it. Go play against them for yourself.

P.S.  

When you use a "forbidden program" to connect to an opponent, your true IP address is revealed to them. From there, they can launch an intrusion attack right away if your computer security isn't configured properly. I'd bet your computer has a few unwanted visitors right now.

Not only this, but hackers can use a "Hex-editor" program to manipulate the game's results. They can manipulate your draws and their draws by tapping into the program and changing the referenced memory. This is generally called "hacking on the fly", and it's another reason why there is no point in using those programs to play Magic because the games may be crooked.

Whoever uses my decks, just tell them splash Avoid Fate, Simic Sky Swallower or Gaea's Revenge or Wurmcoil Engine against your specific deck. 

Then try my others,

New Wave Angels

Machine Shop β

New Wave Piper    

New Wave Rack   

New Wave Knights

New Wave Heartbreaker

New Wave Nightmare  

New Wave Trefolk

Holy War I

Holy War II      

Forget it. Go play against them for yourself.

if you dont wanna back up your smack talk and actually play me, thats fine, but dont claim that you beat me and then didnt.

P.S.
When you use a "forbidden program" to connect to an opponent, your true IP address is revealed to them. From there, they can launch an intrusion attack right away if your computer security isn't configured properly. I'd bet your computer has a few unwanted visitors right now.

you sound like my grandma.  i would love for you to enlighten the community with your deep knowledge of computer security, but the above paragraph serves to make you look sillier than anything i could ever say, as usual.

Not only this, but hackers can use a "Hex-editor" program to manipulate the game's results. They can manipulate your draws and their draws by tapping into the program and changing the referenced memory. This is generally called "hacking on the fly", and it's another reason why there is no point in using those programs to play Magic because the games may be crooked.

hackers!  oh noes!   tell me more about this "Hex-editor" of which you speak?  does it work on creatures with hexproof?

Whoever uses my decks, just tell them splash Avoid Fate, Simic Sky Swallower or Gaea's Revenge or Wurmcoil Engine against your specific deck.

no one uses your decks.  you don't "splash" simic sky swallower.

Then try my others,

New Wave Angels

Machine Shop β

New Wave Piper    

New Wave Rack   

New Wave Knights

New Wave Heartbreaker

New Wave Nightmare  

New Wave Trefolk

Holy War I

Holy War II     

i would really love to dissect the terribleness of all of these, but since you refuse to play a game, thats impossible.

how about this?  lets play using the official magic online software.  this obviously will limit our cardpool to something that isnt really vintage, but we can use the vintage b&r list with that cardpool, or play any other format.  same rules:

1) ill play with a deck of my own design, or your choice of any tier 1 deck that you think is "cheap" and thus somehow not as good as your "original" decks.

2) after either you give me my decklist or I create a deck and share the list with you, ill give you some reasonable amount of time to create a deck to counter it, either one of your existing decks that you think will work well against mine, or one that you have built specifically to beat me.

3) we will play any number of matches until you realize that you will never, ever win and give up.

its getting to the point where im tempted to fly you to austin so we can play in person just to shut you up, but i suspect you would be about ten times creepier and 100 times more dangerous in person.

www.nogoblinsallowed.com

Generation=0

I don't care anymore Sarah, just forget it.

you say you dont care, but you keep derailing every single thread you post in with a bunch of random ass decklists and talking about how great you are.

www.nogoblinsallowed.com

Generation=0

Miss_bun, there's no shame in admitting you lost 3-0, just build a better deck next time.
I hate dogs.
26 mana sources seems like a lot, and 4 of each dude looks similarly excessive (especially since it limits the number of cards you can expect to mill) but otherwise i dig it. life from the loam is kool

have you considered replacing Gaea's Blessing with memory's journey or krosan reclamation? i haven't tested the deck, so I'm not sure to what extent you're reliant on getting value out of stuff like Ancient Grudge and LFTL, but it seems a bit lame to be occasionally forced to shuffle them all back in

also, maybe a single taiga? the deck's already pretty resistant to wasteland, so it's not a huge problem in that regard, and this gives you another way to use flashbackable cards in your hand (assuming Scroll Rack is in there for the same purpose).
192884403 wrote:
firstrike
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
56965458 wrote:
97820278 wrote:
Ceci n'est pas une pipe.
This definitely doesn't mean what you think it means.
I was referring to the painting The Treachery of Images.
I know.
i fiddled with krosan reclamation in oath for a while a long time ago, but it really works best in versions with other ways to fill the graveyard.  i ran a weird version with a gifts package that used it pretty well.  ive never been the best oath player though, its not my baby.  this deck would definitely need some tweaking after playtesting though.

www.nogoblinsallowed.com

Generation=0