What are you up to?

107 posts / 0 new
Last post
I am "donating" plasma. Anyone up to anything more interesting?
Bored out of your mind and looking for some entertainment? I've got you covered: http://ferrisbuellersnewkidney.blogspot.com/ http://www.youtube.com/user/NintenDani7184

Yes.
I am playing with brightly colored bits of string.
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse."- John Stuart Mill “Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”― William F. Buckley "The straw in your man is amazing."- Maxperson Original Hipster of the House of Trolls: I was hipster before hipster was cool Resident Hater Mini Hate Machine
There is a new French comedie out and it looks awesome. It's about some bourgois parents who want to name their kid Adolph.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse."- John Stuart Mill “Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.”― William F. Buckley "The straw in your man is amazing."- Maxperson Original Hipster of the House of Trolls: I was hipster before hipster was cool Resident Hater Mini Hate Machine
Needles. Are. Bad. My blood is staying where it is, or leaving my body through routine injuries.
However, I can't do anything more interesting until I restock on various pieces of equipment next week.
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne! Resident Invisible Man Lurker in the House of Trolls A Testament to My Glory

Today I got to torture graduate and undergraduate students by having them participate in a pilot study. Also, I avoided the vampire bus. It's that time of year when they show up and ask for blood. Fortunately I always have a tatto which has been added within the previous three days of being asked to donate.
Nut Eating Resident Sociopathic Eye Forker 2346-strong Squirrel leigon of DOOM Squirrel Overlord of the House of Trolls Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy. ~Ernest Benn The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it. ~P.J. O'Rourke "I actually held public office and I left the only way a politician should, in handcuffs." ~ Chael Sonnen It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it! ~ Upton Sinclair Kicked Adam and Eve out of Missouri. Wears flip-flops in church buildings. Official troller of Kolob.
This is not a trapp
My temple name is Elohim. What is your super-secret temple name?
Riddle me this
How can two people with physical bodies make spirit babies?
*Two points about this gag. Firstly, every writer of anything makes typos and I’m no different. It’s “there but for the grace of God go I” rather than schadenfreude here. The second is something called Muphry’s Law (no, it is Muphry’s, not Murphy’s) which states that any piece correcting or laughing at a typo, spelling or grammatical mistake will contain at least one worse than the original being complained of.

Nope, only reading a paper about a three-parameter magnitude phase function for asteroids in order to prep for my senior project work. Its important to know if asteroids are gonna hit the earth. Someone has to save lives without looking like a glorified hero.

Resident Grouch and Corrupting Influence A Monster Appears I'm Black and Blue how 'bout you?

Nope, only reading a paper about a three-parameter magnitude phase function for asteroids in order to prep for my senior project work. Its important to know if asteroids are gonna hit the earth. Someone has to save lives without looking like a glorified hero.

I got this.

Nut Eating Resident Sociopathic Eye Forker 2346-strong Squirrel leigon of DOOM Squirrel Overlord of the House of Trolls Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ~Plato Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy. ~Ernest Benn The Democrats are the party that says government will make you smarter, taller, richer, and remove the crabgrass on your lawn. The Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work and then they get elected and prove it. ~P.J. O'Rourke "I actually held public office and I left the only way a politician should, in handcuffs." ~ Chael Sonnen It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it! ~ Upton Sinclair Kicked Adam and Eve out of Missouri. Wears flip-flops in church buildings. Official troller of Kolob.
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
*Two points about this gag. Firstly, every writer of anything makes typos and I’m no different. It’s “there but for the grace of God go I” rather than schadenfreude here. The second is something called Muphry’s Law (no, it is Muphry’s, not Murphy’s) which states that any piece correcting or laughing at a typo, spelling or grammatical mistake will contain at least one worse than the original being complained of.
Fortunately I always have a tatto which has been added within the previous three days of being asked to donate.

Actually, depending on what state you live in, you don't need to wait after getting a tattoo - if you got your tat in states that have official licensing procedures and require tattoo shops to be licensed you don't need to wait...

And...

My blood type and one drop for each gallon donated.

Show

I am the Magic Man.

(Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.)

I am the Lawnmower Man.

(I AM GOD HERE!)

I am the Skull God.

(Koo Koo Ka Choo)

There are reasons they call me Mad...

Donating!? You know theres places that will pay you for that stuff?
I survived Section 4 and all I got was this lousy sig Off-topic and going downhill from there
I just got out of the shower.
I think my roommate left for the weekend.
Motto - Don't Damn Me, Guns N' Roses http://adhadh.deviantart.com/ - my dA page adhadh.png
Fortunately I always have a tatto which has been added within the previous three days of being asked to donate.

Actually, depending on what state you live in, you don't need to wait after getting a tattoo - if you got your tat in states that have official licensing procedures and require tattoo shops to be licensed you don't need to wait...

And...

My blood type and one drop for each gallon donated.

Fortunately I live in Florida where you are required to wait.

This is not a trapp
Riddle me this

Well, good for you, then, mr. homicidal_chicken...

Show

I am the Magic Man.

(Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.)

I am the Lawnmower Man.

(I AM GOD HERE!)

I am the Skull God.

(Koo Koo Ka Choo)

There are reasons they call me Mad...

I refuse to give my blood for free and then have them charge some other person for my blood.

This is not a trapp
Riddle me this

How exactly are you going to do that? If a meteor is going to hit the earth we are just screwed...Smile
"Unite the [fan] base? Hardly. As of right now, I doubt their ability to unite a slightly unruly teabag with a cup of water."--anjelika
1-4E play style
The 4E play style is a high action cinematic style of play where characters worry less about being killed in one hit and more about strategy and what their next move is and the one after it. The players talk back and forth about planning a battle and who can do what to influence the outcome. 4E play is filled with cinematic over the top action. An Eladrin teleports out of the grip of the Ogre. The Fighter slams the dragons foot with his hammer causing it to rear up and stagger back in pain. The Cleric creates a holy zone where their allies weapons are guided to their targets and whenever an enemy dies the Clerics allies are healed. 4E is about knowing when to lauch your nova attack, whether its a huge arcane spell that causes enemies to whirl around in a chaotic storm, or if its a trained adrenaline surge that causes you to attack many many times with two weapons on a single target, or a surge of adrenaline that keeps you going though you should already be dead. Its about tactics and the inability to carry around a bag of potions or a few wands and never have to worry about healing. Its about the guy that can barely role play having the same chance to convince the king to aid the group as the guy that takes improv acting classes and regularly stars as an extra on movies.
Stormwind Fallacy
The Stormwind Fallacy, aka the Roleplayer vs Rollplayer Fallacy Just because one optimizes his characters mechanically does not mean that they cannot also roleplay, and vice versa. Corollary: Doing one in a game does not preclude, nor infringe upon, the ability to do the other in the same game. Generalization 1: One is not automatically a worse role player if he optimizes, and vice versa. Generalization 2: A non-optimized character is not automatically role played better than an optimized one, and vice versa. ...[aside]... Proof: These two elements rely on different aspects of a player's game play. Optimization factors in to how well one understands the rules and handles synergies to produce a very effective end result. Role playing deals with how well a player can act in character and behave as if he was someone else. A person can act while understanding the rules, and can build something powerful while still handling an effective character. There is nothing in the game -- mechanical or otherwise -- restricting one if you participate in the other. Claiming that an optimizer cannot role play (or is participating in a play style that isn't supportive of role playing) because he is an optimizer, or vice versa, is committing the Stormwind Fallacy.
The spells we should getLook here to Check out my adventures and ideas. I've started a blog, about video games, table top role playing games, programming, and many other things its called Kel and Lok Games. My 4E Fantasy Grounds game is currently full.

I refuse to give my blood for free and then have them charge some other person for my blood.

Me too, but I don't make excuses. I tell them flat out...Smile
"Unite the [fan] base? Hardly. As of right now, I doubt their ability to unite a slightly unruly teabag with a cup of water."--anjelika
1-4E play style
The 4E play style is a high action cinematic style of play where characters worry less about being killed in one hit and more about strategy and what their next move is and the one after it. The players talk back and forth about planning a battle and who can do what to influence the outcome. 4E play is filled with cinematic over the top action. An Eladrin teleports out of the grip of the Ogre. The Fighter slams the dragons foot with his hammer causing it to rear up and stagger back in pain. The Cleric creates a holy zone where their allies weapons are guided to their targets and whenever an enemy dies the Clerics allies are healed. 4E is about knowing when to lauch your nova attack, whether its a huge arcane spell that causes enemies to whirl around in a chaotic storm, or if its a trained adrenaline surge that causes you to attack many many times with two weapons on a single target, or a surge of adrenaline that keeps you going though you should already be dead. Its about tactics and the inability to carry around a bag of potions or a few wands and never have to worry about healing. Its about the guy that can barely role play having the same chance to convince the king to aid the group as the guy that takes improv acting classes and regularly stars as an extra on movies.
Stormwind Fallacy
The Stormwind Fallacy, aka the Roleplayer vs Rollplayer Fallacy Just because one optimizes his characters mechanically does not mean that they cannot also roleplay, and vice versa. Corollary: Doing one in a game does not preclude, nor infringe upon, the ability to do the other in the same game. Generalization 1: One is not automatically a worse role player if he optimizes, and vice versa. Generalization 2: A non-optimized character is not automatically role played better than an optimized one, and vice versa. ...[aside]... Proof: These two elements rely on different aspects of a player's game play. Optimization factors in to how well one understands the rules and handles synergies to produce a very effective end result. Role playing deals with how well a player can act in character and behave as if he was someone else. A person can act while understanding the rules, and can build something powerful while still handling an effective character. There is nothing in the game -- mechanical or otherwise -- restricting one if you participate in the other. Claiming that an optimizer cannot role play (or is participating in a play style that isn't supportive of role playing) because he is an optimizer, or vice versa, is committing the Stormwind Fallacy.
The spells we should getLook here to Check out my adventures and ideas. I've started a blog, about video games, table top role playing games, programming, and many other things its called Kel and Lok Games. My 4E Fantasy Grounds game is currently full.
It's interesting that you can get money for your plasma, but not your whole blood, go figure. I do know a couple guys that will pay you top dollar for your kidney, hey, you only need one.
I survived Section 4 and all I got was this lousy sig Off-topic and going downhill from there
It's interesting that you can get money for your plasma, but not your whole blood, go figure. I do know a couple guys that will pay you top dollar for your kidney, hey, you only need one.

How much?
1-4E play style
Stormwind Fallacy
50 bucks per kindney. They dont have to be yours.

Sorry, I'm looking for a 3-4 digit number there...Smile
1-4E play style
Stormwind Fallacy

How does 50.00 sound?

This is not a trapp
Riddle me this

How does 50.00 sound?

Look, if I'm going to sell my body for money I want a decent price. $1000.00 would be the bare minimum...Smile

Or course with recent advancements in medicine the black market for organs will cease to exist...Smile
1-4E play style
Stormwind Fallacy

How does 50.00 sound?

Look, if I'm going to sell my body for money I want a decent price. $1000.00 would be the bare minimum...Smile

Or course with recent advancements in medicine the black market for organs will cease to exist...Smile

That's a very cheap price. It explains a lot about you.
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this

Donating!? You know theres places that will pay you for that stuff?

Why do you think "donating" was in quotations? :p
Bored out of your mind and looking for some entertainment? I've got you covered: http://ferrisbuellersnewkidney.blogspot.com/ http://www.youtube.com/user/NintenDani7184
Do they let you "donate" other people's blood?
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne! Resident Invisible Man Lurker in the House of Trolls A Testament to My Glory

How exactly are you going to do that? If a meteor is going to hit the earth we are just screwed...

Cuz if you can figure out an asteroid's trajectory for the next 1, 5, 10, 20 years then you can figure out if it has a chance to hit earth or not. If it is likely that it will or might hit earth we can starting working with our early warning to take measures to change its trajectory (fully within our current technological capabilities) so that it will miss us thus saving lives and junks.

Resident Grouch and Corrupting Influence A Monster Appears I'm Black and Blue how 'bout you?

I think its funny that offering money for kidneys is ok, but suggesting someone has Aquaman powers  is appreantly a nono. This CoC thing is so hard to figure out sometimes.
Aquaman is srs bsns. For reals, bro.
Benevolent God of Death "No one told you when to run."
Aquaman is srs bsns. For reals, bro.

Motto - Don't Damn Me, Guns N' Roses http://adhadh.deviantart.com/ - my dA page adhadh.png
I <3 that portrayal of him.
Anyone claiming that Aquaman sucks should stop watching Robot Chicken and Big Bang Theory or other shows stuck with the 70s superheroes and treat themselves to "Aquaman's Outrageous Adventure" instead.
True dat. I also enjoyed his portrayal in the Justice League series. Total badass.
Vilain: Oh noes! It's Aquaman, we're doomed, he has the power to swim!

You sir are one of those people I've mentioned earlier. Go watch BatB now!

How exactly are you going to do that? If a meteor is going to hit the earth we are just screwed...

Cuz if you can figure out an asteroid's trajectory for the next 1, 5, 10, 20 years then you can figure out if it has a chance to hit earth or not. If it is likely that it will or might hit earth we can starting working with our early warning to take measures to change its trajectory (fully within our current technological capabilities) so that it will miss us thus saving lives and junks.

It depends on the size of the meteor and how much money we have to throw at it. Any meteor large enough to make it through the atmosphere and create a big enough impact to destroy a city, we have no chance against...Smile
1-4E play style
Stormwind Fallacy
It depends on the size of the meteor and how much money we have to throw at it. Any meteor large enough to make it through the atmosphere and create a big enough impact to destroy a city, we have no chance against...

The Russians never detonated a full scale version of the Tsar Bomba (it was tested at half of its projected yield) because there was concern that it might affect the trajectory of the Earth (and also would have created a lot of fallout and not to mention destroying the aircraft that dropped it). I'm pretty sure another device (or we could build an even bigger one, it's not like we'd have the same constraints as we do for nuclear strikes) like that could do something to affect an asteroid/meteor.
Owner and Proprietor of the House of Trolls. God of ownership and possession.
It depends on the size of the meteor and how much money we have to throw at it. Any meteor large enough to make it through the atmosphere and create a big enough impact to destroy a city, we have no chance against...

The Russians never detonated a full scale version of the Tsar Bomba (it was tested at half of its projected yield) because there was concern that it might affect the trajectory of the Earth (and also would have created a lot of fallout and not to mention destroying the aircraft that dropped it). I'm pretty sure another device (or we could build an even bigger one, it's not like we'd have the same constraints as we do for nuclear strikes) like that could do something to affect an asteroid/meteor.

We could not affect the trajectory of the earth with anything like that. We are talking about ants trying to move cars here. Even a bunch of nukes going off one after the other wouldn't be enough to change the trajectory of a large sized meteor unless it were 20+ years away. You have to remember these things flying through space are moving at super high speed, its not like in the movies where they are moving at 10mph to hit their targets...Smile
1-4E play style
Stormwind Fallacy
Hmm, it appears we have us a knowledge battle.  On one side, we have the guy that's about to become an actual physicist - he studies space an' junk.  He, like, knows a lot about it cuz it's what he's decided to devote an inordinant amount of his life to learning.  On the other side, we have a conspiracy theorist who's afraid to pay cash for coffee and who gets most of his info not from a university (the Man), but from Alex Jones and Art Bell.  Who, oh who should we trust? 

Resident Prophet of the OTTer.

Section Six Soldier

Front Door of the House of Trolls

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

Hmm, it appears we have us a knowledge battle.  On one side, we have the guy that's about to become an actual physicist - he studies space an' junk.  He, like, knows a lot about it cuz it's what he's decided to devote an inordinant amount of his life to learning.  On the other side, we have a conspiracy theorist who's afraid to pay cash for coffee and who gets most of his info not from a university (the Man), but from Alex Jones and Art Bell.  Who, oh who should we trust? 

I don't know. They both seem to be equally qualified.
This is not a trapp
Riddle me this
Of course, that's our dilemma.  I just don't know where to turn.  If only Alex Jones would pop into the discussion and tell me what to maybe think.

Section Six Soldier

[b]If you're terribly afraid of your character dying, it may be best if you roleplayed something other than an adventurer.[/b]

The only money that would need to be tossed at it would be putting a probe/satellite into space. With enough warning time we can get it to the asteroid in question and just have it lead or tail behind the asteroid and slowly speed or slow it down with gravity. With a continual gravitational tug for a year or more even an extinction sized asteroid can be caused to miss earth. Which is why this program thing im participating in is to better track Near Earth Objects we already know about. Basically Asteroids that do cross the path of earth's orbit. The more warning time we have the more time we have to do something about it. This is even more so important since the US basically no longer has a space program and would have to depend on other nations (china and russia) in order to save the earth (will take longer to organize to get junk in space).

And you are.  Now, who do you choose?

Section Six Soldier

No ... but you do.  Hmm ... this is getting interesting.

EDIT: And - for the record - I didn't ridicule anyone.  I simply presented things as they are.  Most would agree that Loki presents himself as a conspiracy theorist, he himself said he won't pay cash for coffee and that he gets a lot of his info from places like Infowars - Alex Jones' website.  That's not ridicule, it's da truf!

Section Six Soldier