DC: Pulmonic Sliver

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Todays random card is...

Pulmonic Sliver

This sliver is kind of nice.  I mean we have Winged Sliver to grant flying and that's much cheaper but the ability this has to plant the sliver on top of your library when it dies is nice.  Does this work with a wrath effect?  I would assume so.

Discuss! 
It can make the set up kind of tricky.  I mean, you now know exactly what your next N draws will be, and so does your oppoenent.  Silvers are very weak when you get them down to only a few creatures, so you need to be able to draw a lot of them off the top in a few turns or risk getting out paced by the other deck because all their draws are "fresh".

If you have a way to get free cards (like with Dormant Sliver) than you can rebound quickly, but then you need a sac outlet to let your guys attack (unless attacking isn't your thing).  I'd rather use Frenetic Sliver to try to dodge boardwipes.  Just resolve Frenetic's ability last and how ever many flips you win is however many Slivers get to stay in play.  Non extra mana investment, no depriving yourself of fresh cards.
My Decks
Standard: BR Aggro Burn RDW Modern: Dragon Stompy Burn Fae Tempo Zoo Cherrios Legacy: Zoo Dragon Stompy Pauper: Slivers Landfall EDH: Sliver Overlord
1000th post on 2-1-10. 5000th post on 1-21-13.

The Helium Squirter to Spinneret Sliver's Aquastrand Spider. In short, it fixes a problem that only n00bs play monogreen when you're already in blue.

Can work with a Wrath effect, but you have to know what you're doing. Wrath followed by Primal Surge.

139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt

The Helium Squirter to Spinneret Sliver's Aquastrand Spider. In short, it fixes a problem that only n00bs play monogreen when you're already in blue.

Can work with a Wrath effect, but you have to know what you're doing. Wrath followed by Primal Surge.

Uh, this card is white.....

Anyway, when I was a newer player I used to think this was one of the most op Slivers ever, obviously not really the case.
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/blitzschnell/c1b8574f03c7cff35d72311f1208599a.jpg?v=90000)
Not a fan of this sliver, I prefer the Gemhide Sliver Heart Sliver type of slivers. I do like the Dormant Sliver though, that with Acidic Sliver you don't need to attack. 

(I said sliver 4 times in the first sentence lol) 

True, but sliver decks tend to be five color.

139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.

True, but sliver decks tend to be five color.

Actually, I've rarely built a 5 color Sliver deck.  For Aggro, you really only need 3 color (RGW) and Control doesn't need much outside of 2 color (WU) with maybe a splash of R or B for spot removal.

The only 5 color Sliver deck I've ever had and been proud of is my Sliver Overlord EDH deck.  But that's only 5 color because of how much I'm limited in how many slivers I can play.
My Decks
Standard: BR Aggro Burn RDW Modern: Dragon Stompy Burn Fae Tempo Zoo Cherrios Legacy: Zoo Dragon Stompy Pauper: Slivers Landfall EDH: Sliver Overlord
1000th post on 2-1-10. 5000th post on 1-21-13.
I built a Legacy slivers deck that was mostly Bant but splashed for one red and one black sliver (Two-Headed and Necrotic).  And technically Homing Sliver but I never cast that one. 

I always kind of wanted to fit this one in there but the 5 mana doesn't really work out.
Either way, you're probably playing and usually .
139359831 wrote:
Sign In to post comments