Huntmaster vs centaur healer

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
So i have looked up multiple reanimator decks and almost all of the play centaur healer over huntmasterin decks that play red. Is centaur better? Or is the 2/2 aggro creatures better to handle with centaur? Or the 4 cost may compete with unburial on the grave? So far, when i have my huntmaster in hand i never Wish it were a centaur healer instead. 

Just curious 
Centaur Healer is a bigger creature, and gains you more life. Aditionally, its also about curving and how to best use your mana.

The 1 power and toughness is the difference between being able to profitably block a Gravecrawler or Rakdos Cacklerer or Snapcaster Mage.

It only really shines against Zombie decks and mono-red. 

If Huntsmaster works for you, keep it in.

Also, a lot of Reanimator decks are moving away from red and going for blue. Something you might wanna look into. 

(at)MrEnglish22

the move to blue would of course indicate going with healers.

coming down turn 3 instead of 4 is a big deal when up against something like mono red. 

Blue is the best color ever. How do you deal?  ------------------------------  Team GFG - "gulf, foxtrot, gulf" 

I produce Dubstep and House beats:

https://soundcloud.com/burning_forest

Best Pauper Deck in the format, not close:

http://community.wizards.com/content/forum-topic/2974646#comment-49713276

Photobucket

Centaur Healer is a bigger creature, and gains you more life. Aditionally, its also about curving and how to best use your mana.

The 1 power and toughness is the difference between being able to profitably block a Gravecrawler or Rakdos Cacklerer or Snapcaster Mage.

It only really shines against Zombie decks and mono-red. 

If Huntsmaster works for you, keep it in.

Also, a lot of Reanimator decks are moving away from red and going for blue. Something you might wanna look into. 

I've seen the cards that people are putting in to replace the red cards. Faithless looting -> Forbidden Alchemy and Tracker's Instincts for the flashback (which I do like).

The decks are less reanimator and more mid-range that can reanimate, probably due to all the graveyard hate. But I can't do without Dreadbore and I really like Huntmaster.

the move to blue would of course indicate going with healers.

coming down turn 3 instead of 4 is a big deal when up against something like mono red. 

Well when I did play with centaur, I opted to go with doing a turn 3 faithless looting -> mulch/grisly salvage because the thread isn't as dominant yet. That gets more cards in the GY and go 6 cards deeper on turn 3. Then turn 4 I huntmaster or unburial. Which makes me wonder if that style of play is too greedy. I haven't had much trouble with aggro decks pre-side board but afterwards with creatures like deathrite shaman and rest in peace, it gets much much harder.

I'm going to post my deck in standard help, hopefully someone actually comments...

Hopefully someone reads this and helps with my sideboard

community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

Exactly this. In my rug decks, huntmaster is a lot less impressive than centaur healer is in my Junk and Bant decks. Centaur healer is a boss vs RDW, survives pillar, eats ash zealot and all of their one drops, has great synergy with avacyn's pilgrim, and curves out perfectly with restoration angel or disciple of bolas.

In my Junk deck I MAINBOARD centaur healer because he is a great target for 3rd turn disciple of bolas to refill my hand and is actually a pretty good clock and threat vs the control matchups. Against RDW he basically shuts everything down and hurts a lot less taking 3 or 4 from him getting mark of mutiny or stolen by zealous conscript and is much easier to have restoration backup than it is for thragtusk. For resto+thragtusk you basically have to be inactive on turn 4, cast tusk on turn 5 and THEN try and flicker on turn 6, which makes a huge difference than turn 3, gain 3, turn 4 flicker gain another 3 and have another body to absorb some damage.

My junk list here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNm_WoXsKWI&feat...

www.roguedeckbuilder.com (coming soon) Facebook www.youtube.com/roguedeckbuilder
Sign In to post comments