New!

284 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hola huns!  I'm Lolita, and I'm new here.  I haven't played D&D since like middles school (a long time ago!), but I'm looking to get back started at it!  So, message me, post here, introduce yourself and I'll introduce back!  (I hope this is the right section of the forums for this...)
Thanks y'all! 
Hola huns!  I'm Lolita, and I'm new here.  I haven't played D&D since like middles school (a long time ago!), but I'm looking to get back started at it!  So, message me, post here, introduce yourself and I'll introduce back!  (I hope this is the right section of the forums for this...)
Thanks y'all! 

Its customary to include a picture...Smile
"Unite the [fan] base? Hardly. As of right now, I doubt their ability to unite a slightly unruly teabag with a cup of water."--anjelika
1-4E play style
The 4E play style is a high action cinematic style of play where characters worry less about being killed in one hit and more about strategy and what their next move is and the one after it. The players talk back and forth about planning a battle and who can do what to influence the outcome. 4E play is filled with cinematic over the top action. An Eladrin teleports out of the grip of the Ogre. The Fighter slams the dragons foot with his hammer causing it to rear up and stagger back in pain. The Cleric creates a holy zone where their allies weapons are guided to their targets and whenever an enemy dies the Clerics allies are healed. 4E is about knowing when to lauch your nova attack, whether its a huge arcane spell that causes enemies to whirl around in a chaotic storm, or if its a trained adrenaline surge that causes you to attack many many times with two weapons on a single target, or a surge of adrenaline that keeps you going though you should already be dead. Its about tactics and the inability to carry around a bag of potions or a few wands and never have to worry about healing. Its about the guy that can barely role play having the same chance to convince the king to aid the group as the guy that takes improv acting classes and regularly stars as an extra on movies.
Stormwind Fallacy
The Stormwind Fallacy, aka the Roleplayer vs Rollplayer Fallacy Just because one optimizes his characters mechanically does not mean that they cannot also roleplay, and vice versa. Corollary: Doing one in a game does not preclude, nor infringe upon, the ability to do the other in the same game. Generalization 1: One is not automatically a worse role player if he optimizes, and vice versa. Generalization 2: A non-optimized character is not automatically role played better than an optimized one, and vice versa. ...[aside]... Proof: These two elements rely on different aspects of a player's game play. Optimization factors in to how well one understands the rules and handles synergies to produce a very effective end result. Role playing deals with how well a player can act in character and behave as if he was someone else. A person can act while understanding the rules, and can build something powerful while still handling an effective character. There is nothing in the game -- mechanical or otherwise -- restricting one if you participate in the other. Claiming that an optimizer cannot role play (or is participating in a play style that isn't supportive of role playing) because he is an optimizer, or vice versa, is committing the Stormwind Fallacy.
The spells we should getLook here to Check out my adventures and ideas. I've started a blog, about video games, table top role playing games, programming, and many other things its called Kel and Lok Games. My 4E Fantasy Grounds game is currently full.
Haha, you show me yours I'll show you mine.  Tongue Out

... In the morning... It's almost 3AM, and I've not got make up on.  :/
Oh man, this thread, instant funny.
I'm 18 now, if you must know... so like 5 years ago? (still pretty young unfortunately... :/)

What's funny?  Me or the creeper(s) up there?  lol!

(I'm just kidding y'all :P)
Nope, we are creepers. Dont have to kid about it.

Resident Grouch and Corrupting Influence A Monster Appears I'm Black and Blue how 'bout you?

I was just saying its customary to show a picture when introducing yourself. Now I never said anything about lingerie or swimsuits, so it shouldn't fall into the creepy category. (Of course we won't complain if you only have pictures of lingerie or swimsuits)...Smile
"Unite the [fan] base? Hardly. As of right now, I doubt their ability to unite a slightly unruly teabag with a cup of water."--anjelika
1-4E play style
The 4E play style is a high action cinematic style of play where characters worry less about being killed in one hit and more about strategy and what their next move is and the one after it. The players talk back and forth about planning a battle and who can do what to influence the outcome. 4E play is filled with cinematic over the top action. An Eladrin teleports out of the grip of the Ogre. The Fighter slams the dragons foot with his hammer causing it to rear up and stagger back in pain. The Cleric creates a holy zone where their allies weapons are guided to their targets and whenever an enemy dies the Clerics allies are healed. 4E is about knowing when to lauch your nova attack, whether its a huge arcane spell that causes enemies to whirl around in a chaotic storm, or if its a trained adrenaline surge that causes you to attack many many times with two weapons on a single target, or a surge of adrenaline that keeps you going though you should already be dead. Its about tactics and the inability to carry around a bag of potions or a few wands and never have to worry about healing. Its about the guy that can barely role play having the same chance to convince the king to aid the group as the guy that takes improv acting classes and regularly stars as an extra on movies.
Stormwind Fallacy
The Stormwind Fallacy, aka the Roleplayer vs Rollplayer Fallacy Just because one optimizes his characters mechanically does not mean that they cannot also roleplay, and vice versa. Corollary: Doing one in a game does not preclude, nor infringe upon, the ability to do the other in the same game. Generalization 1: One is not automatically a worse role player if he optimizes, and vice versa. Generalization 2: A non-optimized character is not automatically role played better than an optimized one, and vice versa. ...[aside]... Proof: These two elements rely on different aspects of a player's game play. Optimization factors in to how well one understands the rules and handles synergies to produce a very effective end result. Role playing deals with how well a player can act in character and behave as if he was someone else. A person can act while understanding the rules, and can build something powerful while still handling an effective character. There is nothing in the game -- mechanical or otherwise -- restricting one if you participate in the other. Claiming that an optimizer cannot role play (or is participating in a play style that isn't supportive of role playing) because he is an optimizer, or vice versa, is committing the Stormwind Fallacy.
The spells we should getLook here to Check out my adventures and ideas. I've started a blog, about video games, table top role playing games, programming, and many other things its called Kel and Lok Games. My 4E Fantasy Grounds game is currently full.
At least you're honest about it!  Nice to meet you all by the way. 
I was just saying its customary to show a picture when introducing yourself. Now I never said anything about lingerie or swimsuits, so it shouldn't fall into the creepy category. (Of course we won't complain if you only have pictures of lingerie or swimsuits)...

I was more referring to the guy who was so curious about my age...  But like I said, as pictures go, show me yours I'll show you mine! 
show me yours I'll show you mine! 

I like where this is going...

Question: Do you like beards?

Regardless its probably time to take a new picture of myself anyways. Its blankin midnight though so not sure if i feel like takin one. Got no makeup on and stuff. well not that I would ever have make up on or anything but my beard probably looks all messy right now and everything. and my hair is probably messy cuz my headset been messin it up all day and junk. Yeah so not in best picture takin quality and junk. So maybe tomorrow. Unless i get drunk in a few minutes. Then we could see one before i pass out. yeah.

Resident Grouch and Corrupting Influence A Monster Appears I'm Black and Blue how 'bout you?

Haha, yes, I like beards, I think they're manly. 

And the time thing is the problem I'm having!  It's 3:20 AM, and I'm not wearing any make up...  No one should have to see that, it would crack the computer screen! :/
Time is possibly a problem. See i kinda sorta somewhat possibly promised a woman that I'd probably show up to campus tomorrow to possibly help her out with physics junk before her physics test and stuff, and well thought that if i were going to show up i might as well show up to class as well. Cuz like why go to school and not show up to class? So yeah its been a month or two and i thought i should go to class and stuff. maybe. Which means i should go to bed soon. probably. Ya know dont want to break a kinda sorta promise that was never really kinda made and junk, right?

Night night... and junk.  lol :P
Ok decided to take a picture and junk. I need to get a better web cam. My cheap old one aint that good. :/

Here's me... It's a few months old, but It's an ok picture... I may take a new one in the morning.
No its not an ok pick. I either have to CoC my head to the side, which is uncomfortable, or I have to assume you have mastered the art of walking on walls. Now I have to wait until the morning to find out which is the truth which will (but not at all) leave me in too much suspense. Wont be able to sleep.

Actually I got other reasons to not sleep. Room mate took my alcohol to our friend's house and junk, which has left me with only one choice. Drink the last of my remaining alcohol in disappointment. Ill be up for a while.

Well I'm terribly sorry for it being sideways... It's right side up on my computer but when I uploaded it it flipped... and I'm also sorry for your lack of alcohol... I'm on my last smirnoff beer myself... :/

And nice to meet you Marc.  Comment allez-vous? (Quebec is where they speak french, right?)
No, its where they have bad taste.

That's really mean!  They have that snow mardi-grass thing up there... That's something!
Unless you were calling me ugly in some round about sort of way... That would be VERY mean.  :/
It might seem "mean" but we OTTers like to have fun pulling each other's legs and whatnot. We are a close nit group of G's up in here brah.

EDIT: nope not calling you ugly. Cuz well dont think you are and im sure it would be a CoC violation and stuff.

Frank is refering to their taste for beverages such as PBR.
I hope this doesn't sound really dumb of me, but what's an OTTer?  and what's a CoC?  So sorry.  :/

OOOOOOH!  That makes sense! Thankies-spankies!

For a bad beer its sad that it aint the worst and i use beer loosly there. Like coors is way worse and i had to drink some the last few days cuz there wasn't really anything left in the house and we had left overs from my room mate making sake bombs and junk. didn't finish off the coors cuz he threw up after 13 bombs.

I hope this doesn't sound really dumb of me, but what's an OTTer?  and what's a CoC?  So sorry.  :/

OTTer stands for a member of the Off Topic Tavern. the place hwere you are posting. CoC is code of conduct and not a male chicken.

It doesn't make you look bad... and it's sweet of you to call me cute! 

Oh!  Good to know!  And the male chicken spelling is with a k... incidentally so is another word, but I'm pretty sure that's not allowed here either... lol

And it sounds like you and your room mate are having quite the good time.  lol
Haha, I just can't drink normal beer... It tastes too alcoholy... My little 'barbie beers' taste like blueberry lemonade, much yummier than beer!  lol
It doesn't make you look bad... and it's sweet of you to call me cute! 

Oh!  Good to know!  And the male chicken spelling is with a k... incidentally so is another word, but I'm pretty sure that's not allowed here either... lol

indeed because it is a CoC violation.

Sounds like they're pretty strict on the rules... are there lots of kids/young teens on here or something?
Don't mind the hipster creep, he's old, desperate and French-Canadian.

I won't post a picture of myself here because I like my privacy and I've shaved my beard yesterday.

Remember not to actually talk about D&D here in the Tavern. We don't like that. Advertising your own or your friend's webcomic/blog/videogame/board gets shifty looks too.

What we do like is news from Florida, Ghurkas and conspiracy theories.

Motto - Don't Damn Me, Guns N' Roses http://adhadh.deviantart.com/ - my dA page adhadh.png
..."window.parent.tinyMCE.get('post_content').onLoad.dispatch();" contenteditable="true" />And it sounds like you and your room mate are having quite the good time.  lol

sometimes. other times he throws up for a better part of an hour gets gets his food all over the carpet and bathroom, and i make him clean it up before he is supposed to go to dinner with his dad an hour or two afterwards. I'm responsible like that. try and keep the apartment clean and junk. well not too clean. I'm a bachelor and everything gotta have some stuff cluttered up and junk or else something would seem amiss about the apartment and junk.

Sounds like some strong stuff!  For hard alcohol I prefer Kahlua.  It's yummy. 
For hard alcohol i prefer ****ss. And by hard i mean good strong stouty beer.

..."window.parent.tinyMCE.get('post_content').onLoad.dispatch();" contenteditable="true">What we do like is news from Florida, Ghurkas and conspiracy theories.

Ooooh!  I love Florida news and conspiracies!  ... not too sure what a Ghurka is...

sometimes. other times he throws up for a better part of an hour gets gets his food all over the carpet and bathroom, and i make him clean it up before he is supposed to go to dinner with his dad an hour or two afterwards. I'm responsible like that. try and keep the apartment clean and junk. well not too clean. I'm a bachelor and everything gotta have some stuff cluttered up and junk or else something would seem amiss about the apartment and junk.

That sounds... absolutely disgusting... :/

****ss is against the CoC. Go sit in the corner!

That's only because ****ss is so hard core that these forums can't handle it!

That sounds... absolutely disgusting... :/

It was. So disgusting I made him clean it up instead of getting some rest before he had to go to dinner with his dad. LOLOLOLOLOL

..."window.parent.tinyMCE.get('post_content').onLoad.dispatch();" contenteditable="true">What we do like is news from Florida, Ghurkas and conspiracy theories.

Ooooh!  I love Florida news and conspiracies!  ... not too sure what a Ghurka is...

I boycot ghurkas. Violence shouldn't be tolerated and certainly not glorified. 

Oh dear... now a ghurka is starting to sound like some sort of violent pickle....
The Irish are British now?

****ss is against the CoC. Go sit in the corner!

That's only because ****ss is so hard core that these forums can't handle it!

It's the drink of British rednecks. Sort of a fancy Pabts.

I agree, it is the drink of people that really know how to drink good beer.