How much could I sell a 60 card box of ice age magic cards?

21 posts / 0 new
Last post
opened but barly used
depends on the cards
proud member of the 2011 community team
what ones would be worth anything
no idea
check ebay
proud member of the 2011 community team
im guessing halls of mist,sibilant spirit, minion of leshrac, glacial crevasses,blizzard, shield of the ages?
www.magiccards.info

They list several websites that sell singles.  As a rule of thumb, take the mid-range price and divide by 2.  That's the price those sites will buy it for.  You can probably sell it for a price somewhere in between.

im guessing halls of mist,sibilant spirit, minion of leshrac, glacial crevasses,blizzard, shield of the ages?

Those are all basically junk, and would cost more to mail than you'd get for selling. 

Casual Magic player since 2003 (Onslaught Block). 60% Johnny, 40% Timmy. Want a free, graphics-based, collection database to inventory your cards? I made one! Feedback welcome. Program runs offline, includes powerful search options, art, Oracle text, data import/export, and a rigorously updated list of every card ever printed. Version 5.13 (Theros) now available!

So. Green needs an iconic creature type, eh? How about wurms!

One Billion Words - 1001 Fantasy Landscapes: Share DnD-ish landscapes for use in homebrew campaigns!

Off the top of my head... Necropotence, Jester's Cap, Pox, Zuran Orb, Swords to Plowshares and bugger all else.
~ Guides I Have Been Silly Enough To Write ~
Budget Duals and Fetches in Multiplayer
CadaverousBl00m's Guide To Multiplayer Artifice
Multiplayer Tribal Format

~ Latest Multiplayer Ramblings: Appearing on my blog when I feel like it ~
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Rise of the Eldrazi Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Worldwake Post-Rotation
Kitchen Table Pricewatch: Zendikar Post-Rotation
Previous Multiplayer Concoctions
Elemental, My Dear Watson (Rainbow Elementals)
Watch The Little Birdies! (Bird Tribal with Proliferate)
Kavu Kavu Kavu Banana (Kavu Predator aggro)
Faerie Bleeder (The "Death By A Thousand Cuts" Faerie deck)
Braaiiins! (Mono-black Zombie control)
Verhexterring (Jinxed Ring / Grave Pact)
Flourishing Blowflies ( -1/-1 Counters)

Off the top of my head... Necropotence, Jester's Cap, Pox, Zuran Orb, Swords to Plowshares and bugger all else.

Demonic Consultation? Maybe? Kinda?

Alliances was better anyways.

Banned cards aren't worth anything. They might be really good but if people can't play them in competition there isn't any demand. 
Banned cards aren't worth anything. They might be really good but if people can't play them in competition there isn't any demand. 

Hence my insecurity on the subject.

Although Imperial Seal laughs at your sweeping generalistions.

Survival of the Fittest

Fauna Shaman

Imperial Seal is from Portal Three Kingdoms which is a massive exception. Almost every single card from Portal Three Kingdoms is overly inflated due to extreme scarcity. Even totally mediocre cards which have strictly better equivalents and are uncommon such as Alert Shu Infantry and Champion's Victory are worth $1+.

The commons are about the only things that are worth less than $1.

Pretty much every rare from P3K is worth $50+. All of them. If it was even slightly playable it became worth a considerable amount instantly. As an added bonus, Imperial Seal is legal in a format: Commander. Being a powerful card from an incredibly scarce set doesn't save it from costing tons since it's still legal in a format with enough demand to increase the price on it.

You'll notice Vampiric Tutor, a functionally identical card, is worth about 4% of what Imperial Seal is worth.
Immature College Student (Also a Rules Advisor)
Vampiric Tutor is actually strictly superior, because it can be cast at instant speed.
Didn't actually notice that. Both cards fall into my mental category of 'Nope, not buying that'.

Imperial Seal is from Portal Three Kingdoms which is a massive exception. Almost every single card from Portal Three Kingdoms is overly inflated due to extreme scarcity. Even totally mediocre cards which have strictly better equivalents and are uncommon such as Alert Shu Infantry and Champion's Victory are worth $1+.

The commons are about the only things that are worth less than $1.

Pretty much every rare from P3K is worth $50+. All of them. If it was even slightly playable it became worth a considerable amount instantly. As an added bonus, Imperial Seal is legal in a format: Commander. Being a powerful card from an incredibly scarce set doesn't save it from costing tons since it's still legal in a format with enough demand to increase the price on it.

You'll notice Vampiric Tutor, a functionally identical card, is worth about 4% of what Imperial Seal is worth.

The great part about P3K is that most of the rares are exactly the same as others so you get copies 5-8 in decks. On top of that some of the cards are ridiculous like how Rolling Earthquake targets everything except creatures with horsemanship. 
The great part about P3K is that most of the rares are exactly the same as others so you get copies 5-8 in decks. On top of that some of the cards are ridiculous like how Rolling Earthquake targets everything except creatures with horsemanship. 

That doesn't change the fact that cards from P3K that would be $3 or less if they came from any other set become ridiculously expensive when they come from P3K. See Wildfire ($1) vs Burning of Xinye ($50) or Rebuke (10¢) vs Eightfold Maze ($10).

Although Imperial Seal is worth a ridiculous amount of money, that value has less to do with whether or not it's banned and more to do with the extreme scarcity.

Contrast with Tinker, Necropotence, Yawgmoth's Bargain, and Mystical Tutor, all very powerful cards that combined can be had at the same price as one Olivia Voldaren.

Side note for any new casual players reading this forum: The absolute fastest way to get your friends to stop playing with you is to intentionally purchase ludicrously broken cards such as Bargain because they're cheap and then beat your friends with them. 

Vintage has use for them. And in Vintage, having a Laboratory Maniac out, casting Consultation, and then ending your upkeep step is a thing.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt

Vintage has use for them. And in Vintage, having a Laboratory Maniac out, casting Consultation, and then ending your upkeep step is a thing.

one copy of an easily attainable card in a format that has nobody playing it... 
Rebuke (10¢) vs Eightfold Maze ($10).

This is another strictly worse one that costs more, lol.
Pretty much every rare from P3K is worth $50+.

Sun Quan, Lord of Wu was going for around $25 before FtV: Legends. Now he's around $18-$20. Cao Cao, Lord of Wei tops out around $20. There are a LOT of P3K rares that go for under $50. Only about 15 or 16 of P3K's 58 rares go for $50 or more.

Scope my YouTube channel!

Here's a shout out for Scholars' Books & Games in Bridgewater, MA, and for Paladin's Place in Darmstadt, Hessen, Germany where I was stationed for two years. Support your FLGS!

Attacking the darkness since 1987, turning creatures sideways since 1994.

Imperial Seal is legal in a format: Commander.

It's also legal, albeit restricted, in Vintage. 

STEP 1: Find your cousin STEP 2: Get your cousin in the cannon STEP: 3 Find another cousin