New Order Cards

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
We need the new Curse of Undeath order cards to be displayed.  With only six days until the release date, I would have expected to know everything about the game by now.
It would be great if someone could post the order cards. I have ordered 2 packs but it will take some days until they arrive.
This is a list of all the order cards from Curse of Undeath. In parenthesis I have numerated each card type.  Someone else typed most of this up.  The art on these cards is terrific by the way.

Constitution (13) (36%)

Careful Attack: Level 1 CON, Standard - Make a melee attack that deals Weapon + 10 damage. Attach this card to this creature - Remove this card to prevent 10 damage to this creature (2)

Corrosive Blood: Level 1 CON, Immediate - Requires Undead, Prevent 10 damage to this creature. Deal 10 damage to each tapped creature adjacent to this creature. (1)

Relentless Advance: Level 1 CON, Minor - This creature takes 10 damage to shift 5 squares (2)

Spawn of Kyuss: Level 1 CON, Minor - Requires Undead. Attach this card to this creature. Each enemy creature that ends it's activation adjacent to this creature takes 10 damage. (1)

Defensive Advantage: Level 2 CON, Immediate - Prevent 20 damage to this creature from 1 source. Draw 1 Order Card (2)

Hulking Attack: Level 2 CON, Standard - Make a Melee attack that deals Weapon +10 damage. If the target takes damage from this attack you gain 1 Morale. (2)

Unbreakable: Level 3 CON, Immediate - Prevent 50 damage to this creature from any 1 source. (2)

Regenerate: Level 4 CON, Minor- Attach this card to this creature - Regenerate 10, at the start of it's controllers turn this creature heals 10 damage (1)

Intelligence (9) (25%)
 Mage Armor: Level 1 INT, Minor - Attach this card to this creature. Tap to prevent 10 damage to this creature from 1 source. (2)

Dispell Magic: Level 3 INT, Minor - Choose this creature or any creature within 5 squares. The chosen creature removes 1 Order Card of your choice. (1)

Gout of Fire: Level 3 INT, Standard - Requires Ranged, Make a ranged attack that deals Weapon + 20 damage (2)

Vampiric Touch: Level 3 INT, Standard - Vampire Affinity, Make a melee attack that deals 30 damage. If the target takes damage from this attack this creature heals 30 damage (2)

Dimenson Door: Level 4 INT, Minor - Place this creature in any square within 8 squares. This creature does not need line of sight to target the square. (1)

Cloud of Bats: Level 5 INT, Immediate - Vampire Affinity, Prevent all damage to this creature fro 1 source, then shift 6 squares. (1)

Charisma (11) (31%)
Call to Battle: Level 3 CHA, Minor - Attach this card to this creature - As a Standard Action deploy 1 creature now. If this creature is in a magic circle, gain 1 Morale. (1)

Fear: Level 3 CHA, Minor - Dragon Affinity, Slide each adjacent creature 5 squares (2)

Hypnotic Gaze: Level 3 CHA, Standard - Choose 1 enemy creature within 5 squares, Slide that creature 3 squares. Make a melee attack that deals Weapon + 20 damage. (2)

Necrotic Howl: Level 3 CHA, Minor - Required Undead, Deal 10 damage to each enemy creature adjacent to this creature (2)

Unending Horde: Level 3 CHA, Minor - Each creature you control other than this creature shifts 3 squares (1)

Warning Shout: Level 3 CHA, Immediate - Choose 1 allied creature within line of sight. Prevent 30 damage to that creature from 1 source. (2)

Terrifying Revalations: Level 6 CHA, Standard - Target Opponent loses 3 morale (1)

Any (3) (8%)
Magic Sword: Level 1 ANY, Minor - Attach this card to this creature - Damage from this creatures melee attacks cannot be prevented (1)

Death Grip: Level 1 ANY, Standard - Requires Undead, Make a melee atack that deals Weapon damage, + 10 for each Undead crature you control that is adjacent to the target. (2)
Thanks a lot. There are some nice really nice cards. Magic Sword seems to be great in any deck that uses melee guys.

After carefully analyzing a lot of order cards in all the faction packs, I have come to the conclusion that this game is well balanced.  However, in future faction packs I would like to see some level 1 charisma order cards and also a lot more wisdom creatures and order cards.  I know that the Orc set will have some wisdom, but the Orcs need to be the begining of serious wisdom and not the end of it.  One last note; the extra strength and constitution from the Orc set will be great since they will round out the constitution and strength order cards already available. 

To be fair, every existing Charisma creature can use a level 3 card, so level 1's aren't currently super important.

I agree for the most part though.  I've got Magic Shortsword on my watch list though, that thing is off the hook. 
Magic Shortsword is a very marginal effect. It has a few corner case uses (on a Vampire Stalker for instance, so you can guarantee your healing effects) but in general it's mostly a do-nothing card. The fact that it's a Level 1 - Any should be an indication that it's not a very powerful effect, just like Piercing Strike is one of the lesser DEX cards... ANY cards are typically less powerful than those with an ability restriction, and lower level cards are typically less powerful than higher level ones.
Magic Shortsword is a very marginal effect. It has a few corner case uses (on a Vampire Stalker for instance, so you can guarantee your healing effects) but in general it's mostly a do-nothing card.

Besides Magic Shortsword offering some marginal benifit to Vampire Stalker, the order card also is totally awesome in conjunction with Delthrin Everet (an Undeath Commander).  It is also stupendous in the hands of the Bugbear Berserker.  But in most circumstances you are right that the card isn't too effective.  That is probably why only one came in the newest faction pack.

Magic Shortsword is a very marginal effect. It has a few corner case uses (on a Vampire Stalker for instance, so you can guarantee your healing effects) but in general it's mostly a do-nothing card. The fact that it's a Level 1 - Any should be an indication that it's not a very powerful effect, just like Piercing Strike is one of the lesser DEX cards... ANY cards are typically less powerful than those with an ability restriction, and lower level cards are typically less powerful than higher level ones.

Have you played with the card?  It blanks virtually every Immediate in the game, and as a consequence removes virtually every hidden information issue.  You certainly don't want to just throw it into any deck ever (like it's no good with the ranged guys obviously), but it's absurd on a Bugbear, and generally makes the melee heavy hitters extremely difficult to deal with.  

Have you played with the card?  It blanks virtually every Immediate in the game, and as a consequence removes virtually every hidden information issue.  You certainly don't want to just throw it into any deck ever (like it's no good with the ranged guys obviously), but it's absurd on a Bugbear, and generally makes the melee heavy hitters extremely difficult to deal with.  

It doesn't blank any card, you can still use damage prevention on the other characters, so it's -1 card advantage. It costs you one card to put on, doesn't cancel any cards from the opponent's hand, and doesn't provide any extra damage. It has a nice interaction with a few card or minis combos when you positively cannot afford the opponent to choose to cower or where a single damage prevention card would cancel a long chain. But that doesn't even make it as good as Piercing Strike, which at least gives you +10 damage. And it's anti-combo with some of the best cards you could put on a Bugbear or Vampire (another one where I might want a Magic Shortsword): Tough as Nail and the other card that removes all attached cards and gives a permanent +10 damage.

Hence, a marginal effect, destined to be only a roleplayer in a few specific circumstances, not a staple card. And even as a marginal effect, it probably won't even give you as much out of using it than, say, Goblin Warcry, or some other similar marginal cards.

It will definitely beat Death Grip though... wow that one was a stinker all night last night... one time with a lot of effort it gave me a +20 damage, and that's in a band maxing out on the low level Undead. Goblin Warcry routinely gave me +40 or +50.

Even though it only works on one guy, it changes the whole tenor of the game because if you do your activations in the right order, it forces them to blow Immediates early if they want to prevent their guy from falling into death range.  Not to mention the benefit of knowing you can get a problem guy off the board.  Sure they get to respawn, but unless they're running Snigg or Call to Battle you cost them an activation, and even if they are it's pretty likely the respawn hurts their positioning.  Again, I've played with it in a couple of decks and it's been extremely strong.  Ditto Piercing Strike.  Killing dudes is the name of the game, after all, and being able to do it around tricks is huge for positioning and activation advantages.  (You mentioned cowering in the other thread and I guess I agree that if your opponent wants to cower all the time cards that stop that are in some sense bad because they're prevening bad play, but I sorta feel like you can't ever lose those games so you should probably play cards that are good when people play well.)

It also works fine with Tough as Nails/+10 damage.  It's a bit awkward since you have to play it after those cards, but especially getting a guy with permanent Piercing Strike is amazing and worth a bit of awkward sandbagging.  It just sounds like you're talking about a very different deck; I'm not going to play it in the kind of deck where Goblin War Cry is good.  It's amazing on Dragon Knight, Bugbear Berserker, and Vampire Stalker.  Like, utterly unreal good.  It probably isn't great on other dudes, sure, but I can't really think of many cards I'm going to play in every single deck; the measure of a card that's good in DC is IMO how good it is in decks where it's good.  Goblin War Cry is another great example, if it's in a deck that can maximize it it's solid, but there are a lot of cases where it's not as good as Heroic Surge/Quick Jab or the other free minor attacks.  Maximized Short Sword is crazy good because it cuts off the counters for big hits.  (Other than not having anything worth killing, I suppose, but the Bugbear is kind of bad news there and is likely to end up in decks that want the Sword.)
In some decks it can be quite a good Order card, in others it'd be a waste of space. For that reason I wouldn't call it overpowered. An overpowered card I would want to use in every deck, I haven't seen any so far, mostly since they're pretty well balanced by a combination of level/ability requirements.