Sacred Steak: Steak

With all these sacred steak threads, it's made me hungry. So lets talk about steak, I mean cmon, how great is steak?

My two copper.
Meat is ... well, calling it 'murder' is a bit much, so let's just say it's controversial.  The point is, you should be eating more more nuts.

The metagame is not the game.

With all these sacred steak threads, it's made me hungry. So lets talk about steak, I mean cmon, how good is steak?

Good enough to be sacred  

Meat is ... well, calling it 'murder' is a bit much, so let's just say it's controversial.  The point is, you should be eating more more nuts.

Why?  Cow farts are one of the biggest contributers to the "global warming" issue, so by eating lots of steak I'm doing my part to kill off the cows and reduce emissions. ;)

The question is whether it's good murder, or evil murder.

I believe it's good murder.
D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition

Good murder or tasty murder?

Why?  Cow farts are one of the biggest contributers to the "global warming" issue, so by eating lots of steak I'm doing my part to kill off the cows and reduce emissions. ;)

Point of reference:

It's actually cow burps, not cow farts.  Just because our primary methane release is farts doesn't mean theirs is too.
D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition

Point of reference:

It's actually cow burps, not cow farts.  Just because our primary methane release is farts doesn't mean theirs is too.

Heh.  Whatever!  I'm reducing emissions!!!

Point of reference:

Heh.  Whatever!  I'm reducing emissions!!!

You're saving the world Maxperson, good for you!
My two copper.
On a technical note, by purchasing beef you are encouraging the raising of cattle as food.  You would reduce emissions by a greater amount if you did not eat beef, thus shrinking the beef industry.

The metagame is not the game.

Eating beef increases cow farts. Live in country with polluted water due to cows grumble grumble.

Fear is the Mind Killer

On a technical note, by purchasing beef you are encouraging the raising of cattle as food.  You would reduce emissions by a greater amount if you did not eat beef, thus shrinking the beef industry.

I think I can eat it at a rate greater than it grows, or at least I'm going to try.  Yum!
Eating beef increases cow farts. Live in country with polluted water due to cows grumble grumble.

Pee in their water and see how they like it. 
Its more the cow poo in the water. Childhood swimming holes now have to be ested to see if its safe to swim in let alone drink. A dog died from swimming in the river water here.

Fear is the Mind Killer

Steak is alright, but so easy to do wrong. 
Its more the cow poo in the water. Childhood swimming holes now have to be ested to see if its safe to swim in let alone drink. A dog died from swimming in the river water here.

That sucks.  Have a steak tonight in revenge.
A good steak dinner beforehand helps me run a better D&D game.

While I choose not to enable the Leave In Pan Till It Curls Up and Blackens module, I wholeheartedly support the free choice of those who do.

While I choose not to enable the Leave In Pan Till It Curls Up and Blackens module, I wholeheartedly support the free choice of those who do.

Eww.  My wife uses that module.  I use the Listen to it Moo When I Cut it module.

Medium is just right for me
My two copper.

Eww.  My wife uses that module.  I use the Listen to it Moo When I Cut it module.

They have a tape and ear plugs adendum with that latter module.
  Creative Character Build Collection and The Magic of King's and Heros  also Can Martial Characters Fly? 

Improvisation in 4e: Fave 4E Improvisations - also Wrecans Guides to improvisation beyond page 42
The Non-combatant Adventurer (aka Princess build Warlord or LazyLord)
Reality is unrealistic - and even monkeys protest unfairness
Reflavoring the Fighter : The Wizard : The Swordmage - Creative Character Collection: Bloodwright (Darksun Character) 

At full hit points and still wounded to incapacitation? you are playing 1e.
By virtue of being a player your characters are the protagonists in a heroic fantasy game even at level one
"Wizards and Warriors need abilities with explicit effects for opposite reasons. With the wizard its because you need to create artificial limits on them, they have no natural ones and for the Warrior you need to grant permission to do awesome."

If Next doesn't include steak fries and creamed spinach as sides, it is a deal-breaker.  (If it does include them, it's kind of an artery-breaker, but better to die prematurely of coronary disease a happy man than live an eternity on kale.)

I'm trying to wean mine off the Boil Greens To Yellow module. It's a painstaking process.

If Next doesn't include steak fries and creamed spinach as sides, it is a deal-breaker.  (If it does include them, it's kind of an artery-breaker, but better to die prematurely of coronary disease a happy man than live an eternity on kale.)

My baked taters module considers yours a heressy that will have to come with a later expansion (and what for you go ruiining perfectly good spinach ... I haves a dip for my Hawaiin bread that will be annoyed.)

Creative Character Build Collection and The Magic of King's and Heros  also Can Martial Characters Fly? 

Improvisation in 4e: Fave 4E Improvisations - also Wrecans Guides to improvisation beyond page 42
Reflavoring the Fighter : The Wizard : The Swordmage - Creative Character Collection: Bloodwright (Darksun Character) 

By virtue of being a player your characters are the protagonists in a heroic fantasy game even at level one
"Wizards and Warriors need abilities with explicit effects for opposite reasons. With the wizard its because you need to create artificial limits on them, they have no natural ones and for the Warrior you need to grant permission to do awesome."

Spinach in core? Are you crazy? Now THAT'S a deal breaker!
My two copper.
and what for you go ruiining perfectly good spinach ...

Creamed spinach does not ruin spinach.  If anything, it's the cream that's been ruined!
 (If it does include them, it's kind of an artery-breaker, but better to die prematurely of coronary disease a happy man than live an eternity on kale.)

That's what I say!
You got your creamed spinach in my peanut butter.
You got your creamed spinach in my peanut butter.

You can have it, and my creamed spinach that you got your peanut butter in.  Bleh!
creamed spinach save vs being sickened?

Fear is the Mind Killer

When I throw it up that will be an attack.

This entire thread so far, and nobody has mentioned the only thing that can make a steak even more nummy? Wrapping it in bacon? Seriously?

I AM DISAPPOINTED IN EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU.

That said, now I want steak, and I don't have one. *sniffle* 

For those confused on how DDN's modular rules might work, this may provide some insight: http://www.tor.com/blogs/2012/11/the-world-of-darkness-shines-when-it-abandons-canon

@mikemearls: Uhhh... do you really not see all the 3e/4e that's basically the entire core system?

It is entirely unnecessary to denigrate someone else's approach to gaming in order to validate your own.

This entire thread so far, and nobody has mentioned the only thing that can make a steak even more nummy? Wrapping it in bacon? Seriously?

I AM DISAPPOINTED IN EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU.

That said, now I want steak, and I don't have one. *sniffle* 

STEACON?! GENIUS!
My two copper.

Based on my understanding of the alignment system, sirloin would be evil murder, and brisket would be good murder.

Dwarves invented beer so they could toast to their axes. Dwarves invented axes to kill people and take their beer. Swanmay Syndrome: Despite the percentages given in the Monster Manual, in reality 100% of groups of swans contain a Swanmay, because otherwise the DM would not have put any swans in the game.
With all these sacred steak threads, it's made me hungry. So lets talk about steak, I mean cmon, how great is steak?

....I hate you....

*Clutches grumbly stomach.*

It's that tasty mineral-rich blood that supplies that juicy flavor.

I buy only pastured, grass-fed, grass-finished beef.  The best protein comes from animals.  It must have a face, and you must take its essence into your body.

Back on topic, Wizards needs to get rid of the "Doneness: Sirloin must be of medium well doneness" line.  I never eat medium well.  I always eat medium rare or rare.  Medium well is okay as an option, but the entire range of doneness needs to be available for every steak.  If people want to restrict their own tables to Medium well sirloins and well-done ribeyes, then that's okay.  I want the entire gamut of doneness for all my steaks.
My Minotaur friends are offended by this talk of eating beef steaks.
They suggest eating dragon steaks.
But don't mind them. They just ran outta lamb.

Orzel, Halfelven son of Zel, Mystic Ranger, Bane to Dragons, Death to Undeath, Killer of Abyssals, King of the Wilds. Constitution Based Class for Next!

As a cow myself I eat humans for revenge and poop in your childrens swimming holes.  I like my human steaks wrapped in other humans.  When I roleplay (which is why I am on this forum) I like to play Moosassins bringing righteous death to the two-legged oppressors.  And elves.  I am lawful good to cows but chaotic evil to mankind.   
Also irl I use a what I have been calling a longsword but on some other thread I was informed that is wrong.  So now I call it my pointy-ended human slayer.  
My Minotaur friends are offended by this talk of eating beef steaks.
They suggest eating dragon steaks.
But don't mind them. They just ran outta lamb.

*Has images of Gohan running through the desert hacking apart dino tail for breakfast.*

WOuld that attack be based off STR or CON?

WOuld that attack be based off STR or CON?

Well, in 3e dragon breath attack saves are based on con, so I would ad hoc it con.