I can't wrap my head around this. Please tell me if it's weak, ok or overpowered

25 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tear the World 

Enchantment

Tear the World enters the battlefield tapped, and cannot untap until your next upkeep.
When Tear the World enters the battlefield, you lose 20 life. Cannot be prevented.
: You win the game.

Sorcery?
Enchantment. XD
So I win during my next upkeep? How is this "Tearing the World"? It seems more like "Beat your head against a wall"...
So I win during my next upkeep? How is this "Tearing the world"?

You're a planeswalker. You destroy the plane with your opponent stuck on it and leave.
in proper rules terminology this woul read as follows:

Tear the World
Enchantment
Tear the World enters the battlefield tapped, and cannot be untapped until your next upkeep.
When Tear the World enters the battle, it does 20 damage to you. This damage cannot be prevented.

Feels a little too easy to pull off, to be honest.

Tear the World
Enchantment
Tear the World enters the battlefield tapped, and cannot be untapped until your next upkeep.
When Tear the World enters the battle, it does 20 damage to you. This damage cannot be prevented.

Bolded - why?

Tear the World
Enchantment

Bolded - why?

Damage always needs a source. Alternately, you can replace the line with "You lose 20 life."
That's better, thanks.

Tear the World
Enchantment

ever since harrow and there are better cards now

president obombya speaks anger prejudice and a time for US foreign air strike while the US worries about its rights

Let 'em burn [Frozen Parody]
Stifle?

I know stifle. Of course it can be countered. Your point?
most dangerous things on the board are creatures so creature eliminate is favored over enchantment eliminate

president obombya speaks anger prejudice and a time for US foreign air strike while the US worries about its rights

Tear the World
Enchantment

Bolded - why?

Damage always needs a source. Alternately, you can replace the line with "You lose 20 life."

however, damage is always dealt, not done.

alternatively:

Planar Sunder-
Sorcery
You lose 20 life.
At the beginning of your next upkeep, you win the game.

solves the prevention and stifle problems, and it doesn't really make sense as something you can naturalize anyway.

120.6. Some effects replace card draws.
No, winning is preferred.
Planar Sunder-
Sorcery
You lose 20 life.

solves the prevention and stifle problems, and it doesn't really make sense as something you can naturalize anyway.

That's too strong. I gave mine a tap necessity to make it weaker on purpose. I want it to be possible to stifle it, or keep it down with tap effects.
It's not a good card except in a five color life gaining green deck

You're asking a lot of this card. Its an enhantment with a tap ability, which doesn't have much presedence. Stifling a Phyrexian Dreadnaught gives your opponent some hope, stifling somethings that says "You win the game", not as much. You're also having to keep track of something a turn later, and an untap that happens during an upkeep step, which adds memory issues.

Why is it WUBRG? Because it feels epic? Why isn't it just a black enchantment? 
Why is it WUBRG? Because it feels epic? Why isn't it just a black enchantment? 

Because you suck all the types of mana out of the plane.
sure

but if one plays green, the mana grab is 2 lands per card in many cases with accelerate drop down

I disagree with this card.

This card comes from a flavor origin: you want a spell (i.e. sorcery) that causes an apocalypse with your opponent stuck on the plane. Problem is that he's a planeswalker too, as are you, so he'd also be able to escape. 

What about something like this?

Escape the Singularity -
Sorcery
At the beginning of your next upkeep, each player loses the game unless he or she pays .
"May you wake as another person in another life." -Mairsil the Pretender
My latest set is in public beta! KOR - Kingdoms of Rabiah - Check it out! Like Uncle Istvan? Like Rabiah? Like Homelands? Then check out theScion's Parade of Planeswalkers Got Flavor? Throw it at me in my Gauntlet: theScion vs YMTC thread. Can the combined powers of YMTC defeat our favorite rainbow-faced card crafter?
Escape the Singularity -
Sorcery
At the beginning of your next upkeep, each player loses the game unless he or she pays .
"May you wake as another person in another life." -Mairsil the Pretender

I like this, particularly interesting being so black, a color that can't ramp too easily, but maybe it should cost more or require only to be paid.

Regarding the original.

5 color seems is a good idea to make it harder.

It's like Door to Nothingness, maybe comparisons can be made.
Worldfire sets the entire plane on fire for 9, and your's emplodes it, so it should probably cost at least 10...
Planar Sunder-
Sorcery
You lose 20 life.

That's too strong. I gave mine a tap necessity to make it weaker on purpose. I want it to be possible to stifle it, or keep it down with tap effects.

I think you guys are discussing different abilities to be stifled.

The win ability can still be stifled. It's a delayed trigger. However Raz's wording means you can't Stifle the life loss trigger (because it's no longer an ability).

Also, the fact the OP is an enchantment doesn't really make it that much weaker. There's not a huge number of effects that keep an enchantment tapped down.
sure

but if one plays green, the mana grab is 2 lands per card in many cases with accelerate drop down

Yeah, we all draw a land and Untamed Wilds every turn. *chuckle*
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt