Suggestions for my vampire deck

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi, I have made this modern vampire deck, but I do not know alot of the cards in modern. Therefore I would like to know what you think of this deck.

Creatures:
4x Vampire Lacerator
4x Viscera Seer
4x Bloodghast
4x Kalastria Highborn
4x Gatekeeper of Malakir
4x Vampire Nighthawk
4x Vampire Nocturnus

Spells:
4x Go for the Throat
4x Dismember
2x Liliana of the Veil

Lands:
16x Swamp
4x Verdant Catacombs
2x Cavern of Souls

Sideboard:
4x Vampire Hexmage
3x Tormod's Crypt
3x Duress
3x Appetite for Brains
2x Pithing Needle

Or maybe I will change the deck to a B/R Vampire deck.

Creatures:
4x Vampire Lacerator
4x Viscera Seer
4x Bloodghast
4x Kalastria Highborn
4x Gatekeeper of Malakir
4x Stromkirk Captain
4x Falkenrath Aristocrat

Spells:
4x Lightning Bolt
4x Go for the Throat
2x Liliana of the Veil

Lands:
8x Swamp
4x Blood Crypt
4x Dragonskull Summit
4x Verdant Catacombs
2x Cavern of Souls

Almost the same sideboard, the only difference would be 3x Rakdos Charm instead of 3x Tormod's Crypt.

What do you think?
Anyone?
I prefer the mono black version also you may want to consider blood artist over kalastria highborn since you dont need mana open for the drain effect
love the mono black, but consider blood artist as BOMB said, and also don't overlook Bloodline Keeper.  I run a similar build, on a budget and I have one more games with the Keeper on the board than with Nocturnus (not to say I didn't run Nocturnus).  I also ran card draw to keep me going after a board clear.  Hope that helps!
Oh and, I see you run removal with Gatekeeper, Go for the Throat, and Dismember.  In a deck thats as creature heavy as yours, maybe you could forgo Gatekeeper, or move him to a 2 or 3 of.  
If you want to run the R/B, consider putting [C]Stromkirk Noble[/C] in. It's a cheap drop, counts towards [C]Bloodline Keeper[/C] (which you should be running) and has a handy boost ability. Also, [C]Rakish Heir[/C] would be good to pump all of your creatures when they get through.

[C]Blood Seeker[/C] might not be a bad choice for your SB if you encounter token decks. Might not wipe the tokens, but it definitely punishes your opponent for dropping 'em.

[C]Bloodlord of Vaasgoth[/C] could be powerful to this deck IF you can drop him early enough. From what I've picked up, modern is a little more fast paced than other formats. That said, a 1 or 2 of for a potential topdeck wincon might not be a bad plan.

[C]Captivating Vampire[/C] I would replace the Nighthawk with this, if you can. Boosts all of your creatures and lets you steal an opponent's creature. Not bad for 3cmc.

[C]Pawn of Ulamog[/C] Could be a mana fixer in the right setup, and plays off of [C]Blood Artist[/C]. Something to consider in your playtesting, probably wouldn't maindeck it right off.

Anyway, just some cards to consider. Hope it helps. 
Thank you for your suggestions.
You're a disgrace to the name shadow.
I hate dogs.
I have chosen to make the deck mono black and I have added some Sign in Bloods.

The deck as it is now:

Creatures:
4x Vampire Lacerator
4x Viscera Seer
4x Bloodghast
4x Kalastria Highborn
4x Gatekeeper of Malakir
4x Vampire Nighthawk (will add 4x Captivating Vampire instead if I can find it in any store here in Denmark) 
4x Vampire Nocturnus

Spells:
4x Go for the Throat
4x Sign in Blood
2x Liliana of the Veil

Lands:
16x Swamp
4x Verdant Catacombs
2x Cavern of Souls

Sideboard:
4x Vampire Hexmage
4x Duress
4x Appetite for Brains
3x Tormod's Crypt

I'm not still not sure whether to run Vampire Nocturnus or Bloodline Keeper (got a playset of both), Bloodline Keeper is more powerful in a long game, but Vampire Nocturnus seems faster, but more random. What do you think? which of the two would you run?
with this kind of deck you wont win most games that go long so i would do nocturnus over keeper to increase the odds of you ending the game before most players can stabilize
also Drana might be a good card to throw one or two in. Definately captivating vampire as your army just gets bigger and with each crature you steal lets you steal even more. and you can activate his ability immediately under summoning sickness. I run two nirkanna revenants in my vamp deck with cards like exsanguinate. But overall I actually do like the mono black alot.
Sign In to post comments