Eggs Of Paradise

21 posts / 0 new
Last post
Eggs Of Paradise -
Creature - Egg
Defender
When Eggs Of Paradise is put into a graveyard from play, put three green 0/1 bird creature tokens with flying and ": Add one mana of any color to your mana pool." into play.
0/3

The number of the creature tokens and their abilities would make for interesting decisions, right?
I'm not sure what to make of this. Does something like this need to exist? Maybe in some really slow, stalling deck that wants to get out gigantic creatures like Emrakul, the Aeons Torn or Worldspine Wurm or something, but it feels a bit too swingy and unpredictable.
I get it, it's an egg which turns into Birds of Paradise.

Not nearly as clean as Roc Egg...
It would be rare that you would play this without a sacrifice effect on the board. Not only could it net you another 3 mana on turn 4, but it could simultaneously power up a Bloodthrone Vampire or a similarly powerful sacrifice outlet. In that light, its just too strong.
You could just say "dies". "Put into a graveyard" means three Birds on turn 2! Since you were going for Roc Egg, I don't think that's what you meant.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
@bay_falconer: Thank you, I prefer the older wording, and just edited the card!

@Exxile72: Four creatures that can't deal combat damage for three mana, why not?
Because with this and any 1 or 2 mana sacrifice outlet I can cast a 7 mana bomb on turn 4, in ANY color. That's not really even doable in a ramp deck, and it wouldn't be that hard to set up.
I think this card is pretty cool. Amended:

Eggs of Paradise -
Creature - Bird
When ~ dies, put three 0/1 green Bird creature tokens named Birds of Paradise onto the battlefield. Each have flying and "{T}: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool."
0/3

You wanna power up Bloodthrone Vampire, I'd look at Mitotic Slime.
My latest set is in public beta! KOR - Kingdoms of Rabiah - Check it out! Like Uncle Istvan? Like Rabiah? Like Homelands? Then check out theScion's Parade of Planeswalkers Got Flavor? Throw it at me in my Gauntlet: theScion vs YMTC thread. Can the combined powers of YMTC defeat our favorite rainbow-faced card crafter?
I love it, with the new wording. Maybe it should be less splashable by .
It's not so much that it powers up bloodthrone vampire or its ilk. It's that you ramp way to fast with it.

Actually looking at it a second time, you could easily ramp to 8 mana by turn 4 by adding a Llanowar Elf or a 1 mana sacrifice outlet like Carrion Feederand Rampant Growthto the mix.

That's a Turn 4 Nicol Bolas or Avacyn.

I think its a cool idea, but you should prolly only get 2 birds. Or it should cost like 5 mana.
Wording from theScion fixes that problem.
It's not so much that it powers up bloodthrone vampire or its ilk. It's that you ramp way to fast with it.

Actually looking at it a second time, you could easily ramp to 8 mana by turn 4 by adding a Llanowar Elf or a 1 mana sacrifice outlet like Carrion Feederand Rampant Growthto the mix.

That's a Turn 4 Nicol Bolas or Avacyn.

I think its a cool idea, but you should prolly only get 2 birds. Or it should cost like 5 mana.

This is a good point. Despite creatures being vulnerable, it still ramps fast.

Should probably cost 4 at least. 
My latest set is in public beta! KOR - Kingdoms of Rabiah - Check it out! Like Uncle Istvan? Like Rabiah? Like Homelands? Then check out theScion's Parade of Planeswalkers Got Flavor? Throw it at me in my Gauntlet: theScion vs YMTC thread. Can the combined powers of YMTC defeat our favorite rainbow-faced card crafter?
Shard Convergence

This doesn't put them onto the battlefield. Consider something more akin to Explosive Vegetation.
Yavimaya Elder

this egg hatches on it's own
Yavimaya Elder

this egg hatches on it's own

Also doesn't get put onto the battlefield.
mana on battlefield and mana in hand?
Not the same thing.

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

[spoiler MLP]Congratulations, you've found My Lie Policy: Only when i'm prompted, i might lie. (policy still in the refinement process.) [/spoiler] [spoiler I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.]I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
especially with spell shapers

on average by turn four, a player has put down all their land in hand
Veteran Explorer + Phyrexian Tower + Forest

By turn 2, that's 5 mana to play with. And I don't have to wait a turn to make use of Veteran's ramp capabilities.

Also:

Overgrown Battlement + Phyrexian Metamorph + Forest + 2 lands

That's 7 mana by turn 4.

Having said that, cats: great card. Just don't go making Cantor eggs. That, with Phyrexian Tower, would be insane :/

EDIT: wrong person accredited as designer :/
Veteran Explorer + Phyrexian Tower + Forest

By turn 2, that's 5 mana to play with. And I don't have to wait a turn to make use of Veteran's ramp capabilities.

Also:

Overgrown Battlement + Phyrexian Metamorph + Forest + 2 lands

That's 7 mana by turn 4.

Having said that, Scion: great card. Just don't go making Cantor eggs. That, with Phyrexian Tower, would be insane :/

Cats made the card.

mana on battlefield and mana in hand?
Not the same thing.

When did mana have zones?
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Sign In to post comments