Jund (RBG)

46 posts / 0 new
Last post
Jund (or Jund Rock) is a midrange or aggro control deck using the colors of the shard Jund. You use value cards and creatures to gain advantage over your opponent. G/B has a long history together with Pernicious Deed and Spiritmonger. With black's removal & discard and green's ramp & efficient creatures we are able to control the board while dropping creatures to finish off our opponent.

Staple Cards

Creatures:

1-drops:
Deathrite Shaman - Used to combat Reanimator by removing their win conditions and [Unburial Rites[/c] or stopping flashback shenanigans as well as gaining life against aggro or used as a Grim Lavamancer to finish the last few life points. Over all a very stromg card for us.

3-drops:
Vampire Nighthawk - The lifegain helps keep us alive against aggro, has flying to block spirit tokens.

Wolfir Avenger - Flash lets you play it on their turn as a surprise block or EOT for psuedo haste. Strong creature.

4-drops:
Huntmaster of the Fells - Four mana two creatures and life gain is pretty strong on its own but when it flips it can take down a creature and deals damage to the opponent. Definitely a very stromg card and creates quite a bit of value which makes it a perfect fit for this deck.

Olivia Voldaren - She has the ability to kill off little guys or steal bigger guys all while getting bigger herself. This card has proven to be one of the strongest cards in this deck. Because of her legendary status most people find she is a 2-3 of in a deck.

Desecration Demon - 6/6 flyer for 4cmc, really strong card against most decks. Really bad against tokens though as they can just stop its use. I wouldn't depend on this card maybe 2-3 maindeck. 

5+
Thragtusk - The most used creature right now across all decks. 5 life and replaces itself when it dies and starts out as a 5/3. Definitely an auto include in all versions of this deck.

Thundermaw Hellkite - Hastey, flying and clears a way through. Extremely strong finisher.

Mana Accel

Farseek - Fetches shock lands (Overgrown Tomb, Blood Crypt) at 2 cmc making third turn Huntmasters possible.

Rakdos Keyrune - Arguably the strongest of all the keyrunes. Accels our mana when needed and turns into a 3/1 first striker that dodges sorcery speed removal if used on the offense. anywhere between 2-4 in most decks.

Removal 

Dreadbore - Personally my favorite. It is sorcery speed but it hits anything that can be targeted all for 2 cmc. Extremely versatile at the cost of sorcery. These are played anywhere from 0-4 maindeck and as many in the sideboard.

Abrupt Decay - Instant speed, 2cmc hits any nonland permanent with cmc 3 or less. Great card but because of its limitations it does tend to be a 2-3 of main with a few in the board.

Sever the Bloodline - Exiles the creature. Great against Zombies also can remove all the tokens from Entreat the Angels or any other token producer. Also has flashback for multiple uses. Usually split between the board and main.

Pillar of Flames - Exiles the creature if it is killed. Extremely potent against Zombies by removing their Geralf's Messengers and Gravecrawlers. Also can hit hit your opponent for the last few life points.

Searing Spear - Can kill some of the bigger creatures.

Bonfire of the Damned - With so much ramp we can hit massive Bonfires making it a one sided Wrath while hitting the opppnent for some hit points or redirect it to their Planeswalker. Not as good if you can't miracle it but even x being 2 can still clear their board.

Mizzium Mortars - Can take down most creatures being played right now and can be a one sided Wrath when Overloaded. Many are splitting this with Bonfire.

Planeswalkers

Garruk Relentless - Acts as removal or pumps out 2/2 wolves. Solid Planeswalker.

Garruk, Primal Hunter - Repeatable 3/3 Beasts. Draws cards extremely powerful if you can swing the 3 Green in the mana cost.

Vraska the Unseen - Our first g/b walker. It protects itelf, it kills permanents.

Other cards

Slaughter Games - Great against control by removing their win condition. Great against Reanimator by removing Unburial Rites also great against any deck running Thragtusk to take care of it before they play it.

Duress - Really good discard to get rid of any Planeswalkers, removal or any other noncreature non land card.

Decklists

1st place - Phil Anderson (Nova Scotia States 2012)

[deck]

4 Huntmaster of the Fells
3 Olivia Voldaren
4 Thragtusk
4 Vampire Nighthawk
Creatures [15]
2 Garruk Relentless
Planeswalkers [2]
4 Dreadbore
4 Farseek
2 Mizzium Mortars
4 Pillar of Flame
3 Rakdos Keyrune
2 Sever the Bloodline
Spells [19]
4 Blood Crypt
2 Dragonskull Summit
3 Forest
2 Kessig Wolf Run
4 Overgrown Tomb
2 Rootbound Crag
3 Swamp
4 Woodland Cemetery
Lands [24]
SIDEBOARD
3 Appetite for Brains
3 Deathrite Shaman
1 Devil's Play
2 Golgari Charm
1 Rakdos Charm
2 Rakdos's Return
3 Underworld Connections
[/deck]

2nd place - William Yowell (2012 StarCity Open Standard - Dallas - 11/10)

[deck]

2 Deathrite Shaman
2 Olivia Voldaren
4 Thragtusk
Creatures [12]
3 Garruk, Primal Hunter
Planeswalkers [3]
2 Abrupt Decay
3 Bonfire of the Damned
4 Farseek
2 Rakdos Keyrune
4 Searing Spear
3 Sever the Bloodline
1 Slaughter Games
2 Ultimate Price
Spells [21]
4 Blood Crypt
2 Cavern of Souls
4 Forest
1 Kessig Wolf Run
1 Mountain
4 Overgrown Tomb
4 Rootbound Crag
4 Woodland Cemetery
Lands [24]
SIDEBOARD
1 Deathrite Shaman
3 Dreadbore
3 Duress
2 Liliana of the Veil
1 Olivia Voldaren
1 Rolling Temblor
2 Slaughter Games
2 Thundermaw Hellkite
[/deck]

5th Place, William Lavasque StarCityGames.com Invitational Qualifier on 11/25/2012

Creatures (10)

4 Thragtusk
2 Olivia Voldaren
Planeswalkers (6)

3 Garruk Relentless
3 Liliana of the Veil
Lands (21)

4 Forest
3 Mountain
2 Swamp
4 Blood Crypt
2 Kessig Wolf Run
4 Rootbound Crag
2 Woodland Cemetery
Spells (19)

2 Underworld Connections
2 Abrupt Decay
3 Ultimate Price
2 Bonfire of the Damned
2 Dreadbore
4 Farseek
1 Mizzium Mortars
3 Pillar of Flame
Sideboard

2 Silklash Spider
2 Vampire Nighthawk
2 Zealous Conscripts
2 Rakdos Charm
1 Olivia Voldaren
1 Vraska the Unseen
2 Flames of the Firebrand
3 Slaughter Games
[/deck]

1st place Josh Serano,  StarCityGames.com Invitational Qualifier on 10/7/2012

[deck]

Creatures (15)

3 Bloodgift Demon
3 Borderland Ranger
2 Desecration Demon
3 Huntmaster of the Fells
4 Thragtusk
Planeswalkers (4)

2 Garruk, Primal Hunter
2 Vraska the Unseen
Lands (24)

5 Forest
1 Mountain
1 Swamp
4 Blood Crypt
3 Kessig Wolf Run
4 Overgrown Tomb
3 Rootbound Crag
3 Woodland Cemetery
Spells (17)

3 Rakdos Keyrune
2 Auger Spree
3 Dreadbore
4 Farseek
3 Mizzium Mortars
2 Sever the Bloodline
Sideboard

2 Vampire Nighthawk
2 Zealous Conscripts
2 Golgari Charm
2 Rakdos Charm
1 Tribute to Hunger
1 Garruk, Primal Hunter
2 Rolling Temblor
1 Sever the Bloodline
2 Slaughter Games
[/deck]

2nd place, James Newman 2012 TCGplayer Open 5K - 12/2 Indy

[deck]

3 Huntmaster of the Fells
2 Olivia Voldaren
4 Restoration Angel
4 Thragtusk
Creatures [13]
2 Garruk, Primal Hunter
Planeswalkers [2]
2 Abrupt Decay
1 Bonfire of the Damned
4 Farseek
2 Mizzium Mortars
4 Rakdos Keyrune
3 Rakdos's Return
2 Sever the Bloodline
3 Ultimate Price
Spells [21]
4 Blood Crypt
2 Cavern of Souls
1 Kessig Wolf Run
4 Overgrown Tomb
4 Rootbound Crag
1 Sunpetal Grove
4 Temple Garden
4 Woodland Cemetery
Lands [24]
SIDEBOARD
1 Abrupt Decay
3 Centaur Healer
4 Deathrite Shaman
1 Dreadbore
1 Rakdos Charm
2 Silklash Spider
3 Slaughter Games
Sideboard [15]
[/deck]

Matchups - coming soon

Reanimator -

UWx -

Zombies - 

My decks: Jund Rock
This is my current list.

I played a similar version on FNM and went 4-1. I lost to a tempo based uwr deck. I was running Wolfir Avenger but found him pretty much useless except against the tempo deck. We saw almost no aggro decks which is why the Vampire Nighthawks are in the board. I do have some sweet tech against Thundermaw Hellkite and other flyers. Silklash Spider. It doesn't get tapped and it can block it and live. It was pretty awesome in my old Rock decks when it was printed in 9th. I just don't know what to take out, probably Vampire Nighthaw
I saw enough Senor Chang and Zombies and reanimator that maindeck Deathrite Shaman is the correct play. I am thinking of playing all 3 maindeck with Rakdos's Return only sideboard. Bonfire of the Damned is amazing but a 2/2 split with Mizzium Mortars seems way stronger. 

The worst part is that the I have no maindeck answers to Geist of Saint Traft except blockers and Bonfire of the Damned/Mizzium Mortars (overloaded.)

I have been experimenting with a build that uses haste heavily: Strangleroot Geist, Dreg Mangler, and Falkenrath Aristocrat as 4 ofs. I am also running 4 Thragtusk and 2 Olivia Voldaren. I don't much like Huntmaster or Pillar of Flame at the moment because of all the 3 toughness creatures. I do have three Pillar in the sideboard for zombies as well as 4 Deathrite Shaman for all Graveyard dependent decks. So far this approach has seemed very promising.
I have been experimenting with a build that uses haste heavily: Strangleroot Geist, Dreg Mangler, and Falkenrath Aristocrat as 4 ofs. I am also running 4 Thragtusk and 2 Olivia Voldaren. I don't much like Huntmaster or Pillar of Flame at the moment because of all the 3 toughness creatures. I do have three Pillar in the sideboard for zombies as well as 4 Deathrite Shaman for all Graveyard dependent decks. So far this approach has seemed very promising.

This looks a lot like mine. However, This is the wrong thread for discussing Jund. Please post your comments here: community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...
Check out my cube!
Show
My sig was so awesome it broke Browsers, [url= http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29455423/For_some_reason...]I had to remove it.[/url] Support Magic Fiction! Or Bolas will eat you
57193048 wrote:
You should never explain layers to people unless one of the following is true: they're studying for a judge exam, you're both in a Ben Affleck movie and it's the only way to save the world, or you hate them.
56663526 wrote:
We try to maintain the illusion that Magic cards are written in English.
56333196 wrote:
69511863 wrote:
Hell, if they steal from us, we'd be honored.
oh my god, AWESOME! Then changing the Slivers was your idea! haha lol
56734518 wrote:
Occassionally when catering, I've been put the task of arranging Fruit and Cheese or Grilled Vegetable platters. More than once a high class buffet has started with the mark of Phyrexia upon it. Since i've got a good eye for color so it looks great to people who don't get the "joke" (it's a niceley divided circle after all: the outline gives you 4-6 "regions" to work with), this has actually got me put on platter design more often, resulting in Phyrexia's presence at more private and industry events.
I have 6917 Planeswalker points, that's probably more than you. [c=Hero's Resolve]"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune, mana screw; they're all just ways of claiming your successes without claiming your failures." Gerrard of the Weatherlight[/c]
I decided I am going to continue to update this thread and post my discussions here until a mod takes any action. The point of this forum is for players to be able to look at the top decks and see what they look like without having to scroll through pages of random discussions. Feel free to post your thoughts here as well.
Also accepting suggestions for the opening post. What cards should be there?
I'm afraid that you aren't allowed to post here without permission from a VCL.

I decided I am going to continue to update this thread and post my discussions here until a mod takes any action. The point of this forum is for players to be able to look at the top decks and see what they look like without having to scroll through pages of random discussions. Feel free to post your thoughts here as well.

This hasn't been taken down yet because the VCL who usually monitors and deletes threads here is busy with IRL things at the moment.

Why does everyone think I'm phantom lancer? QFT:

Show
139359831 wrote:
I hope all this helps you to see things in a greater light—and understand that Magic: the Gathering was really created by extraterrestials using Richard Garfield as a medium. The game itself reflects the socio-psycho realtivity between living beings, and the science that takes precedence over them—to define reality for them all (like telekinesis, weather, scientific reaction, phenomenon, ingenuity, how the brain works, etc.). I'd also bet there is an entity floating thousands of miles above us, looking down on the current state of game, shaking its fist like... "Wtf are you doing?! You're getting it all screwed up!". Awkward—to be evolved, and yet still subject to the ladder that is the concepts of the game. In this case, misconception, corruption, and deception. With the realities of each color becoming distorted (through oblivious designers), leading the game to reflect a false state of reality that warps the understanding that other people have about those things. For example, people thinking that white could be anything except pure good. This shouldn't be too far off though, I mean...Magic is designed based on reality after all, so that entity (those entities) should be subject to those things. Anyways, I guess when you're busy doing space stuff you can't always be around to ensure quality control. It's no wonder they choose Garfield, they're so much alike; that's exactly what happened to him and Magic.
166199665 wrote:
omg snortng so much febbdelicious /intocixated in rl
You'd rather have a thread done by someone who is no longer a VCL (resigned shortly after creating these threads) and will never update the opening post?

I plan to upkeep this until it is no longer a relevant deck. I know I am tecjnically not supposed to post new threads here but technically you aren't supposed to post threads without decklists, card options, etc. As his will never get that, I decided to make a thread about a deck that I am passionate about and felt that others may feel the same disappointment about the state of that thread. I honestly believe a VCL will appreciate the work I put into this. You can keep telling me that I couldn't do this but I did. You can help make the original post better by making suggestions or you can start discussions or you can post in the other one but until this thread is deleted you can expect it to be updated.
You'd rather have a thread done by someone who is no longer a VCL (resigned shortly after creating these threads) and will never update the opening post? I plan to upkeep this until it is no longer a relevant deck. I know I am tecjnically not supposed to post new threads here but technically you aren't supposed to post threads without decklists, card options, etc. As his will never get that, I decided to make a thread about a deck that I am passionate about and felt that others may feel the same disappointment about the state of that thread. I honestly believe a VCL will appreciate the work I put into this. You can keep telling me that I couldn't do this but I did. You can help make the original post better by making suggestions or you can start discussions or you can post in the other one but until this thread is deleted you can expect it to be updated.

I wholly agree with the idea that anyone should be able to update the tournament center with any deck they feel is good enough.  That's why I put up my enchantment control thread.
I hate dogs.
I updated with 2 new decklists. These were some unique versions of the deck and thought they deserved some discussion.

in  William Lavasque's it was more controlish with a lot of removal and very few creatures and with Liliana and small Garruk. Also running only 21 lands seemed a little low.

in  Josh Serano's list he is running Desecration Demon and Bloodgift Demon. I thought this was pretty unique since nobody is playing these cards. Do you think they are actually viable or did he get lucky with the deck? 

In some of the new torunament reports it seems like Jund is not placing as high anymore. Do you think the deck is losing steam or are the other decks adapting better?

Jund has been doing well at my FNM and here is my newest list.

This guy has a well formated OP, decklists, and tournament results for said decklists.

I think Mono will consider it merely a technicality and let someone who eagerly wants to manage the thread hold it.

To be clear, this will be an exception since he did a great job putting this together. At the very least Mono will copy the OP into his. =) 

IMAGE(http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g424/syreal94/SIGNichecopy.png)

Fix your Forum Experience here: http://community.wizards.com/forum/new-site-feedback/threads/3925861

Boasts?

2011 States Top 4
Multiple 2013 IQ Top 4/8 Finishes
Designer of Top 8 States finishing MBC decks in 2011, 2010, and 2009 
Standard Forum - Iron Deck Builder Season One Champ

Favorite Quotes

"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance." - Laurence J. Peter 
"It is the province of knowledge to speak, and it is the privilege of wisdom to listen.” - Oliver Wendell Holmes

sigh... fine...

technicalities aside, why aren't people on more staff of nin?  amazing, amazing, amazing.

is pillar no longer needed?

has anyone actually played with silklash spider yet to see any results?

are thundermaw hellkites good in this lists still?

how relevant is (maindeck) deathrite shaman?  flash is dead, which seemed like the leading reason to consider maindecking it.

is bonfire worth running?  i mean, seriously?

why would anyone not want kessig wolfrun?

new to jund, looking for info                

Blue is the best color ever. How do you deal?  ------------------------------  Team GFG - "gulf, foxtrot, gulf" 

I produce Dubstep and House beats:

https://soundcloud.com/burning_forest

Best Pauper Deck in the format, not close:

http://community.wizards.com/content/forum-topic/2974646#comment-49713276

Photobucket

Deathrite still breaks frites a bit of work against zombies, just as GY hate.

And then there's the part where it can gain 2 life or shock the face every turn for only 1 mana.  People often forget that.
I hate dogs.
I think Bonfire is the correct card over Mizzium Mortars. I am still running some Mizzium Mortars. I see some people thinking Olivia Voldaren is not longer any good but I like her in almost every match up. Desecration Demon is ok, I used him when I didn't have all my huntmasters and he was a bomb but I'm not sure if he is actually any good. Deathrite Shaman is something to do early which is great. Before I started maindecking him I didn't do much early. If there were no farseeks or Keyrune I wouldn't do anything until turn four.  Besides it has swung games quite a bit in my favor. It is a threat on its own. I don't have any Wolf runs which is why I don't run them but I would still do a 1/1 split with Stensia Bloodhall. I like having a Stensia Bloodhall late game against control or against a stalled board. I have never boarded in my Silklash spiders because I have yet to need it but I can see it being really good.
Bonfire is at least a one-of. I'd be using 2 if I could afford it, but for now I'm using one Bonfire and some mizzium. 
IMAGE(http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a117/Nasrod/BigRedForumSigNostretch.jpg)
I posted in Mono's thread but there hasn't been any traffic there so I figured I would try here since there has been recent discussion. 
 First here is my first list, I got to test it some against a friends UWR Flash and also some GW aggro as well. I ran over the Flash Variant even after a Sphinx's revelation or two just because the sheer power of Kessig Wolf Run.

I have yet to build a sideboard because I want to test the deck first. 
If anyone can help me tune to my meta it be an awesome deck I'm sure. For reference my meta only had one zombies player in it last night and that was me. I myself played against 2 esper control, 1 American control, GW humans and Jund Midrange. It's worth noting though there was a huge percentage of GW aggro more than anything followed closely by variants of control.

I am not a big fan of Mizzium Mortars but maybe thats just because it hits only creatures. I do like Bonfire though and would consider more if I thought it was needed but the early game is kind of covered I think. 
Blue White CONTROL
i've been liking running a few sign in bloods in my deck.  the extra cards i get to see really have helped me pull ahead in games.  managed to squeeze in a daily event on MODO last night and somehow decided to play jund.  i beat some sort of esper flash deck, and UW flash deck, rakdos, but then lost to back-to-back nuts draws from a junk tokens deck.

anyways, this deck should definitly be playing card draw, it's basically a control deck, after all. 

Blue is the best color ever. How do you deal?  ------------------------------  Team GFG - "gulf, foxtrot, gulf" 

Photobucket

i've been liking running a few sign in bloods in my deck.  the extra cards i get to see really have helped me pull ahead in games.  managed to squeeze in a daily event on MODO last night and somehow decided to play jund.  i beat some sort of esper flash deck, and UW flash deck, rakdos, but then lost to back-to-back nuts draws from a junk tokens deck.

anyways, this deck should definitly be playing card draw, it's basically a control deck, after all. 

Sever the Bloodline and Bonfire of the damned should help in the tokens match.

My cards draw is in the form of Garruk, Primal Hunter and he has been doing some work for me in my matches.
What other ways if any does Jund have to draw cards?

So far I am liking my build its been really good for me thus far.
Anyone else see the 2nd place Jund list from SCG Baltimore? I'm liking the idea of Liliana of the veil in the deck. Slows down aggressive decks and robs the control and tempo decks of their CA. Sure we discards as well but sometimes that is just fine. 

@Burning_Forest. What does your list look like? If you don't mind sharing.  
Blue White CONTROL
liliana seems terrible.  i think the deck should already be good against about any of the various "sphinx's revelation.dec" matchups, so i don't care about the discard there.  against aggro, there are better options.  3 slaughter games means you never lose to control.

sigin in blood... is the only thing that i can think of and come back to.  it's another early play, or later can easily be played in a turn with another spell to get ahead on tempo.  personally, underworld connect is slow and clunky and the life can certainly add up.  it also ties up mana, which can be important in the midgame.  sign in blood is just quick and can easily be played on almsot any turn.  if i really care about the hardcore grinding draws, then i'll run a miser connection out of the board.  the other thought is to run triumph of ferocity, since this would be better against midrange keeping my life total up while still be relevant (usually) against control. 

my loss to tokens prompted me to buy a couple of bonfires and stick them in.  i'm running 2 bonfire and a mizzium main with another mizzium in the board.

i'll post my list, but i'm at work and don't have access to it exactly.  it's pretty stock, but i'm definitley more control oriented than beatdown (less creatures, 10 maindeck, i think and 3 SiB)

Photobucket

just saw this, how sweet looking is that 8th place list?
www.wizards.com/Magic/Digital/MagicOnlin...

certinaly a little rough around the edges, but i think there is certainly something there.  

Photobucket

I like the idea for triumph of ferocity. I'm not overly fond of paying 2 life right now. Though if its working for you it may be ideal to try. What are you cutting for SiB. 
Blue White CONTROL
based on most lists i see, apparently i'm cutting creatures.  i guess i also trim on excessive things here and there like removal.

while i agree that the 2 life can suck sometimes (like when you uptap a RAV land for the mana), the deck still plays 4 thrag and some number of huntmasters, so it isn't the end of the world.  other than rakdos or GW aggro, there aren't many matchups where the life loss will matter, especially considering the sizeable upside.

also, there have been times when i'll cut a SiB against fast aggro for more answer heavy maindecks.  but hitting one in a game is still probably going to be positive for winning.   

Photobucket

certinaly a little rough around the edges, but i think there is certainly something there.  

So... many... singletons. It's like "99 problems and Slaughter Games ain't one"

Anywho, Curse of Death's Hold is still a card and it still shaves 1/3rd of Geist's rofltarded damage output, makes most manadorks impossible to stick, and most importantly makes your dudes always bigger than their dudes.
IMAGE(http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af108/acatan/sigwynzermancopy.png) Signature by IMAGE(http://www.poke-amph.com/heartgoldsoulsilver/sprites/258.png)

Anywho, Curse of Death's Hold is still a card and it still shaves 1/3rd of Geist's rofltarded damage output, makes most manadorks impossible to stick, and most importantly makes your dudes always bigger than their dudes.

The 2nd place list is what catches my attention. 5 colors with Bolas, Griselbrand, Gisela and Garruk....what the hell is this thing >.<
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am a God."

The 2nd place list is what catches my attention. 5 colors with Bolas, Griselbrand, Gisela and Garruk....what the hell is this thing >.<

The moonwalking bear...

Also, why has everyone started posting on a completely redundant thread? 
I hate dogs.
 I think it was like a snowball effect. One or two of us started posting in here when it was obvious Mono's thread wasn't getting any traffic and the rest of us just followed. 
Blue White CONTROL
at this point, i forgot which was the original.... shame on me

Photobucket

What is everybody's thoughts on Desecration Demon and Bloodgift Demon for Jund?
 I don't like Desecration Demon all too much, but I could get behind testing Bloodgift Demon. Might be because I've liked him since his release.
Blue White CONTROL
I have liked both since they were spoiled yet couldn't find a deck for them. I honestly don't know what I would cut to add either in though. I like having a ton of answers and kill with my few creatures.
Everyone go back to the original thread, we can't let time_stopped get away with hijacking with such hubris.
I hate dogs.
Everyone go back to the original thread, we can't let time_stopped get away with hijacking with such hubris.

So doing something positive for the community is hijacking with hubris? This has been discussed to death and a long standing poster has agreed that this was a positive thing I have done. 

Serious question, why are you so attatched to a thread that will never get updated? Why is it so important that others follow you by posting in the other thread? I would say that you would be acting with hubris trying to get everybody back to the other thread. This is especially perplexing that you have not really added anything to the discussions (a few comments here and there) besides trying to get everybody back to the other thread. Why do you care where people post there discussions?
I added another decklist that took second with a white splash for Restoration Angel

I personally wouldn't want to add yet another color to the mix but it seemed to work for him. 
no, we still shouldn't just be adding new threads, this goes against the rules and is a waste.

you just clearly don't understand what the issues is here. 

Photobucket

So doing something positive for the community is hijacking with hubris? This has been discussed to death and a long standing poster has agreed that this was a positive thing I have done. 

Serious question, why are you so attatched to a thread that will never get updated? Why is it so important that others follow you by posting in the other thread? I would say that you would be acting with hubris trying to get everybody back to the other thread. This is especially perplexing that you have not really added anything to the discussions (a few comments here and there) besides trying to get everybody back to the other thread. Why do you care where people post there discussions?

Most likely because we now have 2 threads for the exact same archetype (which at this moment are literally right next to each other on the list of threads).

Instead of all the information and discussion being consolidated into a single thread, it is now spread out among two separate threads, making finding specific discussions and information more difficult since we now have to slog through 2 threads to find what we are looking for instead of one.

This is the entire reason why the Tournament Center is set up the way it is and has the rules it does. It prevents confusion and helps to keep things at least moderately organized.

While I commend you on your dedication to making sure this thread stays up to date, I dont at all believe it is necessary. There was already a thread made for this archetype before you created this thread, and although the opening post may never be updated (due to Mono being unable to be around due to RL issues), the people posting deck lists and discussions in the thread should be enough by itself to keep the thread accurately updated without the need of creating new threads that do nothing but clutter up with boards. The fact that this thread only has 3 more replies than the original should be proof of this.
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the night. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and therefore I am a God."
You may argue with me, but by now, this thread has already become a place of pointless bickering, devoid of useful discussion.  I don't have to defeat you in this argument, because, you see, I've already won.
I hate dogs.
Since this thread is 65% derping and technically illegitimate anyway, just go back to using the Jund thread.  The last entire page of this thread is dedicated to arguing about this thread.  Seriously, is this forum even freaking moderated?  I'd love to actually discuss Jund decks.  I have a list up in the Jund thread.  Head on over.

catowner wrote:
Welcome to 2012. Blue has the most efficient creatures, black has the all-in monocolored aggro deck, the most controlling deck in the format is green-red, control decks lose to aggro in attrition wars, and counterspells aren't an answer to fatties.
Islands wrote:
Pack Rat is like Bitterblossom and Tarmogoyf had a black baby.
Seriously, is this forum even freaking moderated? 

no.
Check out my cube!
Show
My sig was so awesome it broke Browsers, [url= http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29455423/For_some_reason...]I had to remove it.[/url] Support Magic Fiction! Or Bolas will eat you
57193048 wrote:
You should never explain layers to people unless one of the following is true: they're studying for a judge exam, you're both in a Ben Affleck movie and it's the only way to save the world, or you hate them.
56663526 wrote:
We try to maintain the illusion that Magic cards are written in English.
56333196 wrote:
69511863 wrote:
Hell, if they steal from us, we'd be honored.
oh my god, AWESOME! Then changing the Slivers was your idea! haha lol
56734518 wrote:
Occassionally when catering, I've been put the task of arranging Fruit and Cheese or Grilled Vegetable platters. More than once a high class buffet has started with the mark of Phyrexia upon it. Since i've got a good eye for color so it looks great to people who don't get the "joke" (it's a niceley divided circle after all: the outline gives you 4-6 "regions" to work with), this has actually got me put on platter design more often, resulting in Phyrexia's presence at more private and industry events.
I have 6917 Planeswalker points, that's probably more than you. [c=Hero's Resolve]"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune, mana screw; they're all just ways of claiming your successes without claiming your failures." Gerrard of the Weatherlight[/c]
Mission accomplished, the death star has been destroyed.
I hate dogs.
As I said before, I will update this for anybody that appreciates it. 

Is there a certain stock list that everyone agrees upon or does everyone feel differently about different lists? Trying to get an idea of what preference there is to building a Jund list. 
Blue White CONTROL