11/15/2012 PR: "Introducing the Standard Compendium"

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
This thread is for discussion of this week's Perilous Research, which goes live Thursday morning on magicthegathering.com.

My mythic-bashing cost-of-singles-grumbling half of me would love to see each of those decks priced, not necessarily as a snapshot so much as looking at the shape of magic over the coming months and years. My moans about cost are well documented, but I am equally curious as an academic exercise to see whether standard remains a static, dynamic, or rising cost as the cardpool increases.

However, as the first responder on the thread I think it would be churlish not to thank Jacob for such an exhaustive summary of the decks in standard. A lot of effort and a very helpful reference. Cheers!
My mythic-bashing cost-of-singles-grumbling half of me would love to see each of those decks priced, not necessarily as a snapshot so much as looking at the shape of magic over the coming months and years. My moans about cost are well documented, but I am equally curious as an academic exercise to see whether standard remains a static, dynamic, or rising cost as the cardpool increases.

However, as the first responder on the thread I think it would be churlish not to thank Jacob for such an exhaustive summary of the decks in standard. A lot of effort and a very helpful reference. Cheers!

I agree with this post on every level.

My advice to anyone wanting a competitive deck that isn't obscenely overpriced is to play good old RDW. Control always costs the premium in this game, but damn.
I want to be Cultured.
Yeah, RDW is definetly the way to go for a cheap competitive deck. The only real expensive card is the vexing devil

Also, loved this article
all of my randoms:
Show
I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.
Seriously? You guys remove a vast majority of MTGO's daily results, and you come up with this kind of article, and you call it a compendium? And you even finish with a "knowledge is power!"? The one thing I have learned from this article is that your communication/PR skills are abysmal.