The monk packet

Just wanting to double check to make sure I'm seeing everything correctly - the monk was the only addition, otherwise this is the exact same packet from 10/29 correct? If the monk is the only addition my printer will be relieved...if not, ugh I can't afford the ink and paper for all of this! 
Just print the monk pages then.  ;)
Dont forget the Maneuvers pages as well, those changed to include Monk stuff
Yep, just making sure that was all that was changed was the addition of the monk and the manuevers for them. I went through everything, but sometimes I like to have some form of confirmation to make sure I didn't miss anything. 
How can I download this new playtest packet? Normally, Wizards sens an email with a link and off I dutifully go and get the zip.... but not this time. First time I heard about the monk was on this forum. Should I just login and download the packet again?
The secret we should never let the gamemasters know is that they don't need any rules. -Gary Gygax
Search Dungeons and Dragons Next Playtest packet. Thats what I normally do.

I didn't realize the Monk got added. Awesome. 
Ant Farm
I've noticed this to, I'm usually around three weeks behind everyone else in getting the packet. This time I had the sign in page bookmarked and when I heard that people had monk stats I went and downloaded it. Still disappointed these e-mails get to be so late though
Okay, I feel like a big idiot . . . but where are the Ki abilities? I see where it says where they get them . . . but I can't find a description of them . . .
Okay, I feel like a big idiot . . . but where are the Ki abilities? I see where it says where they get them . . . but I can't find a description of them . . .

No need to feel dumb. They are on page 10 of the Classes packet. Easy to miss them because there are only two: Stunning Strike and Wholeness of Body
2 things here:

first, every packet comes with a sheet labeled "read first". this sheet summarizes all the changes that have been made in that iteration of the playtest so you can read quickly and easily what you need and what is that same.

second, every single PDF in the packet has a series of numbers in front of the file name. Those are not just randomly generated fun numbers, they are the date that the file was updated. SOOOOOO... you can quickly scan down those numbers and any that are more recent than your last packet... THOSE are the ones with changes!!!!!
Unfortunately they didn't update Read First.pdf to take the monk update into account. You're right about the second part, but if you're trying to minimize the number of pages printed then it can help to know exactly what has changed WITHIN a file (as opposed to just knowing what files have been changed).
Sign In to post comments