Well, I've been working on it since pre-release night and so far I've got it working pretty good.

23 posts / 0 new
Last post
Let me know what you think and if I can make it any better.
60 card deck

x1 Annihilating Fire
x2 Curse of Stalked Prey
x1 Hellrider
x1 Havengul Vampire 
x2 Dreadbore
x2 Deviant Glee
x2 Desecration Demon
x2 Falkenrath Marauders
x1 Ring of Valkas
x1 Ring of Xathrid
x2 Murder
x2 Vampire Nighthawk
x2 Traitorous Blood
x1 Rakdos, Lord of Riots
x2 Fling
x4 Ash Zealot
x2 Skeletal Grimace
x2 Markov Blademaster
x2 Searing Spear
x4 Rakdos Cackler
x2 Rix Maadi Guildmage

Lands:
x6 Mountains
x5 Swamps
x4 Rakdos Guildgates
x1 Blood Crypt
x2 Transguild Promenade
x2 Dragonskull summits

Sideboard:
x2 Rakdos Guildcharm
x1 Slaughter Games
x1 Havoc Festival

That's about all I have so far for sideboard.

Any help and advice would be helpful. Thanks.
What's the aim of your deck?
U should replace anMoho sting fire for pillar of flame.

A typical   trying to get somewhere in the Multiverse, allons-y?

DOCTOR WHO OOOOOOOOEEOOOOOOOO OOOOOOEEOOOOOOO (I'm weird, cant help it)

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:
I was browsing through some cards in gatherer and I noticed something really odd - the transforming cards from Innistrad like Mayor of Avabruck have separate comments and ratings for each side. Isn't that totally stupid? It feels as senseless as having two different pages for each side of a split card or having different pages for Nimble Mongoose with and without threshold.

56965528 wrote:
*mutters under his breath* Squinty's Wife: "What was that!?!?" Umm, I said.... umm..... ahhh.... *another smack upside the head* Squinty's Wife: "Care to try again?" *shakes head vigerously* Squinty's Wife: "That's better." ~SE++ *whimpering*

Current deck goals:

NON-AGGRO, NON-MONO RED deck (Not getting very far with it though)

Standard mono red deck for FNM next Friday

U must give us more details for your sideboard. What kind of decks do u normally play against? War cards give u problems? Provide us the info and then maybe we can help u!

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:
I was browsing through some cards in gatherer and I noticed something really odd - the transforming cards from Innistrad like Mayor of Avabruck have separate comments and ratings for each side. Isn't that totally stupid? It feels as senseless as having two different pages for each side of a split card or having different pages for Nimble Mongoose with and without threshold.

56965528 wrote:
*mutters under his breath* Squinty's Wife: "What was that!?!?" Umm, I said.... umm..... ahhh.... *another smack upside the head* Squinty's Wife: "Care to try again?" *shakes head vigerously* Squinty's Wife: "That's better." ~SE++ *whimpering*

Current deck goals:

What's the aim of your deck? U should replace anMoho sting fire for pillar of flame.

I was aiming for kind of a growing deck. I normally play against really fast agro, exalted, tokens, some life gain, and so far the hardest deck I've played against with it is a stuffy doll deck my girlfriend has made. I wanted to make it have a good early game and not give you time to let anything get out without being out of control by a late-game standard.
Ahh just like my RG werewolf deck can u help me with my deck too

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:

56965528 wrote:

Current deck goals:

For tokens are they med size 3/3 or soldier 1/1 or birds 1/1 flying?

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:

56965528 wrote:

Current deck goals:

Curse of the Nightly Hunt will make the exalted mechanic useless on your oppenents creatures.

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:

56965528 wrote:

Current deck goals:

Slaughter Games can get Stuffy Doll out of the game if that is your main problem. Hope this helps!

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:

56965528 wrote:

Current deck goals:

Slaughter Games can get Stuffy Doll out of the game if that is your main problem. Hope this helps!

I know, but what I was looking for was help making this deck faster while maintaining the idea of a growing danger.
But your deck has spells which go up to 6 mana. Fast decks mana costs are usually 1-4. Maulybe Vexing devil?

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:

56965528 wrote:

Current deck goals:

But your deck has spells which go up to 6 mana. Fast decks mana costs are usually 1-4. Maulybe Vexing devil?

The highest cost I have in the deck currently is Falkenrath Marauders and its a 5 cost for a 2/2 flying haste that gains 2 counters when it deals combat damage.
Havoc Festival...

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:

56965528 wrote:

Current deck goals:

Have u considered putting a few werewolfs in? Reckless Waif

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:

56965528 wrote:

Current deck goals:

Have u considered putting a few werewolfs in? Reckless Waif

Werewolves are only good if you can get them to transform and stay in werewolf which would require green in the deck.
Ok... I'm not giving a lot of good advice am I?
So the token deck do they focus on 3/3s or 1/1s?

Famous Quotes:

144543765 wrote:

56965528 wrote:

Current deck goals:

Does anyone know anything that might make this run smoother?
Please Autocard  to help us help you! [c]Ash zealot[/c]=Ash Zealot, [c=Ash zealot]Ashley[/c]=Ashley
This is what I'd keep from your deck.
x1 Annihilating Fire
x1 Hellrider
x2 Dreadbore
x2 Desecration Demon
x2 Murder
x2 Vampire Nighthawk
x1 Rakdos, Lord of Riots
x4 Ash Zealot
x2 Searing Spear
x4 Rakdos Cackler
x2 Rix Maadi Guildmage

Lands:
x6 Mountains
x5 Swamps
x4 Rakdos Guildgates
x1 Blood Crypt
x2 Dragonskull summits

I recommand a total of 22 or 23 lands. Dragonskull is cheap, and often more effective than the shock. I've left 23 cards from your deck, so I'll add 14 cards. lightning mauler speeds up a lot of your deck. pillar of flame is needed in this format. vampire nighthawk is hard to handle. Flames of the Firebrand does good work against other quick decks, and more burn is always good.

Try:
Lands: 23
x6 Mountains
x6 Swamps
x4 Rakdos Guildgates
x1 Blood Crypt
x4 Dragonskull summits

Creatures: 22
x4 lightning mauler
x1 Hellrider (Get more of him)
x2 Desecration Demon
x4 vampire nighthawk
x1 Rakdos, Lord of Riots (consider cutting)
x4 Ash Zealot
x4 Rakdos Cackler
x2 Rix Maadi Guildmage (Next on the cut list)

Other:
x4 pillar of flame
x3 Searing Spear
x3 Flames of the Firebrand
x4 Murder
x2 Dreadbore (you probably want more)
x1 Annihilating Fire (Consider cutting)

For Sideboard:
4x rakdos Keyrune (Lives through removal, and slows Thragtusk)
4x Rakdos Charm (All purpose)
4x slaughter games (It's cheap, and it's a major part of how a budget deck can win, name your opponent's hexproof guys, thragtusks or other wincons.)
3x Sever the bloodline (for tokens) 
Check out my cube!
Show
My sig was so awesome it broke Browsers, [url= http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29455423/For_some_reason...]I had to remove it.[/url] Support Magic Fiction! Or Bolas will eat you
57193048 wrote:
You should never explain layers to people unless one of the following is true: they're studying for a judge exam, you're both in a Ben Affleck movie and it's the only way to save the world, or you hate them.
56663526 wrote:
We try to maintain the illusion that Magic cards are written in English.
56333196 wrote:
69511863 wrote:
Hell, if they steal from us, we'd be honored.
oh my god, AWESOME! Then changing the Slivers was your idea! haha lol
56734518 wrote:
Occassionally when catering, I've been put the task of arranging Fruit and Cheese or Grilled Vegetable platters. More than once a high class buffet has started with the mark of Phyrexia upon it. Since i've got a good eye for color so it looks great to people who don't get the "joke" (it's a niceley divided circle after all: the outline gives you 4-6 "regions" to work with), this has actually got me put on platter design more often, resulting in Phyrexia's presence at more private and industry events.
I have 6917 Planeswalker points, that's probably more than you. [c=Hero's Resolve]"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune, mana screw; they're all just ways of claiming your successes without claiming your failures." Gerrard of the Weatherlight[/c]
That should run you less than $20, most of it in your sideboard. Good luck!
Check out my cube!
Show
My sig was so awesome it broke Browsers, [url= http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29455423/For_some_reason...]I had to remove it.[/url] Support Magic Fiction! Or Bolas will eat you
57193048 wrote:
You should never explain layers to people unless one of the following is true: they're studying for a judge exam, you're both in a Ben Affleck movie and it's the only way to save the world, or you hate them.
56663526 wrote:
56333196 wrote:
69511863 wrote:
56734518 wrote:
Occassionally when catering, I've been put the task of arranging Fruit and Cheese or Grilled Vegetable platters. More than once a high class buffet has started with the mark of Phyrexia upon it. Since i've got a good eye for color so it looks great to people who don't get the "joke" (it's a niceley divided circle after all: the outline gives you 4-6 "regions" to work with), this has actually got me put on platter design more often, resulting in Phyrexia's presence at more private and industry events.
I have 6917 Planeswalker points, that's probably more than you. [c=Hero's Resolve]"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune, mana screw; they're all just ways of claiming your successes without claiming your failures." Gerrard of the Weatherlight[/c]
Can you explain why Lightning Mauler, I never really saw the soulbond with haste to be really.. attractive in most cases and you'd why be cutting Rakdos? I used to run the guildmages but it did turn out that 2 suited my needs fairly well. I have been looking for more hellrider. I get most of all my cards from trades and packs. Only cards I haven't were given to me :P

I run 22 lands because when I ran 20 it just never seemed to get a flow. 24 is to much, 20 to little, so 22 just seems right. I didn't really like flames of the firebrand as its 3 mana for 3 damage, I've always prefered to try to look for things like searing spear and annihilating fire because its an instant form of pillar of flame.

Also, explain how the Keyrunes live through removal. I never liked them because right when you turn them into a creature someone can just use a kill or exile them or something of that nature and they don't feel worth the mana you must pump into them to work. 
Can you explain why Lightning Mauler, I never really saw the soulbond with haste to be really.. attractive in most cases and you'd why be cutting Rakdos? I used to run the guildmages but it did turn out that 2 suited my needs fairly well. I have been looking for more hellrider. I get most of all my cards from trades and packs. Only cards I haven't were given to me :P

I run 22 lands because when I ran 20 it just never seemed to get a flow. 24 is to much, 20 to little, so 22 just seems right. I didn't really like flames of the firebrand as its 3 mana for 3 damage, I've always prefered to try to look for things like searing spear and annihilating fire because its an instant form of pillar of flame.

Also, explain how the Keyrunes live through removal. I never liked them because right when you turn them into a creature someone can just use a kill or exile them or something of that nature and they don't feel worth the mana you must pump into them to work. 

1) Hasty Desecration demon. A lot of Standard's removal is Sorcery speed. Also, I think she's better than rakdos shred-freak, but don't be afraid to use her like him. Bonding with last turn's Crackler or her big sis isn't terrible.

2) Rakdos is akward. That's really his whole issue. The turn you'd play him in most games is right before you opponent wipes your board. His cost-cutting ability doesn't help you much, so he's generally worse than desecration demon.

3) 23 is an estimate, modify as needed.

4) you need some CA in your spells, becuase you opponent will get plenty of CA. Devil's Play is probably better than flames of the firebrand, but I was trying to avoid rares. Bonfire of the damned would be great, but it's probably out of the question.

5) Pillar's ability to fit around your other spells is a big benefit, most stuff you want to exile has 1, 2, or 5+ toughness. Zombies will be a major problem for you, and you'll want to handle their things fast. If you stick with Rakdos, Pillar lets you cast him onto an empty board easily, or set up a hasty Rakdos.

6) There's very little removal that effectively handles keyrunes. Most removal in this format is Sorcery speed, and ultimate price can't touch a keyrune. abrupt decay is a problem. The key thing is, Keyrunes survive terminus. Nothing else does. You should only activate it during your turn or your opponent's combat phase.
Check out my cube!
Show
57193048 wrote:
56663526 wrote:
56333196 wrote:
69511863 wrote:
56734518 wrote:
Would Bloodline Keeper be a good choice to throw in it? Or is it to off set because of its manacost and I may not be running enough vampires?
Would Bloodline Keeper be a good choice to throw in it? Or is it to off set because of its manacost and I may not be running enough vampires?

Sideboard vs. other aggro decks. An extra 2/2 each turn is worth a lot there,
Check out my cube!
Show
57193048 wrote:
56663526 wrote:
56333196 wrote:
69511863 wrote:
56734518 wrote:
Earlier I was playing against my girlfriends mono-black zendikar vampire deck, after I changed it was holding up but no matter what happened, I was always getting flooded just has her creatures were popping up so I couldn't ever win. So I changed it up tell me what you think.

x2 Havengul Vampire
x4 Rakdos Cackler
x1 Rakdos, Lord of Riots
x2 Rakdos Keyrune
x2 Vampire Nighthawk
x2 Desecration Demon
x1 Hellrider
x2 Markov Blademaster
x4 Ash Zealot
x2 Falkenrath Maraders
x2 Bloodline Keeper

Other spells