Dreadnought Cards - Refractive Crystal, Crystal Stronghold, Mindrend Tutor

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Refractive Crystal
Artifact
Refractive Crystal enters the battlefield tapped.
: Add one mana to your mana pool of any color of a permanent you control.
, sacrifice Refractive Crystal: For each color among permanents you control, add one mana of that color to your mana pool.

Crystal Stronghold
Land
Crystal Stronghold enters the battlefield tapped.
: Add one mana to your mana pool of any color of a permanent you control.

Mindrend Tutor
Sorcery
Target opponent searches your library for a card and exiles it face down.
Search your library for a card, reveal it, then put it into your hand. Shuffle your library.
A piece of the mind for another. 
IMAGE(http://images.community.wizards.com/community.wizards.com/user/dnsyndrome/c5c859c9e4845fed826f14fdac4df42d.jpg?v=90000)
Refractive Crystal
Artifact
, sacrifice Refractive Crystal: For each color among permanents you control, add one mana of that color to your mana pool.

Crystal Stronghold
Land

Mindrend Tutor
Sorcery
Search your library for a card, reveal it, then put it into your hand. Shuffle your library.

These are pretty neat! A bit OP though on these, especially the tutor. I'd up it to and make them take out 3 cards.
My latest set is in public beta! KOR - Kingdoms of Rabiah - Check it out! Like Uncle Istvan? Like Rabiah? Like Homelands? Then check out theScion's Parade of Planeswalkers Got Flavor? Throw it at me in my Gauntlet: theScion vs YMTC thread. Can the combined powers of YMTC defeat our favorite rainbow-faced card crafter?
Refractive Crystal
Artifact

Crystal Stronghold
Land

Mindrend Tutor
Sorcery

These are pretty neat! A bit OP though on these, especially the tutor. I'd up it to and make them take out 3 cards.

Yeah definitely, what does it matter if they take out one card if you have a playset of what you need in your deck. I'd make it 4 actually as to give them a chance to remove something completely, because tutoring for 1 is insane. Also, giving the opponent choice feels somewhat more blue than black.

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
Refractive Crystal is interesting. I've always liked Bloom Tender's ability.

Meteor Crater is already bad, since it doesn't do anything if you don't have any colored permanents. Your EtBT version should at least have the option to tap for colorless mana.

Mindrend Tutor is a cool idea, but I agree with theScion. It's just too powerful. 

IMAGE(http://steamsignature.com/status/default/76561197995631463.png) No longer a commander as of 7/29/13.

Have them search any number of cards with the same name and exile them. That way, you don't hose a Commander's answers to your Iona/Progenitus, but still retain enough utility to say "no Show and Tell for you!".
Psst...Outside of Vintage and EDH, nobody plays one-ofs.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Psst...Outside of Vintage and EDH, nobody plays one-ofs.

Oh I'm sorry. I was unaware that everyone adhered to the same deckbuilding principles, or even played the same format. How silly of me ...