Few things about ipad Magic 2013

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Excuse me if I'm missing something here but I see a lot of complains about not being able to create your own decks and all that but I can not find single complain about two even bigger problems. Sideboarding and matches that would allow multiple rounds. I find this game to be very shallow and pointless to play, entire strategy aspect was taken away... All I can play is single round matches, no sideboard, no round 2... So, am I missing something, is there some option that allow 2 win matches and sideboard or I should start working on refund?
Excuse me if I'm missing something here but I see a lot of complains about not being able to create your own decks and all that but I can not find single complain about two even bigger problems. Sideboarding and matches that would allow multiple rounds. I find this game to be very shallow and pointless to play, entire strategy aspect was taken away... All I can play is single round matches, no sideboard, no round 2... So, am I missing something, is there some option that allow 2 win matches and sideboard or I should start working on refund?

You're right that Duels only provides you with single games instead of the "best 2 out of 3" matches that some Magic players are used to in other formats. Often when playing online, though, players will remain in a game lobby if they have time and want to play another match, so multiple games aren't uncommon.

Duels of the Planeswalkers is a digital representation of Magic the Gathering, but it's geared towards a slightly more streamlined experience and a different way of modifying decks. The main focus of the game is progressing through the campaigns and unlocking new cards & decks.  With that in mind, there aren't really "sideboards" in the game. You just unlock cards for the different decks and customize them between games to experiment with different strategies.

That said, each Duels iteration gets a little bit closer to paper Magic (for instance with the introduction of the "End Step" in Duels 2013) as the franchise evolves and the design team comes up with better ways to present more complicated aspects of the game to newer players (there are a lot of players that may not have ever played a game of Magic before getting Duels of the Planeswalkers). They're always open to ideas on that front.

Sean Gibbons

Associate Community Manager

Official MTG Twitter: @Wizards_Magic Official MTGO Twitter: @MagicOnline

Sign In to post comments