4 - [C]Drowned Catacomb[/C]
2 - [C]Isolated Chapel[/C]
4 - [C]Plains[/C]
5 - [C]Island[/C]
2 - Swamp
2 - Azorius Guildgate
1 - Vault of the Archangel

This is the current deck list.

IMAGE(http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/5.jpg)

Pack Rats would probably be pretty good. Does anyone have any experience with it outside of draft?
Also, I was able to grab two Glacial Fortress. They def help a lot, and need two more.
I've had decent success with this build, and would like suggestions. 
Ok, I've been having a lot of success with this deck. Me and a friend of mine did a big trade today and I was able to improve this deck a lot.

Creatures:

2 - Augur of Bolas
2 - Restoration Angel
3 - Snapcaster Mage

Planeswalkers:

2 - Sorin, Lord of Innistrad
1 - Liliana of the Veil

Other Spells:

4 - Lingering Souls 
2 - Talrand's Invocation
2 - Midnight Haunting 
2 - Azorius Charm
2 - Syncopate
2 - Forbidden Alchemy 
2 - Ultimate Price 
2 - Entreat the Angels 
1 - Negate 
4 - Intangible Virtue 
1 - Oblivion Ring 
2 - Favorable Winds
2 - Detention Sphere

Lands:

4 - Glacial Fortress
4 - Isolated Chapel

4 - Drowned Catacomb 
5 - Plains 
5 - Island

I was able to get my hands on some Glacial Fortress and it helps a lot with casting. Another Entreat the Angels is pretty big also. I'm still not too sure about Liliana. She's def helped me win games, but sometimes I get stuck with her in my hand. The Detention Sphere helps a lot with removal (obviously.)
Bump. I really need feedback. I plan on playing this tonight in a tournament.
I would drop Liliana. While she adds some control, you don't have anything you are "happy" to throw to her plus, in addition to no draw to counter balance it. And her minus isn't very good right now because you'll rarely see a board state with only 1 creature on Turn 3.
I get that Restoration Angel is here to get even more value out of your Snapcaster and Augur but that's running 3 cards that literally only work with 5 other ones in the entire deck. I think if you're smart about your Snapcaster targets, you shouldn't need the Angels. I say 4 Augur. Augur is also really good at slowing down aggro decks like Zombies and Humans which will help you survive and stabalize turn 4/5.
I really like Talrand's Invocation, I say 4 of.
Azorius Charm isn't really needed. I feel can-trips are unnecessary in a non-control deck.
Entreat the Angels is really good. No doubt about that. But I think 2 is too many. Have 2 of a card that's really only "good" when miracled gives the deck a "pray-and-draw". i.e. I think the deck should be about killing them with beefed up spirits and Entreat is just a "hey I miracled this, if you don't board wipe I win" but with 2 it's more spirits are there to stall untill you miracle entreat.

Lastly, 2 Vault of the Archangel.

EDIT: I was looking at some lists and I found none of them run Isolated Chapels. Run them until you can get some Hallowed Fountains, but after that, drop them. The deck doesn't need that many black sources I believe.

Also a little trick up my sleeve I'd consider for the sideboard is a single Army of the Damned just for lols.
Ok, I've been having a lot of success with this deck. Me and a friend of mine did a big trade today and I was able to improve this deck a lot.

Creatures:

2 - Augur of Bolas
2 - Restoration Angel
3 - Snapcaster Mage

Planeswalkers:

2 - Sorin, Lord of Innistrad
1 - Liliana of the Veil

Other Spells:

4 - Lingering Souls 
2 - Talrand's Invocation
2 - Midnight Haunting 
2 - Azorius Charm
2 - Syncopate
2 - Forbidden Alchemy 
2 - Ultimate Price 
2 - Entreat the Angels 
1 - Negate 
4 - Intangible Virtue 
1 - Oblivion Ring 
2 - Favorable Winds
2 - Detention Sphere

Lands:

4 - Glacial Fortress
4 - Isolated Chapel

4 - Drowned Catacomb 
5 - Plains 
5 - Island

I was able to get my hands on some Glacial Fortress and it helps a lot with casting. Another Entreat the Angels is pretty big also. I'm still not too sure about Liliana. She's def helped me win games, but sometimes I get stuck with her in my hand. The Detention Sphere helps a lot with removal (obviously.)

Restauration angel is a good card, but doesn't synergize with this deck.
Yeah, I'd drop the Liliana, the entreats and the Restoration Angels for another couple of Augur, another couple of either Invocation or Midnight Haunting to taste(or maybe up to 3 of both?), and another Sorin if you have one. Another Detention Sphere or Syncopate if you don't.
I want to be Cultured.
Ok, the decklist is currently:

Creatures:

4 - Snapcaster Mage
4 - Augur of Bolas

Other Spells:

4 - Intangible Virtue
4 - Lingering Souls
4 - Thought Scour
3 - Talrand's Invocation
3 - Midnight Haunting
2 - Runechanter's Pike
2 - Unsummon
2 - Azorius Charm
2 - Dissipate
2 - Ultimate Price
1 - Essence Scatter
1 - Syncopate

Lands:

2 - Swamp
4 - Plains
4 - Island
4 - Drowned Catacomb
4 - Glacial Fortress
2 - Azorius Guildgate
2 - Isolated Chapel 

Playing the Azorius Guildgate until I'm able to get Hallowed Fountain. I haven't been able to test this build yet, but I think I'll miss the Forbidden Alchemy which I ran in the original build. 
I am considering taking out the Azorius Charm altogether and adding the Forbidden Alchemy or Tragic Slip.
Sorin is pretty good, why'd you take him out?

Why does everyone think I'm phantom lancer? QFT:

Show
139359831 wrote:
I hope all this helps you to see things in a greater light—and understand that Magic: the Gathering was really created by extraterrestials using Richard Garfield as a medium. The game itself reflects the socio-psycho realtivity between living beings, and the science that takes precedence over them—to define reality for them all (like telekinesis, weather, scientific reaction, phenomenon, ingenuity, how the brain works, etc.). I'd also bet there is an entity floating thousands of miles above us, looking down on the current state of game, shaking its fist like... "Wtf are you doing?! You're getting it all screwed up!". Awkward—to be evolved, and yet still subject to the ladder that is the concepts of the game. In this case, misconception, corruption, and deception. With the realities of each color becoming distorted (through oblivious designers), leading the game to reflect a false state of reality that warps the understanding that other people have about those things. For example, people thinking that white could be anything except pure good. This shouldn't be too far off though, I mean...Magic is designed based on reality after all, so that entity (those entities) should be subject to those things. Anyways, I guess when you're busy doing space stuff you can't always be around to ensure quality control. It's no wonder they choose Garfield, they're so much alike; that's exactly what happened to him and Magic.
166199665 wrote:
omg snortng so much febbdelicious /intocixated in rl
I would cut a couple of Thought Scour for Forbidden Alchemy before cutting any Azorius Charm. The card is nuts, and trading down to Tragic Slip is DEFINITELY a mistake. That card isn't anywhere near as powerful as it was before RTR, especially in a deck like this where you don't really have many ways to get a kill.

And I agree with the other poster, why did you drop Sorin? I'm not having a pop btw, just asking. He's a pretty big thing to cut... I assume it was because you wanted to go the Runechanters Pike route and needed to cut things that weren't instants/sorceries?
I want to be Cultured.
Yeah, I cut Sorin for the Runechanter's Pike and more instants/sorceries. Maybe cut 2 Thought Scour for 2 Forbidden Alchemy? They both end up filling up my graveyard for the Pike.
I think you want Sorin here over pike.  Pike is good to stick one or two threats and protect with counterspells while filling the yard with cantrip spells. You have more mass tokens so the +1/+1 enchantments and sorin's -2 seem better.
Ok, well if I'm going to play Sorin, Lord of Innistrad over Runechanter's Pike, then I'm going to cut the 4 Thought Scour and add 4 Forbidden Alchemy.
Take out a few anthems- Token producers and removal should get priority over anthems as dropping spells that split into multiple cards forces you to play the longer game. Sorin is great because he gives you an Anthem option without having to consume a whole card to do so.

A source of draw better than Azorius Charm is also fairly recommended- and sideboarded anti-counters like Negate and Dispel to punch through tempo decks would be nice.
IMAGE(http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af108/acatan/sigwynzermancopy.png) Signature by IMAGE(http://www.poke-amph.com/heartgoldsoulsilver/sprites/258.png)
22 lands seems a little bit light. Other then that, I have one major suggestion for you. One of the best, and most underrated cards in Standard right now: Underworld Connections. When you can use Azorius Charm, Sphinx's Revelation, and Vault of the Archangel to stabilize in the mid/late game, paying a measly 1 life and a tapped land for a card draw is HUGE.
22 lands seems a little bit light. Other then that, I have one major suggestion for you. One of the best, and most underrated cards in Standard right now: Underworld Connections. When you can use Azorius Charm, Sphinx's Revelation, and Vault of the Archangel to stabilize in the mid/late game, paying a measly 1 life and a tapped land for a card draw is HUGE.

I just picked up one Vault of the Archangel today, so that should put me at 23 lands. Underworld Connections does seem pretty legit in a U/B deck, but I'm worried it would clutter my deck with too many 3 drops. Most of my token producing cards ideally happen on turn 3 and 4.

I just picked up one Vault of the Archangel today, so that should put me at 23 lands. Underworld Connections does seem pretty legit in a U/B deck, but I'm worried it would clutter my deck with too many 3 drops. Most of my token producing cards ideally happen on turn 3 and 4.

Yes, I suppose it doesn't really have a spot in the curve - and maybe not in the deck at all. I just thought I'd put in my 2c - Underworld Connections is legit. 
Bump. Edited original deck list.
I would lose the essence scatter for a Syncopate. That card seems like something that shouldn't be a 1-of.
I want to be Cultured.
Sign In to post comments