greeny

14 posts / 0 new
Last post

Creature - Forp
Shroud
~ cannot be countered or discarded.
~ can block creatures as though they had no abilities.
~ is unafected by deathtouch.
4/4

Creature - Forp
Shroud
3/3

Creature - Forp
Shroud
: Add a +1/+1 counter to target Forp.
1/1

Creature - Forp
Shroud
Vigilance
3/3
They can block unblockable things, but not things with flying, intimidate, etc.? 
Cards that players can't interact with are not fun.
I was counting intimidate as being a sort of unblockable, is there a better more general way of wording this?

I'm not sure about flying.

Are they weak enough to compensate for their lack of interactivity?
I was counting intimidate as being a sort of unblockable, is there a better more general way of wording this?

I'm not certain, but I'd go with
"~ can block creatures as though they had no abilities". If I'm correct, it won't affect anything other than what it can be declared as blocking. I could be wrong however.

Are they weak enough to compensate for their lack of interactivity?

Being weak doesn't make things fun.

There's no reason to make them undiscardable, and immune to deathtouch. Uncounterable is okay, green gets that reasonably often; and it doesn't effect their use as blockers.
Thanks, I've gone with your wording and made some other adjustments.

They are however very green.

Yeah, maybe there just not that good an idea.

Won't someone show them some love?
Thanks, I've gone with your wording and made some other adjustments.

They are however very green.

Yeah, maybe there just not that good an idea.

Won't someone show them some love?

I don't think immunity to deathtouch is green. Remember, deathtouch is a green/black mechanic. Green is one of its two colours.

Invulnerability on a green creature? Happens. Regenerate? Definitely. But "immune to deathtouch" is just an arbitrary hosing of the mechanic in a colour that gets that mechanic. In white I could see the justification, but not in green. 
Immune to deathtouch was as part of the invulnerable but weak feel to the creature. Again, there could be a more general way of putting it, I do want them to be able to take -1/-1 counters like wither as well as normal damage.

I've given them a creature type and made them more like a group.

How about "~ does not observe abilities of creatures." instead of "~ can block creatures as though they had no abilities." and "~ is unafected by deathtouch."?
They can block unblockable things, but not things with flying, intimidate, etc.? 

Depends. Anything that gets unblockable from Whispersilk Cloak, Goblin Tunneler, and Artful Dodge wouldn't be blocked as the unblockability isn't from an ability on the creature. This also applies to Treetop Bracers.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Interesting, if it "Is unblockable" this turn, does it have the ability "Unblockable." this turn.

So Goblin Tunneler could work, the others don't get past Shroud.
Tap: remove target attacking creature from combat. Target creature receives damage equal to Forp's power. Forp recieves damage equal to target creatures power

applied fore a job at wizards 7-14-2014

hasbro didn't respond

Lestat the Musical: I want more
Nice, maybe there could even be a trigger instead of so this occurs at the correct time. Gets round the arbitrary deathtouch issue and could make it all one ability.
Interesting, if it "Is unblockable" this turn, does it have the ability "Unblockable." this turn.

So Goblin Tunneler could work, the others don't get past Shroud.

Shroud's not an evasion ability.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Oh yeah, I think I may have been reading it the wrong way around.