Sneak of Shadows MC + Slaying Action

5 posts / 0 new
Last post

Am I interpreting this combo correctly as being able to use the sneak attack twice as part of an Action Point Nova? (formatting is wierding out on me, apologies for the bold)

Sneak of Shadows [Multiclass Rogue]

Prerequisite: Dex 13
Benefit: You gain training in the Thievery skill.
    Once per encounter, you can use the rogue’s Sneak Attack class feature.

Slaying Action

Heroic Tier
Prerequisite: Rogue, Sneak Attack class feature
Benefit: If you spend an action point to take an extra action and have already dealt Sneak Attack damage during this round, you can deal the extra damage a second time during this turn.

Yes a multiclassed Rogue character that already dealt Sneak Attack damage during a round can deal  it again with Slaying Action.
It's probably worth noting, however, that this is a legitimately dreadful way to spend a feat. +2/4/6d6 once every 2 encounters is awful.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
It's less bad for use in organized play such as LFR, however, as the bulk of those modules alternate social encounters/skill challenges with combat, such that you wind up with an action point for every combat. In such cases, it's no better or worse than the first 1/enc sneak attack feat.

Battlefield Archers also get 1/enc minimum, but they're pretty feat-starved, and measure damage by the hundreds rather than d6s.
It's a lot worse, actually, because it doesn't come with a skill training and a new class for the purposes of prerequisites.

If a Battlefield Archer is using a sneak attack weapon, he's doing it wrong (the exception being Elves using Treetop Sniper (IIRC that's the name of the feat)).

It's not an awful feat, I suppose, if you literally can't think of ANYTHING else to take, but you should be able to think of something else to take...
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
Sign In to post comments