Your thots: Brain Freeze or Grapeshot

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Im making a deck with Vedalken Archmage  and ither Brain Freeze or Grapeshot.
The deck list:

4   Vedalken Archmage 
4   Brain Freeze or Grapeshot
4   Lotus Bloom
2   Mox Opal
4   Memnite
4   Ornithopter
1   Sol Ring
1   Lotus petal
4   Dark Sphere
4   Phyrexian Walker
4   Shield Sphere
4   Tormod's Crypt

Lands:

4 to 8   Fech lands for Blue and/or Red lands
and a mix of 12 to 16   Island and/or Mounten 

for the sideborg... not shour yet.

So what do you guys think?

I like it. I think you should have Frogmite or Myr Enforcer to help with the artifact cause. You need a playset of Sol Ring and a playset of Lotus Petal. Take out the Lotus Bloom in extange for three more Lotus Petal and one more Sol Ring. Replace two Dark Sphere with two more Sol Ring.

Also, for the mana base, consider Tolarian Academy.

Hope this helped!!Smile 

I'd go grapshot just incase they have something like Blightsteel Colossus that will stop the brainfreeze.

<----- Loser.

Or sideboard Bribery
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
I like it. I think you should have Frogmite or Myr Enforcer to help with the artifact cause. You need a playset of Sol Ring and a playset of Lotus Petal. Take out the Lotus Bloom in extange for three more Lotus Petal and one more Sol Ring. Replace two Dark Sphere with two more Sol Ring.

Hope this helped!! 

I made this deck with vintage format, but In what format can you have 4 Sol Ring

Hope this helped!! 

I made this deck with vintage format, but In what format can you have 4 Sol Ring

Oh, Sol Ring is restricted? Sorry, didn't know. But you should put some affinity cards in too, it would help with the artifact count 

Hope this helped!! 

Oh, Sol Ring is restricted? Sorry, didn't know. But you should put some affinity cards in too, it would help with the artifact count 

thers only 8 cards that arnt artifacts and thos that are cost 0 or 1so thats 32 artifact in all, what other cards can I add? not much I thing exept the 5 mox and a black lotus 

Hope this helped!! 

Sol Ring might be even more broken than a mox, honestly.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Brainfreeze, you're already in blue, so unless you want to splash Red and run Volcanic Island / Steam Vent to enable Grapeshot without hampering the double blue of Archmage, you're best bet would probably to just do mono.

Lotus Bloom might be too slow for your needs.  Krark-Clan Ironworks maybe?  If could set you up with a nice draw / storm engine with a pair of Myr Retriever.  Sac A Retriever to get back a cracked Petal, play another Retriever and then just build up your storm count.  Replay Petal, crack it and you now have a lethal storm count and the mana to case your finisher.  Not a bad back up plan.
My Decks
Standard: BR Aggro Burn RDW Modern: Dragon Stompy Burn Fae Tempo Zoo Cherrios Legacy: Zoo Dragon Stompy Pauper: Slivers Landfall EDH: Sliver Overlord
1000th post on 2-1-10. 5000th post on 1-21-13.
Sign In to post comments