[contest] Let them eat cake

77 posts / 0 new
Last post
Make a card to celebrate me almost making it around the sun once again.

Criteria: Most of you know what I like, so you know...make me something I'll like. Mown almost always makes cards I like, so be better than him.

Contest ends on the 13th which is my life anniversary thingy.
Well, how nice of you. I'll repay the favor by giving your contestants the baseline then.
Not that I really know what you like, to be honest.

Duskflower Thief
Creature - Human Rogue
Whenever ~ attacks, defending player taps an untapped permanent he or she controls.
The scent of moonpetals is an often used way of experiencing your dreams.
2/1

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

Rats! I have no idea of what you like, either. Speaking of...

Crumbeater
Creature - Rat
When ~ enters the battlefield, target opponent discards a card.
Whenever a player discarded a card, put a 1/1 Black Rat token into play.
Sometimes screaming and jumping onto the nearest table is really the most rational decision.
1/1
Rats! I have no idea of what you like, either.

Cool, me neither.
Safety Pants  
Arifact - Equipment
When Safety Pants enters the battlefield name a color. Safety Pants are that color. 
Equipped creature gets +0/+1 and has "Equipment attached to this creature gain hexproof."
Equip
"Dun dun dun  du dun du dun  dun dun." 
False Cake

Creature-Brownie
Whenever False Cake deals combat damage to an opponent, draw a card.
: False Cake is unblockable this turn.
The cake is a lie.
1/3
Show
144902215 wrote:
Sometimes I imagine what Cisnero's life must be like. I imagine cargo pants - every pocket stuffed with coins. I imagine him (I almost said "him or her" but then I decided his gender with through the randomization of a small metal disk) - I imagine him, shopping, purchasing food, choosing which spot to park in, all through this meticulous flipping process. I imagine him asking a girl out, taking her to have a drink or whatever and then asking if she wants to play this fun game. When she responds "Sure." he removes a single quarter from one of his jingling pockets. Then proceeds to flip it repeatedly while she calls it - until she is able to make up an excuse to leave. Will he respond to this post? Only if the Chaotic Gods of Copper and Nickel deem it so. Someday many years from now, in the Dystopian future world, I'll ride my Billy Idol Unicycle past a bedraggled slumbub - He'll be clad in armor made all of the (now worthless) coins of yesterdecade. He'll grin a shiny grin at me as he flips another coin - and I'll know who it was. How could I not?
Collateral Damage
Sorcery

Target opponent sacrifices a creature at random.

Davor sighed as the wave annihilation swept across him. Sure, they were nigh-omnipotent gods who spared him nary a thought, and his entire town was barely a speck to them, but did they have to kill him on his birthday?

You haven't made it yet.
Gridmaster Official Denizen of YmtC || My Lair Diraden, a set by me
Cake

Artifact
Cake enters the battlefield with 3 slice counters.
At the beginning of each upkeep add a germ counter.
, Remove a slice counter: If Cake has three or more germ counters, then a target player looses 2 life, otherwise you gain 4 life.
Whenever a planeswalker enters the battlefield, if Cake has three or more germ counters, remove a loyalty counter from that planeswalker, otherwise add a loyalty counter instead. Remove all slice counters from this Cake.

Contest ends on the 13th which is my life anniversary thingy.

Hey - mine is the 14th. Crackers.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
I tried to get you some cake but it didn't work out...

GLADOS
Legendary Artifact Creature - A.I.
:T:, Sacrifice a creature: Look at the top five cards of your library. You may put an artifact card revealed this way into your hand, put the rest into your graveyard.
“That way the science gets done and you make a neat gun...”
2/5

I posted this before but I don't care if that disqualifies me or whatever. (Is this a contest?)
Destructive Match

Instant

Set target card on fire.

It's better than woodfall primus! 
GM_cats_and_pablo
Legendary Creature - Horror Cat Wizard
Prompt: Bands with emblems.
Protection from non-cats.
Exile 6 cards you own outside the game: target creature fights itself.
2/6

I don't know what I'm doing

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
Birthday Buffet
Sorcery (R)
Choose one: Target creature gets +5/+5 and gains trample until end of turn, or you gain 10 life, or exile a random card from your deck. You may play that card without paying it's mana cost this turn.
Preparing for the M14 Prerelease - New article up! IN THE TANK - my very own blog for rambling about Magic!
GM_cats_and_pablo
Legendary Creature - Horror Cat Wizard
Prompt: Bands with emblems.
Protection from non-cats.
Exile 6 cards you own outside the game: target creature fights itself.
2/6

I don't know what I'm doing

I'm the wizard? Awesome. Am I also the "Exile 6 cards" ability? I don't think I'd make that, but cute. I assume I'm also the toughness of six, cause I'm so tough. Also, I'm so not in the Kevin and Cats club anymore. I'm decidedly sticking w/girls that I know in real life.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
C'est Un Cadeau 
Artifact
, , sacrifice C'est Un Cadeau: target opponent shuffles their library then reveals the top card.  If it's a permanent then put it onto the battlefield under your control and the flavour text for this card is "Ahhh, you shouldn't have!". Otherwise put the card into its owners graveyard and this cards flavour text is "Oh well, it was the thought that counts."

Quotes: 

Show
magicpablo666 wrote:
These cards are Ball Tightening.
I_forget_who_dammit wrote:
Perfect originality is overrated and often ugly. The best and most beautiful cards I've ever seen were clearly inspired by something else. Cards are not entirely unlike living organisms in this regard. All the good ones are a result of long evolution; the 'original' ones are either monocellular or mutant aberrations.
ColonialDragons wrote:
The weird part is reaching over the table, grabbing a card from their hand, and just staring slowly back at them, awkwardly, as you slide their voice of resurgence slowly into your pants.
magicpablo666 wrote:
Graveborn are strictly better than Zombies. I mean, look at that wicked beard. You try growing that when your dead. And I know aging fellows who are suffering from Male Pattern Baldness, who would kill for a Mop like Ribsy's over there.
magicpablo666 wrote:
Hey Dudibus, I can't take you seriously until you take your shirt off!
cats_and_me wrote:
I'm just stating what I think is their opinion! :/
In the spirit of birthdays, how about some baby animals.

Hungry Pup
Creature - Bat (U)
If you would gain life, you may instead transform ~.
Spare him a few drops...
1/1
//////
Bloodseeking Terror
() Creature - Bat
Flying, lifelink
...and his gratitude will sate you.
2/2

Curious Cub
Creature - Cat (U)
If you would draw a card, you may instead transform ~.
The young have much to learn...
1/1
//////
Seasoned Hunter
() Creature - Cat
Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, draw a card.
...and the elders have much to teach.
3/3

That's all I got though, no complete cycle yet.
Yearly Tribute
Enchantment
Seasonal - Whenever a land enters the battlefield, if the total number of lands on the battlefield is divisible by four, you may draw a card.
Seasons come and seasons go,
bring the corn and bear the fruit.

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

[spoiler MLP]Congratulations, you've found My Lie Policy: Only when i'm prompted, i might lie. (policy still in the refinement process.) [/spoiler] [spoiler I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.]I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
Unopened Gifts
Artifact

,, Sacrifice Unopened Gifts: Shuffle your library. Exile the top four cards of your library face down. Target opponent chooses two of those cards. Put the chosen cards into your graveyard and the rest into your hand.

Not knowing is half the fun.

I am Blue/Black
I am Blue/Black
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both selfish and rational. I'm scheming, secretive and manipulative; I use knowledge as a tool for personal gain, and in turn obtaining more knowledge. At best, I am mysterious and stealthy; at worst, I am distrustful and opportunistic.

Hillbilly Jim
Legendary Creature — Wrassler
~'s converted mana cost is increased by 1 for each +1/+1 counter on it.
~ can't be targeted or dealt damage by permanents with a lower converted mana cost.
3/4

IMAGE(http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/1/1c/Spr_4p_389.png)

That's pretty difficult, but it's also possible to win by posting the card that you dislike the least, right?

Painweaver -
Creature - Human Wizard
Whenever Painweaver is dealt combat damage by a creature, reveal that many cards from the top of your library. You may cast a card revealed this way targeting that creature. Put all other cards on the bottom of your library in any order.
3/2
Yearly Tribute
Enchantment

Seasonal - Whenever a land enters the battlefield, if the total number of lands on the battlefield is divisible by four, you may draw a card.
Seasons come and seasons go, bring the corn and bear the fruit.

Excellent. This could be also perhaps.
We have to start with the singing in about 12 hours, right?
Only if you want to win
Only if you want to win

Some of us won't even get a fair chance.

IMAGE(http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/1/1c/Spr_4p_389.png)

I will start singing now and sing for 12 hours. how about that?

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupry

[spoiler MLP]Congratulations, you've found My Lie Policy: Only when i'm prompted, i might lie. (policy still in the refinement process.) [/spoiler] [spoiler I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.]I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
Good job
Gifts of Age

Enchantment - Aura

Enchant creature
At the beginning of your upkeep, draw a card.

"Becoming an Elder is not easy. It cannot be done in one day. It takes a lifetime."
"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Chaoslight, happy birthday to you!" Everybody, sing along! ^.^
Fickle Wisher
Creature - Shapeshifter
Fickle Wisher is a copy of the top card of your library. (Face down cards are 2/2 creatures)

"It wants what it sees. And it sees what it wants."

0/1

Hope you get what you want. Hope you like my cheesy YMtC birthday card. Oh, glob, it gave me tingles to type that.

139359831 wrote:
Wish -
Sorcery
~ can't be countered.
You can cast ~ only on your birthday.
Choose any number of cards you or any of your friends own from outside the game and reveal them. Then, cast them without paying their mana cost. 
"It's my birthday, I can do anything I want."

Happy Life Anniversary.
Show
I am Red/White
I am Red/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both chaotic and orderly. I value my own principles, and am willing to go to extreme lengths to enforce them, often trampling on the very same principles in the process. At best, I'm heroic and principled; at worst, I'm hypocritical and disorderly.
happy birthday!
(still singing : P)

i said it early coz' i have to sleep. who knows, it might be already late if you are from the east coast.

I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
Midnight Anticipation
Enchantment
At the beginning of your upkeep, look at the top card of your library. You may reveal that card. If a card named Midnight Anticipation is revealed this way, exile it and search your library for a card. Put it into your hand and shuffle your library.

I am Blue/Green

[/spoiler]
Fickle Wisher
Creature - Shapeshifter
Fickle Wisher is a copy of the top card of your library. (Face down cards are 2/2 creatures)

0/1

Hope you get what you want. Hope you like my cheesy YMtC birthday card. Oh, glob, it gave me tingles to type that.

SO GOOD.
My birthday present is that I'm not grading this.

Just kidding
Collateral Damage
Sorcery

Target opponent sacrifices a creature at random.

Davor sighed as the wave annihilation swept across him. Sure, they were nigh-omnipotent gods who spared him nary a thought, and his entire town was barely a speck to them, but did they have to kill him on his birthday?

You haven't made it yet.

Hey, I made this a while ago, except that I made it reasonably costed.

Chaotic Light 
Enchantment
At the beginning of your upkeep, choose a number, then an opponent chooses a number greater than or equal to it.  Exile a nonland permanent at random with converted mana cost greater than or equal to your chosen number and less than or equal to your opponent's chosen number.

Anyways, I hope someone noticed.
I hate dogs.
Happy Life Anniversary.

*growls like a Wookiee*
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Fickle Wisher
Creature - Shapeshifter

0/1

SO GOOD.

I agree.
Fickle Wisher
Creature - Shapeshifter

0/1

SO GOOD.

I agree.

Thanks boyz.

139359831 wrote:
Fickle Wisher
Creature - Shapeshifter

0/1

So what happens if your top card is revealed to be an instant or sorcery?
Fickle Wisher
Creature - Shapeshifter

0/1

So what happens if your top card is revealed to be an instant or sorcery?

Then you lose.

Okay, fine. Wording becomes less compact but almost more awesome?

Fickle Wisher
Creature - Shapeshifter
Unless everyone knows that the top card of your library isn't a permanent card, Fickle Wisher is a copy of the top card of your library. (Face down cards are 2/2 creatures)

0/1

139359831 wrote:
Wait... Yet Another Aether Vortex.... Also Illusionary Mask? EDIT: Nevermind, they changed the oracle text it's a 2/2 now...
Sign In to post comments