Feel bad mechanics

28 posts / 0 new
Last post
In your opinion, what are the 3 most "feel bad" mechanics in magic?

More importantly, how would you replace them in a color appropriate way?
Landwalk (with the possible exception of nonbasic landwalk) Protection from Color does enough of the same.
Echo (Evoke is Echo done right)
Islandhome (It still needs to be brought up)
Check out my cube!
Show
My sig was so awesome it broke Browsers, [url= http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29455423/For_some_reason...]I had to remove it.[/url] Support Magic Fiction! Or Bolas will eat you
57193048 wrote:
You should never explain layers to people unless one of the following is true: they're studying for a judge exam, you're both in a Ben Affleck movie and it's the only way to save the world, or you hate them.
56663526 wrote:
We try to maintain the illusion that Magic cards are written in English.
56333196 wrote:
69511863 wrote:
Hell, if they steal from us, we'd be honored.
oh my god, AWESOME! Then changing the Slivers was your idea! haha lol
56734518 wrote:
Occassionally when catering, I've been put the task of arranging Fruit and Cheese or Grilled Vegetable platters. More than once a high class buffet has started with the mark of Phyrexia upon it. Since i've got a good eye for color so it looks great to people who don't get the "joke" (it's a niceley divided circle after all: the outline gives you 4-6 "regions" to work with), this has actually got me put on platter design more often, resulting in Phyrexia's presence at more private and industry events.
I have 6917 Planeswalker points, that's probably more than you. [c=Hero's Resolve]"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune, mana screw; they're all just ways of claiming your successes without claiming your failures." Gerrard of the Weatherlight[/c]
Define "feel bad" a bit more. Banding feels bad in that it causes headaches and people just don't get it, but it feels good in that its actually fun to play.
Taking "feel bad" to mean mechanics that, no matter how well you understand them, just feel mean/irritating/bad:

Fateseal. It's a mechanic that seems specifically designed to feel evil. It looks nice, like an anti-scry, but it's one of those things that makes me feel guilty to play it, and frustrated to play against it.

Upkeep. I don't mind Cumulative Upkeep anywhere near as much as I mind normal Upkeep. I don't mind Echo at all. Both Cumulative Upkeep and Echo are going to end, and that's fine.
But Upkeep: I'll probably, at some point, have to sac my thing, even though I'd have been able to pay again next round. And that's annoying/frustrating.
I prefer pseudo-upkeep, where you have to pay if you want it untapped or whatever, but if you don't pay you still have the option the following round.

I can't think of a third one offhand, but I'm sure I will at some point. 
Infect. It's actually designed to have a flavor of being violated, and it works a little too well. In limited, nothing feels worse than getting half-infect/half-normal.
Mill. Does nothing on its own, but is annoying as hell.
Counterspells. Generally worse than removal (though counters can take instants and sorceries too). Despite that, at least the creature was there. And sometimes that's relevant.

I'd say the last two are important to Magic's balance, though.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
I always felt that the clash mechanic was very feel bad, as it gives your opponent free scrying.

IMAGE(http://i1.minus.com/jbcBXM4z66fMtK.jpg)

192884403 wrote:
surely one can't say complex conditional passive language is bad grammar ?
Define "feelbad" please.

Are we talking about drawback mechanics or mechanics we don't like or something else entirely? 
Define "feelbad" please.

Are we talking about drawback mechanics or mechanics we don't like or something else entirely? 


I'm pretty sure we're talking about mechanics that make people feel bad. 
Nerfing.
When I see a card, and can instantly think of at least three cards that are strictly better, I feel bad.
While it might not be a "mechanic"- Cards that are good for the sake of being good cards. R&D has proven that this is a bad idea time and time again with several planeswalkers, creatures etc- It isn't their job to decide what is competitively powerful, but simply to make things that interact and play well with one another.

Another not-so-mechanic, mechanical issue that drives me up a wall is the classic design mistake of making powerful cards that cause severe disadvantage not having weights added to their mana costs- This is what makes Tarmogoyf and Thragtusk  particularly terrible designs- Hell, even Stoneforge Mystic would have been easier to stomach at :W::W: with a :W::W: ability.

In terms of actual mechanics,I find Scry and Fateseal to be particularly feelbad, but not because of the actual text involved, but rather the subtext of the types of subgames they create. Card manipulation (sources of CA, draw, deck manipulation, tutelage) is a very universal necessity (I'm actually rather miffed that cycling isn't a feature of every coreset since M10). Wizards expresses discontent about DrawGo and Tempo decks ruling the roost in standard and think that making counterspells bad will magically solve the problem, as opposed to giving real deck thinning power to non-Tempo decks. But in truth, Tempo decks aren't unbeatable because they can counter everything played, but because other decks can't dig through their decks to push threats at the same speed Tempo decks dig for counters. I actually thought "Cannot be countered" is a step in the right direction, but it only combats a single tool (and not the most effective one either) that those types of deck use.
IMAGE(http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af108/acatan/sigwynzermancopy.png) Signature by IMAGE(http://www.poke-amph.com/heartgoldsoulsilver/sprites/258.png)
It isn't their job to decide what is competitively powerful,



I believe you'll find that the powers that be disagree with you, and they get to write their own job description.
57193048 wrote:
srs rls mgr is srs
57125208 wrote:
"If you're having defense problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 soldiers but they're just 1/1."

Echo (Evoke is Echo done right)


I disagree good sir. Well, not so much on the echo part, more power to ya, personally I like paying half price for stuff, but that's just me, but evoke plays considerably differently. Namely in that creatures with echo can be used as chump blockers before you even have to worry about their echo, but there are a few other differences (One of which is pretty awesome in a deck of mine).

As for my personal list, off the top of my head and in no particular order:

1. Mercenaries. So you crack a pack of Masques and you see rebels. What do they do? They search for  progressively more expensive guys and slam em onto the field until you've ramped into Chameleon Colossus. So it'd be cool if they were at war with mercenaries, and therefore the mercenaries mirrored that mechanic, right? Wrong. Rebels can do T1 rebel, T2 rebel T3 Rebel, etc. Mercenaries are like T2 Mercenary, T3 Mercenary, T4... Well, that was dumb. Like, I guess the succinct way of describing them would be they're what a backwards mana curve looks like.

2. Land destruction. Now, before you start, I'm not one of those scrubs who's all like "BAN LD BURBURBURBUR!" But even proponents of it have to admit it feels really bad to play against, for both mechanical and psychological reasons. Psychologically, it's quite frustrating to have a grip full of answers that you  know you'll never be able to play, whereas if your grizzly bears are countered or terrored, at least you got to do something. Mechanically, lands are the game's primary resource. So losing your lands not only puts your opponent at an advantage, but hinders your ability to recover (I believe the official term is "slippery slope"). Comparatively, if my grizzly bears are countered, I can still play my nessian courser next turn. On top of that, I can play as many creatures as I can afford. I'm free to slap down 4 memnities and two glint hawks on turn one and be like "Have four doom blades, see if I care." Conversely, you're usually limited to one land a turn. A well built LD deck will be able to average destroying one land a turn. So once they start rolling you better get used to two lands because you will never be getting more.

3. Hexproof. Okay, this one might be some personal bias, but it just feels really derpy to me. Like, one game at the AVR prerelease 2HG we lost to Elgaud Shieldmate and Blessings of Nature. Had they had shroud, it would have been like "Okay, that's annoying, but we can deal with a 3/3 and a 2/3. And if they didn't,I had like 4 answers in my hand ready to shut their buffed creatures down./. But whereas shroud requires you to think and make a decision, hexproof is like "HEY MORON, SLAP AN AURA ON ME AND BEAT FACE!" (The whole "Aura and then Diplomatic Immunity" trick is similarly annoying, but that at least has some level of cleverness in the whole ordering of auras, which granted isn't much, but I'm all about the subtle differences. Like if you have Neurok Stealthsuit and one creature. You could attach it, but that might bite you in the ass later. Conversely, with Frightening Greaves, there's no downside to slapping em on as soon as you can).
Hell, mise is short for "Might as well" which is pretty much the definition of hexproof (At least when compared to shroud).

Zammm = Batman.

It's my sig in a box
58280208 wrote:
Everything is better when you read it in Bane's voice.
192334281 wrote:
Your human antics and desire to continue living have moved me. Just kidding. You cannot move me physically or emotionally. Wall humor.
57092228 wrote:
Copy effects work like a photocopy machine: you get a copy of the 'naked' card, NOT of what's on it.
56995928 wrote:
Funny story: InQuest Magazine (I think it was InQuest) had an oversized Chaos Orb which I totally rooked someone into allowing into a (non-sanctioned) game. I had a proxy card that was a Mountain with "Chaos Orb" written on it. When I played it, my opponent cried foul: Him: "WTF? a Proxy? no-one said anything about Proxies. Do you even own an actual Chaos Orb?" Me: "Yes, but I thought it would be better to use a Proxy." Him: "No way. If you're going to put a Chaos Orb in your deck you have to use your actual Chaos Orb." Me: "*Sigh*. Okay." I pulled out this huge Chaos Orb and placed it on the table. He tried to cry foul again but everyone else said he insisted I use my actual Chaos Orb and that was my actual Chaos Orb. I used it, flipped it and wiped most of his board. Unsurprisingly, that only worked once and only because everyone present thought it was hilarious.
My DM on Battleminds:
no, see i can kill defenders, but 8 consecutive crits on a battlemind, eh walk it off.
144543765 wrote:
195392035 wrote:
Hi guys! So, I'm a sort of returning player to Magic. I say sort of because as a child I had two main TCG's I liked. Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon. Some of my friends branched off in to Magic, and I bought two pre-made decks just to kind of fit in. Like I said, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon were what I really knew how to play. I have a extensive knowledge of deck building in those two TCG's. However, as far as Magic is concerned, I only ever used those two pre made decks. I know how the game is played, and I know general things, but now I want to get in the game for real. I want to begin playing it as a regular. My question is, are all cards ever released from the time of the inception of this game until present day fair game in a deck? Or are there special rules? Are some cards forbidden or restricted? Thanks guys, and I will gladly accept ANY help lol.
I have the same problem with women.
117639611 wrote:
198869283 wrote:
Oh I have a standing rule. If someone plays a Planeswalker I concede the game. I refuse to play with or against people who play Planeswalkers. They really did ruin the game.
A turn two Tibalt win?! Wicked... Betcha don't see that everyday.

The Pony Co. 

Is this my new ego sig? Yes it is, other Barry
57461258 wrote:
And that's why you should never, ever call RP Jesus on being a troll, because then everyone else playing along gets outed, too, and the thread goes back to being boring.
57461258 wrote:
See, this is why RPJesus should be in charge of the storyline. The novel line would never have been cancelled if he had been running the show. Specifically the Slobad and Geth's Head talkshow he just described.
57461258 wrote:
Not only was that an obligatory joke, it was an on-topic post that still managed to be off-topic due to thread derailment. RP Jesus does it again folks.
92481331 wrote:
I think I'm gonna' start praying to Jesus... That's right, RPJesus, I'm gonna' be praying to you, right now. O' Jesus Please continue to make my time here on the forums fun and cause me to chuckle. Amen.
92481331 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
It was wonderful. Us Johnnies had a field day. That Timmy with the Grizzly bears would actually have to think about swinging into your Mogg Fanatic, giving you time to set up your silly combo. Nowadays it's all DERPSWING! with thier blue jeans and their MP3 players and their EM EM OH AR PEE JEES and their "Dewmocracy" and their children's card games and their Jersey Shores and their Tattooed Tenaged Vampire Hunters from Beverly Hills
Seriously, that was amazing. I laughed my *ss off. Made my day, and I just woke up.
[quote=ArtVenn You're still one of my favorite people... just sayin'.[/quote]
56756068 wrote:
56786788 wrote:
.....would it be a bit blasphemous if I said, "PRAYSE RPJAYSUS!" like an Evangelical preacher?
Perhaps, but who doesn't like to blaspheme every now and again? Especially when Mr. RPJesus is completely right.
56756068 wrote:
I don't say this often, but ... LOL
57526128 wrote:
You... You... Evil something... I actualy made the damn char once I saw the poster... Now you made me see it again and I gained resolve to put it into my campaign. Shell be high standing oficial of Cyrix order. Uterly mad and only slightly evil. And it'll be bad. Evil even. And ill blame you and Lizard for it :P.
57042968 wrote:
111809331 wrote:
I'm trying to work out if you're being sarcastic here. ...
Am going to stop you right there... it's RPJesus... he's always sarcastic
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
112114441 wrote:
we can only hope it gets the jace treatment...it could have at least been legendary
So that even the decks that don't run it run it to deal with it? Isn't that like the definition of format warping?
I lol'd.
56287226 wrote:
98088088 wrote:
Uktabi Orangutan What the heck's going on with those monkeys?
The most common answer is that they are what RPJesus would call "[Debutantes avert your eyes]ing."
56965458 wrote:
Show
57461258 wrote:
116498949 wrote:
I’ve removed content from this thread because off-topic discussions are a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_... Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks. You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively. If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.
...Am I the only one that thinks this is reaching the point of downright Kafkaesque insanity?
I condone the use of the word Kafkaesque. However, I'm presentely ambivalent. I mean, that can't be serious, right? We're April 1st, right? They didn't mod RPJesus for off-topic discussion when the WHOLE THREAD IS OFF-TOPIC, right? Right.
57545908 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
Save or die. If you disagree with this, you're wrong (Not because of any points or arguements that have been made, but I just rolled a d20 for you and got a 1, so you lose).
58397368 wrote:
58222628 wrote:
This just won the argument, AFAIC.
That's just awesome.
57471038 wrote:
57718868 wrote:
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BEAR PRODUCING WORDS OF WILDING?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!
That's what RPJesus tends to do. That's why I don't think he's a real person, but some Magic Card Archive Server sort of machine, that is programmed to react to other posters' comments with obscure cards that do in fact exist, but somehow missed by even the most experienced Magic players. And then come up with strange combos with said cards. All of that is impossible for a normal human to do given the amount of time he does it and how often he does it. He/It got me with Light of Sanction, which prompted me to go to RQ&A to try and find if it was even possible to do combat damage to a creature I control (in light that Mark of Asylum exists).
71235715 wrote:
+10
100176878 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57078538 wrote:
heaven or hell.
Round 1. Lets rock.
GG quotes! RPJesus just made this thread win!
56906968 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
143359585 wrote:
Blue players get all the overpowerered cards like JTMS. I think it's time that wizards gave something to people who remember what magic is really about: creatures.
Initially yes, Wizards was married to blue. However, about a decade ago they had a nasty divorce, and a few years after that they began courting the attention of Green. Then in Worldwake they had a nasty affair with their ex, but as of Innistrad, things seem to have gotten back on track, and Wizards has even proposed.
You are my favorite. Yes you. And moments like this make it so. Thank you RPJesus for just being you.
On what flavor text fits me:
57307308 wrote:
Surely RPJesus gets Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius?
56874518 wrote:
First: I STILL can't take you seriously with that avatar. And I can take RPJesus seriously, so that's saying something.
121689989 wrote:
I'd offer you a cookie for making me laugh but it has an Upkeep Cost that has been known to cause people to quit eating.
56267956 wrote:
I <3 you loads
57400888 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
"AINT NO LAWS IN THE SKY MOTHER****." - Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran
10/10. Amazing.
I always felt that the clash mechanic was very feel bad, as it gives your opponent free scrying.

Funny; that's precisely why I call it feel-good. Games won due to mana screw are no fun for either player; helping both players get out of mana problems is a great upside socially, even if not in in-game terms.

Hexproof annoys me immensely - and doubly so now it's primary in blue; I didn't like Plated Slagwurm existing, but Invisible Stalker and Shieldmate of Elgaud are far far worse, because blue can give creatures evasion in seventeen targeted ways from Sunday. But being horrible design isn't the same as being feel-bad.
Although... actually, I do feel bad when I win off one card that single-handedly invalidates the opponent's entire strategy with virtually nothing they could have done about it. Magmatic Force can be like that, and hexproof guys with evasion can be like that too. So yeah, OK, count hexproof as one of mine too.
Hexproof: For the reasons listed above.

Tribal: Because self-licking ice cream cones make me feel bad.  (The rules say that Tribal exists because non-creatures can't have creature subtypes unless they have the Tribal type).

Threshold being in the same block as Flashback.

Somnia, the Evanescent Plane -- A 3-set Block
Set 1 — Somnia
Set 2 — TBD
Set 3 — TBD
Planeswalker's Guide to Somnia

Build Around This
A weekly MTG Cards and Combos forum game.
Build Around This #1 - Sage's Starfish Wish
BAT #1 was built using the Legacy format with Spiny Starfish, Sage's Knowledge, and Make a Wish. Winner: Dilleux_Lepaire with Fishy Starfishies. Runner-Up: JBTM
Tribal: Because self-licking ice cream cones make me feel bad.  (The rules say that Tribal exists because non-creatures can't have creature subtypes unless they have the Tribal type).



Funny, Plummet and reach make me feel the same way, but I have a more colorful way of putting it.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
Sorry I never defined "feel bad". I mean cards/mechanics that make people not want to play anymore because they're so frustrating.

Personally I'd have to say:

Counterspells: Nothing sucks quite as bad as casting a really cool spell only to see it go down in flames. It's not that Cancel is overpowered. It's that casting through spammed counterspells isn't fun.

Land Destruction/Mana Screw/Mana cost increases: It feels bad for the same reason as counterspells, a player doesnt get to play. It's just a different reason.

Fateseal actually.... Same reason. Restricting a players ability to play makes for a bad game.

I think this may be pretty telling about what I prefer. I don't mind responses to cards. I dislike being unable to play with the deck I'm using. That said, those 3 things are in a much better place than they were originally, largely because the cost has increased. Still, I like to see abilities that are more reactionary replace these.
1: Infect. There's never been a more unfair keyword in the history of Magic. Your opponent starts at 10 life and can't gain life? Totally balanced. I don't even think R&D playtested that mechanic.

2: Tribal sets/blocks that aren't named Onslaught. Ever since they finished Onslaught, it's like Wizards just gave up on making tribal mechanics fun or interesting. It's "easy mode" for the designers to say "Let's make a set where creature types matter" then come up with a tribe for each color with generic abilities and (usually) overpowered lords. R&D's job shouldn't be to decide what decks people will play. They should be designing good gameplay instead..

3: Planeswalkers. Given how boring they are in general and how little design space they have (they're really just enchantments but better), it seems like they didn't put much thought into them at all. There are at least 3 things I would change about them to make them more fun to use. There also feel really clunky and make no sense within the lore of the game.

Rules Advisor

Please autocard: [c]Shard Phoenix[/c] = Shard Phoenix.

Threshold being in the same block as Flashback.


I loved the tension this created. It was one of the things that really drew me into Magic.
Check out my cube!
Show
My sig was so awesome it broke Browsers, [url= http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75842/29455423/For_some_reason...]I had to remove it.[/url] Support Magic Fiction! Or Bolas will eat you
57193048 wrote:
You should never explain layers to people unless one of the following is true: they're studying for a judge exam, you're both in a Ben Affleck movie and it's the only way to save the world, or you hate them.
56663526 wrote:
We try to maintain the illusion that Magic cards are written in English.
56333196 wrote:
69511863 wrote:
Hell, if they steal from us, we'd be honored.
oh my god, AWESOME! Then changing the Slivers was your idea! haha lol
56734518 wrote:
Occassionally when catering, I've been put the task of arranging Fruit and Cheese or Grilled Vegetable platters. More than once a high class buffet has started with the mark of Phyrexia upon it. Since i've got a good eye for color so it looks great to people who don't get the "joke" (it's a niceley divided circle after all: the outline gives you 4-6 "regions" to work with), this has actually got me put on platter design more often, resulting in Phyrexia's presence at more private and industry events.
I have 6917 Planeswalker points, that's probably more than you. [c=Hero's Resolve]"Destiny, chance, fate, fortune, mana screw; they're all just ways of claiming your successes without claiming your failures." Gerrard of the Weatherlight[/c]
2: Tribal sets/blocks that aren't named Onslaught. Ever since they finished Onslaught, it's like Wizards just gave up on making tribal mechanics fun or interesting. It's "easy mode" for the designers to say "Let's make a set where creature types matter" then come up with a tribe for each color with generic abilities and (usually) overpowered lords. R&D's job shouldn't be to decide what decks people will play. They should be designing good gameplay instead.



I don't know. Innistrad made the tribes have a mechanical identity.

Humans: Artifact love (as much as I hate putting it in green), standard weenie stuff.
Werewolves: DFCs. It's a bad mechanic and has been bad since Stone Rain stopped being printed, but every werewolf has the same transformation conditions (until AVR).
Vampires: +1/+1 counters, lifelink
Zombies: Graveyard shenanigans. Blue zombies either mill you or require exiling from the graveyard (which feels very "feel bad"), while black ones come back easily.
Spirits, I don't get. AFAICT, it's just flying.

Before that, Lorwyn at least had the usual "sacrifice a goblin", evoke on elementals, and treefolk having greater toughness than power and generally being vanilla.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
1: Infect. There's never been a more unfair keyword in the history of Magic. Your opponent starts at 10 life and can't gain life? Totally balanced. I don't even think R&D playtested that mechanic.


Annihilator: There's never been a more unfair keyword in the history of Magic. Your creatures decimate your opponent's board state every time they attack?......"window.parent.tinyMCE.get('post_content').onLoad.dispatch();" contenteditable="true" />
3: Planeswalkers. Given how boring they are in general and how little design space they have (they're really just enchantments but better), it seems like they didn't put much thought into them at all. There are at least 3 things I would change about them to make them more fun to use. There also feel really clunky and make no sense within the lore of the game.


Planeswalker are strictly worse than enchantments. They are more mechanically limited, and more vulnerable, apart from enchantments having existed longer, thus having more interactions based on card type.

Can't say I have a lot of opinions on feelbad mechanics. Wotc is chopping most of them anyway, so it would more be me asking for some of them back. I'd like to chop Regeneration and Protection for something that people understand, I suppose?

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

I know it's kinda odd, but Doom Blade, and other unconditional removal under 3 cmc. it just feels way to cheap. I'm actually fine with counters because I should have seen it coming when my opponent left mana open, fine with Ambush Viper because it's really my own fault for attacking anyway, but there is nothing I can do about those damn doom blades short of playing a creatureless or monoblack deck. Murder costs more and is more color intensive, so it feels like a more even trade than doom blade does. Any other removal is fine. Fighting and burn are limited to my weakest creatures, cost an insane amount, or require my opponent to have a creature bigger than mine. Well, actually lightning bolt annoys me a little too.
1: Infect. There's never been a more unfair keyword in the history of Magic. Your opponent starts at 10 life and can't gain life? Totally balanced. I don't even think R&D playtested that mechanic.


Annihilator: There's never been a more unfair keyword in the history of Magic. Your creatures decimate your opponent's board state every time they attack?......


Iona. There's never been a more unfair keyword in the history of Magic. You essentially win when she's cheated into play? Totally balanced. I don't even think R&D playtested that mechanic.
Thanks to Long_Con for the avatar.
River Guide
56756068 wrote:
58147568 wrote:
121816979 wrote:
56819178 wrote:
147112461 wrote:
Hi everyone,I have two questions. 1. If my opponent already controlled a planewalker , then he cast avacyn,angle of hope ,and resolved on battlefield.Now his planewalker in indestructible right?
[c]Avacyn, Angel of Hope[/c] -> Avacyn, Angel of Hope
No need to be so obtuse, maybe he's just trying to complement her. That's not too radical of a concept, I mean she is pretty acute, right?.
This right here should be a bannable offense :p
No, not an outright banning, that's too easy. He should be punished ... ... by degrees.

Iona. There's never been a more unfair keyword in the history of Magic. You essentially win when she's cheated into play? Totally balanced. I don't even think R&D playtested that mechanic.


You want me to punch you, do you not.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

Mirror Gallery+Iona+Rite of Replication does not forgive, does not forget.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt

Iona. There's never been a more unfair keyword in the history of Magic. You essentially win when she's cheated into play? Totally balanced. I don't even think R&D playtested that mechanic.


You want me to punch you, do you not.


You wouldn't hit a guy with a monocle, would you? :P
Thanks to Long_Con for the avatar.
River Guide
56756068 wrote:
58147568 wrote:
121816979 wrote:
56819178 wrote:
147112461 wrote:
Hi everyone,I have two questions. 1. If my opponent already controlled a planewalker , then he cast avacyn,angle of hope ,and resolved on battlefield.Now his planewalker in indestructible right?
[c]Avacyn, Angel of Hope[/c] -> Avacyn, Angel of Hope
No need to be so obtuse, maybe he's just trying to complement her. That's not too radical of a concept, I mean she is pretty acute, right?.
This right here should be a bannable offense :p
No, not an outright banning, that's too easy. He should be punished ... ... by degrees.

You wouldn't hit a guy with a monocle, would you? :P


Free monocle.

Yxoque wrote:
This forum can't even ****ing self-destruct properly.

IMAGE(http://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/black-white/anim/normal/plusle.gif)

Mirror Gallery+Iona+Rite of Replication does not forgive, does not forget.


Oblivion Stone does not forgive.
Won a TPmanW contest with Demonic Arbitrator. (see below) My username is a simple continued fraction. Look it up. My favorite cards I've made:
Show
Æther Rider Creatuere - Spirit (U) Vanishing 0 (This permanent enters the battlefield with zero time counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter from it. When the last is removed, sacrifice it.) Flying : Put a time counter on ~. Any player may activate this ability. It comes on the wind, from realms unknown. 2/2 Kaldurian Behemoth Creature - Beast (R) Mana produced by lands may not be used to pay ~'s mana cost. Trample On Kalduria, the beasts are too good to eat common grass. 10/10 Demonic Arbitrator Sorcery Starting with you, each player may pay any amount of life. If any player paid life, repeat this process. If a player paid more life in total than any other, that player searches his or her library for a card and puts that card into his or her hand. Then that player shuffles his or her library. "Your sacrifice has been judged worthy. What power do you require?"
Mirror Gallery+Iona+Rite of Replication does not forgive, does not forget.


Oblivion Stone does not forgive.



I was going for "Anonymous does not forgive, does not forget", because that kind of Iona play is for the lulz.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt