Character Sheet suggestions

Didn't see a topic for this, specifically, so I thought I'd make one. If there is already a topic, then a moderator can feel free to merge this into it.

Just wanted to offer a few suggestions for Character Sheets and give players a place to put their own suggestions.

My suggestions:
1.) Add a line for "Expertise Dice" to the "Attributes" section. A quarter of the page is dedicated to magic and spells that only some classes can use. I think we can spare one line for a Fighter/Rogue-only attribute.
2.) Add a third line for "Languages". All non-human races start with 2 languages, so if you learn another language, you have nowhere to write it. In addition, Rogues start with Thieve's Cant, which is practically another language, so it might as well go in the "Languages" section.
3.) Add a line for "Encumberment" to the "Equipment and Treasure" list
     i.e. Encumberance: _________ / __________ lbs.
4.) I Would not mind having the "Equipment & Treasure" section broken down into a spreadsheet. i.e. add columns for:
   "Item Name" = the name of the item, as well as a description and/or stats,
   "Amount Carried" = number of that item that the character is carrying,
   "Weight / unit" = weight of each item (not multiplied by amount carried),
   "Items Used" = a place to mark how many you have consumed (i.e. ammo, torches, healer's kits, etc). 
> Add a line for "Encumberment" / "Weight / unit"

No no no no! Encumberment is the most ignored rule ever and there shouldn't be space reserved for it on the char sheet.

I would say it should be there, while the group I tend to play with do not use it much after charater Gen, we do use it when we start or when we have to transport something.

I would also like the Charsheet PDF to be savable with the info on it once it is filled out. They would probibly make a Casters sheet and a fighter/rouge sheet.

-Robert

We made our own we are pretty happy with, because the current one IS kinda poorly organized for our uses. Even with ours though, we're finding that 2 sheets for martials and casters would make more sense later. Thats sort of been true in every edition really. Didn't he old 2e brown player's guides come with a sheet for that class?

I'd share the one we made, but since it'll probably change with each packet it hardly seems worth it. 
A few guidelines for using the internet: 1. Mentally add "In my opinion" to the end of basically anything someone else says. Of course it's their opinion, they don't need to let you know. You're pretty smart. 2. Assume everyone means everything in the best manner they could mean it. Save yourself some stress and give people the benefit of the doubt. We'll all be happier if we type less emoticons. 3. Don't try to read people's minds. Sometimes people mean exactly what they say. You probably don't know them any better than they know themselves. 4. Let grammar slide. If you understood what they meant, you're good. It's better for your health. 5. Breath. It's just a dumb game.
Hey there,

Since this isn't a session report I'll move it to Playtest Packet Discussion.

Thanks,

Monica
Sign In to post comments