Where are the +1 shields?

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
I was playing a game the other day and my DM awarded me "any +1 magic shield."

So imagine my surprise when I could not find a single +1 shield of any type in the compendium.    There's tons of magic shields, bracers, etc.   But I couldn't find any that were simply "+1 heavy shield" with perhaps some extra stuff on it.

Ideas?
Spiked shields can be enchanted as light blades.
Back to Basics - A Guide to Basic Attacks You might be playing DnD wrong if... "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein
Magic shields don't confer numerical bonus to AC in 4E and don't fall under the Magic Armor +X enchantment as they are Arm slot items.
The are very few magic items - apart from enchantment on armor  - that provide and increase in AC.
(for completness sake i personally only know of 2; a ring worth several million (level 30 or so) and - boots of the fencing master - giving one AC and reflex bonus if you shift - worth several hundred)
There are shields that have useful and interesting powers. 
Which just shows that you know of comparatively few items.  There are dozens which give bonuses to AC of various sorts.  Probably the most important being the Elven Chain Shirt, which gives and always-on +1/2/3 item bonus to AC in light armour.
Harrying your Prey, the Easy Way: A Hunter's Handbook - the first of what will hopefully be many CharOp efforts on my part. The Blinker - teleport everywhere. An Eladrin Knight/Eldritch Knight. CB != rules source.
I was playing a game the other day and my DM awarded me "any +1 magic shield."

So imagine my surprise when I could not find a single +1 shield of any type in the compendium.    There's tons of magic shields, bracers, etc.   But I couldn't find any that were simply "+1 heavy shield" with perhaps some extra stuff on it.

Ideas?

They don't exist.
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.
Personally I don't see why they can't have enhancement bonuses to AC.
D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition
That might make them slightly more competitive with existing arms slot items, as there aren't many magic shields that I've ever seen anyone use past Shield of Deflection.
"You can always judge a man by the quality of his enemies." -The Doctor, Remembrance of the Daleks
That might make them slightly more competitive with existing arms slot items, as there aren't many magic shields that I've ever seen anyone use past Shield of Deflection.

I am getting some usage out of a shield of fellowship, but that is definetly a niche/corner case. 
Ahh - - - can only have one MAGIC arms slot item - ie either Magic braces or Magic shield - - --  you can still wield a non magic shield over MAGIC braces - which seems to be the prefered option.
Sign In to post comments