Affinity Field Power Save???

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
The description say Fortitud Negate (Potentially harmless)

if you are a undead and you take damage for a heal spell, all other creatures in the area take damages or are healed???

Undead are immunes to this power???

you save for avoid the damage or healing???

you use Fortitude Save to avoid the effects of powers or spells be transfered??

you make a Fortitud Save and then if you Fail make the standard save to avoid the effects of powers or spells be transfered?????
Pepe pecas pica papas con un pico con un pico pepe pecas pica papas si pepe pecas pica papas con un pico donde esta el pico con que pepe pecas pica papas.
I believe heal is a targeted spell so there isn't an area of effect.

An undead creature would make a Will save to take half damage for cure spells, just as a living creature does for inflict spells.

AFAIK, you never have to save for healing...

I'm not sure what the last 2 questions mean.
I believe heal is a targeted spell so there isn't an area of effect.

An undead creature would make a Will save to take half damage for cure spells, just as a living creature does for inflict spells.

AFAIK, you never have to save for healing...

I'm not sure what the last 2 questions mean.

I speak about the power Affinity field EPHB pag 75
Pepe pecas pica papas con un pico con un pico pepe pecas pica papas si pepe pecas pica papas con un pico donde esta el pico con que pepe pecas pica papas.
Ah. I don't have that book in front of me... I withdraw my previous answer until I can get home and look at it.
Ah. I don't have that book in front of me... I withdraw my previous answer until I can get home and look at it.

Tongue Out thanks.

if you are a undead and you take damage for a heal spell, all other creatures in the area take damages or are healed???

you make a Fortitud Save and then if you Fail make the standard save to avoid the effects of powers or spells be transfered?????

From what I can tell, the save only applies to new powers transferred, not the affinity field itself (since it doesn't target).

1.  Since the spell damages you (unless something else applies), it would deal damage to everything in the area (thereby triggering the save).
2.  Not the way that it's written, but they could be unaffected by anything else that comes through.
3.  You don't get to save against anything, since everything in the area is healed/harmed as you are.  If you save against something nasty, the field wouldn't do anything.
4.  Things are being transferred from you to others, not the other way around.
5.  As above, you're the starting point.

For example, you're targeted by a lightning bolt while under the influence of affinity field.  If you make the Reflex save, you take half damage and everyone in the field takes the same amount of damage;  if you fail, you take full damage and so does everything else.

Another example...hold person.  You make your save, nothing happens;  you fail, every humanoid gets hit (and gets to make the save).  Any humanoids that fail that save are afflicted (and can save as normal) and if you make your second save (during your next turn), you're free (but anything else isn't).         

From what I can tell, the save only applies to new powers transferred, not the affinity field itself (since it doesn't target).

1.  Since the spell damages you (unless something else applies), it would deal damage to everything in the area (thereby triggering the save).
2.  Not the way that it's written, but they could be unaffected by anything else that comes through.
3.  You don't get to save against anything, since everything in the area is healed/harmed as you are.  If you save against something nasty, the field wouldn't do anything.
4.  Things are being transferred from you to others, not the other way around.
5.  As above, you're the starting point.

For example, you're targeted by a lightning bolt while under the influence of affinity field.  If you make the Reflex save, you take half damage and everyone in the field takes the same amount of damage;  if you fail, you take full damage and so does everything else.

Another example...hold person.  You make your save, nothing happens;  you fail, every humanoid gets hit (and gets to make the save).  Any humanoids that fail that save are afflicted (and can save as normal) and if you make your second save (during your next turn), you're free (but anything else isn't).         

ok in this example

A vampire hit a Huge Monster (with affinity field) with a powerful critical with with her axe and discharge a lv 3 spell (vampiric youch)

ok

are other undead and  a humman party members in the area.

now

1- The Vampire Make save to take the damage of the creature???
2- the undeads are immunes to the damage from the Vampiric Touch
3-The humman make a save again the damage or take it without save??
4-you gain all the damaged that the vampiric touch do to all creatures (Max the target HP+10)??
ok in this example

A vampire hit a Huge Monster (with affinity field) with a powerful critical with with her axe and discharge a lv 3 spell (vampiric youch)

ok

now

4-you gain all the damaged that the vampiric touch do to all creatures (Max the target HP+10)??

1.  No.  The damage isn't from a spell or power, so it hits everything equally.
2.  Nope, since it's not negatively charged, undead have no immunity (unless stated).
3.  The Human is affected by everything as well:  the critical damage and the Vampiric Touch (unless stated).
4.  You'd gain temporary HP from each target;  you'd deal all the damage to each target, but you'd max out at a creature's max HP + 10 (no matter the damage dealt).   
ok in this example

ok

now

1.  No.  The damage isn't from a spell or power, so it hits everything equally.
2.  Nope, since it's not negatively charged, undead have no immunity (unless stated).
3.  The Human is affected by everything as well:  the critical damage and the Vampiric Touch (unless stated).
4.  You'd gain temporary HP from each target;  you'd deal all the damage to each target, but you'd max out at a creature's max HP + 10 (no matter the damage dealt).   

then this power affect all creatures without save while the effect is damage only??? and all take the same damage of the creature that have the affinity field???

Undead, plants, constructs, humand all take the same damage taken for the creature with the power affinity field without save and only make a save again a power or spell level 3 or lower that don't deal damage and affect each creature as targets??

the why the save is: Fortitud Negate (potentially harmless)
then this power affect all creatures without save while the effect is damage only??? and all take the same damage of the creature that have the affinity field???

Undead, plants, constructs, humand all take the same damage taken for the creature with the power affinity field without save and only make a save again a power or spell level 3 or lower that don't deal damage and affect each creature as targets??

Since the spell/power that is going through the field has no savings throw, I'd figure that it wouldn't allow a savings throw when going through the field.  I'm not entirely certain on this point, though, so someone else would have to weigh in.

Since the spell/power that is going through the field has no savings throw, I'd figure that it wouldn't allow a savings throw when going through the field.  I'm not entirely certain on this point, though, so someone else would have to weigh in.

the thing is that undeads are immunes to Fortitud Saves unless that affect objects and are harmless and this power say that you save it as if you was the target of the spell, and other thing is that if you negate only the harmless effect or the effect of take the damage of the creature with the affinity field