Three features that MUST be included in 2014

103 posts / 0 new
Last post
If I'm going to buy DOTP 2014 it must include the following 3 features:

1) first and foremost, custom land ratio allocation. Even if they limit it to only allow customisation to skew the ratio 3 either side (+/-) of an even ratio or something. Even if the player has no idea what they're doing, they probably can't make it any worse than what the game automatically assigns.

2) random deck function. When I want to play a custom game (single player) but want a random opponent, I shouldn't have to sit there for 1 min spinning the wheel, especially when, by some radical luck, about 50% of the time I end on the very same deck I started. It would also be nice for those people that don't care what deck they use, to be able to randomly choose one.

EDIT: 3) something nice. 3) ability to save deck builds -- multiple builds for each format -- and the ability to have the AI use these builds against me in a custom game.

This is on top of what is already provided, and hopefully minus some of the bugs.

PS and at least 40 unlocks for ALL decks.

EDIT: PPS and NO PLANECHASE!! (The commander format people have suggested wouldbe nice, or even a return to archenemy)

Now I think these are some pretty fundamental features, and I don't think this is too much to ask, soif it's not there then I won't be buying.

EDIT:
some other features I'd like to see implemented...

4) not being kicked out of the graveyard view whenever something happens, and having a number over the graveyard to denote how many cards are in there, and being able to see exiled cards (an exile zone).

5) Generally imporving the battle interface by:
(a) showing what cards have been revealed with things like siege-mind ogre's etb effect.
(b) showing how many times a stacking effect that can be divided ala chain lightning, flames of the firebrand, inferno titan), has been assigned to each targetted thing, and showing which effect is going where.
(c) showing which step of the combat phase we're in!
(d) being able to select the land we want to tap when activated costs are activted.

6) not being booted from the lobby if you concede (and especially not when your *opponent* concedes when AI takeover isn't enabled!!)

7) more stats!! things like times played with and against each deck, win:loss ratio with each deck (total, and separated across the different formats) including who played first, etc. This could be displayed easily if each deck was assigned to a tab, and on each tab there would be a table of records for the specific deck including stats (total wins, total losses, wins played first, losses played first, wins played second, losses played second, etc.) heading each column, and opponent decks heading each row. If multiple deck saves are possible, then stats for each deck save may also be able to be worked in somehow (e.g. have the overall stats, then stats for each deck save that refresh whenever a saved deck is over-written).
#1 is definitely the most important for me, and I also agree with the 2nd one. To add to that I would like it if the AI would actually use my builds rather then the ones it comes with since they are extremely weak. I know most of you will say to just jump online but I like "testing" all of my builds.
I want to be able to save different versions of each deck. So that when I swap between 2hg and 1v1 I don't have to keep going back to deck editor
I agree, I would like these features i the game...but to say you wont buy it if they aren't there? Good luck with that one, it will be your loss. The game is still great without them, or we wouldn't be on a forum discussing it. The next one should be at least as good, if not better since there is usually at least something new. 
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
Well, since this seems to be the topic for it, here's my list of things that DotP 2014 has to have in order for me to buy it. If Wizards doesn't get their act together and actually support the community, then it's sad to say, but I won't be buying the next iteration of DotP.

1. As mentioned, customizable land ratio and land count. Decks like Peacekeepers and Celestial Light did not need 25 lands.

2. As iHARBiNG3R mentioned, the AI should get to use our deck builds when playing custom games.

3. At least 30 unlocks for each of the decks. 

4. The decks, and this is going to be a big hurdle for them, but the decks in DotP 2014 will need to impress me and make me want to play them. I don't want to see rehashes of past decks (and for some decks like Chandra's burn or Garruk's decks, this could be a real challenge, but for a few things I can be lienent about). I'm not sure what exactly this will look like, but maybe only 5 mono-color decks, and how about all 10 of the 3-color deck combinations, along with most or all of the 2-color deck combinations. The themes should include some tribal (preferably tribes that we haven't seen in the past), artifacts, enchantments/auras, and even some decks with combo-like wins like MS, AW, and CW have. The decks for 2013 have raised the bar, and it's not going to be lowered if Wizards wants me to buy the next game. The number of decks should be at least 25-30.

5. A return of archenemy would be nice. It was a fun way to unlock cards. 

Duels of the Planeswalkers deck builds and analysis: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/dotp

Another one of my websites: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/rationalchristianity/

I am Blue/White

Better randomization. I'm in the middle of a game with the new Bolas deck. It's turn 8, and I've drawn a total of one spell. At least I've got enough land to cast the big creatures (if only Talrand didn't keep dispersing them.)
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
How about the ability to concede an online match without being thrown back to the start screen? What if I want to play the person again, but don't want to sit through a long drawn out process of losing? Make it happen!
#1 is definitely the most important for me, and I also agree with the 2nd one. To add to that I would like it if the AI would actually use my builds rather then the ones it comes with since they are extremely weak. I know most of you will say to just jump online but I like "testing" all of my builds.

I agree whole-heartedly, that is another feature I would really love to see.
I agree, I would like these features i the game...but to say you wont buy it if they aren't there? Good luck with that one, it will be your loss. The game is still great without them, or we wouldn't be on a forum discussing it. The next one should be at least as good, if not better since there is usually at least something new. 

That's the thing though -- if it's "just as good" then there's no point buying it. I expect them to improve it, and he features I listed are TOP PRIORITY as currently without them there's a tonne of extra unnecessary BS.
I want to be able to save different versions of each deck. So that when I swap between 2hg and 1v1 I don't have to keep going back to deck editor

I agree, that's a feature I've really wanted for a long time also, and it goes hand-in-hand with iHARBiNG3R's requested feature. Looks like I need to add a (4) to the list. But really, I'd still buy it if only the first two on my list were added (and the other conditions met, of course).
Better randomization. I'm in the middle of a game with the new Bolas deck. It's turn 8, and I've drawn a total of one spell. At least I've got enough land to cast the big creatures (if only Talrand didn't keep dispersing them.)

yep.
Biggest one for me is the ability to save different cuts for 2hg, 1v1...

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

I'd like a Draft format, using the latest full block out when the game is out.

Gives a way to construct your own decks without stepping on the toes (too much) of MTGOnline.
IMAGE(http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p268/TsengFox/20804.jpg)
The return of Boss Decks (playable) in future expansions. I don't know what Wizards will do for deck idea in 2014. They seem to have every base covered...
@ocal
My memory is failing me. Could you use the boss deck from DOTP?
I know Karn was unuseable in last years.

Show

@ocal My memory is failing me. Could you use the boss deck from DOTP? I know Karn was unuseable in last years.

Each expansion in the original released a new boss, plus a playable deck of the previous boss.
Expansion 1 introduced Nicol Bolas as an unplayable boss.
Expansion 2 introduced Sorin as an unplayable boss and Bolas as a playable deck. 
Expansion 3 included Sorin as a playable deck.

Same here, editing land-ratio comes at a close second though, both of these features NEED to be in the next DotP.
I REALLY want to play with the Bolas deck, even if its offline. Make it happen Stainless!
Splatter. Thanks for clearing that up. Been a long time since I played it.

Show

Here's mine, ranked in order of importance:

4. ability to save more than one build of each deck. I would be fine with 2 builds, 1 for 1vs1 and 1 for multi formats (4-player, 2HG, etc)

3. get rid of Planechase. It's awful and no one plays it. I would be fine with the return of Archenemy.

2. Make the AI decks competitive. Playing custom games against the AI is pointless and boring because they don't have any of the unlocked cards. Whoever thought of this design decision deserves to be fired.

1. RANDOM DECK OPTION. MY GOD WE'VE BEEN ASKING FOR IT FOR 3 YEARS. WHY IS IT NOT IN THE GAME YET!? If this isn't in dotp2014, I wont even consider buying it.
Are we adding our own suggestions?

1.  Change AI revenge decks from a campaign to a preference setting, and let the AI players use those decks in all game types.
2.  Improving the AI is always welcome.
3.  Let me save 3 copies of each deck, and pick from a drop down menu.  For example, a user might save different decks for 1 v 1 compared to 2 hg, or have a specific setup vs. a particularly difficult adversary. 

1. RANDOM DECK OPTION. MY GOD WE'VE BEEN ASKING FOR IT FOR 3 YEARS. WHY IS IT NOT IN THE GAME YET!? If this isn't in dotp2014, I wont even consider buying it.

This.  It seems like such an easy thing to implement.  How has it been overlooked after all of this time?  

All the suggestions here are great.  But a random deck option is what I'm looking forward to the most.

The second best 'feature' of 2014 would be a commitment to patches.  Raise the price if you must but turn out a better product.  This game is easily one of the best games I've played.  It could be THE best without question with a little more commitment to quality. 
Oh, and one more thing for my wishlist.  This one is probably the coolest, but it's not a programming issue.  I'd like to see some work on deck design.

I'd love to see deck design where there are at least two distinct themes available for each deck.  Instead of each deck having several cards that sort of stink, which everyone removes, there could be some cards which support one theme better and vice versa.  Several themes might include:

Control / Aggro
Mill / Theft 
Mono Colored / Splash

It'd be fun if even after you realize your opponent is playing the 2014 Ajani deck, you still weren't quite sure what to expect.  Is he emphasizing life gain (like 2013 for example), or did he go the  enchantment route (like 2012?)

1. Random deck choice option

2. Bring back the count down game start from DotP 09' where when everyone lights up green the clock counts down then game starts.  (not have it where host is green all the time cuz you never know if the person is actually there or not)

3. Bring back the abilitly to side board and go into your deck while your in a lobby waiting for other players.

4. Be nice if decks had like 75-100 cards to unlock within the deck so you have more option to customize it (this would kinda give ppl the feeling of "making their own deck" by having more cards to choose from). Becuase of the amount of cards to unlock any copies of the same card would be unlocked all together.

5. Bring back the different backgrounds/board style like in DotP 09'.

6. Have more decks in the game (every color of mono, dual, and tri decks in the game)

7. Have save deck space for 2HG, 4FFA and so on.  I dont play anything other than 4FFA because i dont want to have to redo my decks everytime i would wanna play a different play style (2HG, 4FFA, etc..)

1) Save different versions od every deck to play in different modes: 1vs1, 2HD... The change of deck should be done in the same room where the players are when they wait to play, so we can change decks among plays. If we have to leave the room to change the deck... Yell

2) A button to go the start or the end of the deck in the deck editor. This button was in the first Duels, but dissapeared in the next games. It helps a lot to move throw the cards.

3) Again, something from Duels 2010, and not in new Duels: if I play a Pearl Medallion, for example, it was nice to see the reduced cost of the card showed in the card: for example, the next cards with cost 3 colorless manas, went to show 2 incolored manas, the cost was reflected in real time in the card. Or if the cost was one colorless and a forest, you only saw the forest.

4) Draft mode: I know Wizards of the Coast doesn't want  this for this game, but it would be awesome to have this feature and to create our own decks with the cards released in the game.

5) The return of Archenemy. If in real cards they have many game modes, why we have to have only the new mode for multiplayer? In the end, Duels is only a tool to promotion real cards
My main one, after enjoying the random Steam tourney so much, is to have an online option for both players to start with a random deck.
A tournament would be good also. Each month the game offers the option for players to subscribe and play against the other players in the list.
This is by no means a "must have", but I think it would be cool if they actually had a full Magic the Gathering: Battlemage style campaign where you have a map and go to different places and have a story behind your games as you unlock cards instead of just game after game.

IMAGE(http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l260/Splattercat/Battlemage.jpg)

Basically you have to travel Dominaria gathering your spells (re: cards) and building your power to take on Nicol Bolas. The Encounters could easily play a part and you can always just have the "choose you opponent" feature as well (which is really no different than Custom game anyhow). Cards are unlocked per win no matter where it happens as normal, but there can be more to the campaign than just "farming" Encounters. 

I know I'd play the campaign more if that were the case....
Cat,
Brilliant. I too would pay attention to the campaign so much more than as just a  place to unlock cards.

Show

This is by no means a "must have", but I think it would be cool if they actually had a full Magic the Gathering: Battlemage style campaign where you have a map and go to different places and have a story behind your games as you unlock cards instead of just game after game.

Basically you have to travel Dominaria gathering your spells (re: cards) and building your power to take on Nicol Bolas. The Encounters could easily play a part and you can always just have the "choose you opponent" feature as well (which is really no different than Custom game anyhow). Cards are unlocked per win no matter where it happens as normal, but there can be more to the campaign than just "farming" Encounters. 

1) Fewer bugs

2) Better netcode

3) Better post-release support

And as long as I'm dreaming, an actual mana pool with the ability to manually tap lands at any time by right-clicking on them, and an option to require manual tapping, because the automatic tapping makes too many mistakes and the current implementation of manual tapping is a lot clunkier than it should be.

Very nice. I can see it... just like Gyromancer, but with Magic:

IMAGE(http://www.frictionlessinsight.com/revpics3/Gyromancer/GyromancerB.jpg)
IMAGE(http://www.frictionlessinsight.com/revpics3/Gyromancer/GyromancerC.jpg)

I think sometimes: if Stainless could have more time to develop a better game, a retail game about Magic the Gathering and not a small downloable annual game like any sports game, how cool could it be,. With thousand of cards to unlock and make decks, with a real campaign mode, unlocking cards with real sense of adventure and travelling...
..."window.parent.tinyMCE.get('post_content').onLoad.dispatch();" contenteditable="true" />Very nice. I can see it... just like Gyromancer, but with Magic:

I think sometimes: if Stainless could have more time to develop a better game, a retail game about Magic the Gathering and not a small downloable annual game like any sports game, how cool could it be,. With thousand of cards to unlock and make decks, with a real campaign mode, unlocking cards with real sense of adventure and travelling...

I've always been of the mind that they can't/won't give us any more content that makes the game closer to M:tGO (full deck customization, drafts etc.), but that doesn't mean there isn't more to give beyond decks and cards. There are more ways to play it beyond simple "Magic", and people who just want duels for what it is now still have that. If the extra campaign and/or whatever game styles necessitate a price increase, balance/justify it with more DotP content (say, 15 decks in the base game instead of 10, "more decks than ever!" is never a bad place to start an ad campaign).

Anyway, just saying. A lot of people spend a lot of time unlocking the decks. The least they could do is have the option of enjoying it as well.

3. get rid of Planechase. It's awful and no one plays it. I would be fine with the return of Archenemy.

Planechase is like a million times better than archenemy. I guess the lack of scheme customization helps, but having three guys on your side is nowhere near as advantageous as free Time Walks and Violent Ultimatums.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing some EDH, especially if they give us some thematic decks, and don't include a deck with Child of Alara as the "Commander"

Zammm = Batman.

It's my sig in a box
58280208 wrote:
Everything is better when you read it in Bane's voice.
192334281 wrote:
Your human antics and desire to continue living have moved me. Just kidding. You cannot move me physically or emotionally. Wall humor.
57092228 wrote:
Copy effects work like a photocopy machine: you get a copy of the 'naked' card, NOT of what's on it.
56995928 wrote:
Funny story: InQuest Magazine (I think it was InQuest) had an oversized Chaos Orb which I totally rooked someone into allowing into a (non-sanctioned) game. I had a proxy card that was a Mountain with "Chaos Orb" written on it. When I played it, my opponent cried foul: Him: "WTF? a Proxy? no-one said anything about Proxies. Do you even own an actual Chaos Orb?" Me: "Yes, but I thought it would be better to use a Proxy." Him: "No way. If you're going to put a Chaos Orb in your deck you have to use your actual Chaos Orb." Me: "*Sigh*. Okay." I pulled out this huge Chaos Orb and placed it on the table. He tried to cry foul again but everyone else said he insisted I use my actual Chaos Orb and that was my actual Chaos Orb. I used it, flipped it and wiped most of his board. Unsurprisingly, that only worked once and only because everyone present thought it was hilarious.
My DM on Battleminds:
no, see i can kill defenders, but 8 consecutive crits on a battlemind, eh walk it off.
144543765 wrote:
195392035 wrote:
Hi guys! So, I'm a sort of returning player to Magic. I say sort of because as a child I had two main TCG's I liked. Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon. Some of my friends branched off in to Magic, and I bought two pre-made decks just to kind of fit in. Like I said, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon were what I really knew how to play. I have a extensive knowledge of deck building in those two TCG's. However, as far as Magic is concerned, I only ever used those two pre made decks. I know how the game is played, and I know general things, but now I want to get in the game for real. I want to begin playing it as a regular. My question is, are all cards ever released from the time of the inception of this game until present day fair game in a deck? Or are there special rules? Are some cards forbidden or restricted? Thanks guys, and I will gladly accept ANY help lol.
I have the same problem with women.
117639611 wrote:
198869283 wrote:
Oh I have a standing rule. If someone plays a Planeswalker I concede the game. I refuse to play with or against people who play Planeswalkers. They really did ruin the game.
A turn two Tibalt win?! Wicked... Betcha don't see that everyday.

The Pony Co. 

Is this my new ego sig? Yes it is, other Barry
57461258 wrote:
And that's why you should never, ever call RP Jesus on being a troll, because then everyone else playing along gets outed, too, and the thread goes back to being boring.
57461258 wrote:
See, this is why RPJesus should be in charge of the storyline. The novel line would never have been cancelled if he had been running the show. Specifically the Slobad and Geth's Head talkshow he just described.
57461258 wrote:
Not only was that an obligatory joke, it was an on-topic post that still managed to be off-topic due to thread derailment. RP Jesus does it again folks.
92481331 wrote:
I think I'm gonna' start praying to Jesus... That's right, RPJesus, I'm gonna' be praying to you, right now. O' Jesus Please continue to make my time here on the forums fun and cause me to chuckle. Amen.
92481331 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
It was wonderful. Us Johnnies had a field day. That Timmy with the Grizzly bears would actually have to think about swinging into your Mogg Fanatic, giving you time to set up your silly combo. Nowadays it's all DERPSWING! with thier blue jeans and their MP3 players and their EM EM OH AR PEE JEES and their "Dewmocracy" and their children's card games and their Jersey Shores and their Tattooed Tenaged Vampire Hunters from Beverly Hills
Seriously, that was amazing. I laughed my *ss off. Made my day, and I just woke up.
[quote=ArtVenn You're still one of my favorite people... just sayin'.[/quote]
56756068 wrote:
56786788 wrote:
.....would it be a bit blasphemous if I said, "PRAYSE RPJAYSUS!" like an Evangelical preacher?
Perhaps, but who doesn't like to blaspheme every now and again? Especially when Mr. RPJesus is completely right.
56756068 wrote:
I don't say this often, but ... LOL
57526128 wrote:
You... You... Evil something... I actualy made the damn char once I saw the poster... Now you made me see it again and I gained resolve to put it into my campaign. Shell be high standing oficial of Cyrix order. Uterly mad and only slightly evil. And it'll be bad. Evil even. And ill blame you and Lizard for it :P.
57042968 wrote:
111809331 wrote:
I'm trying to work out if you're being sarcastic here. ...
Am going to stop you right there... it's RPJesus... he's always sarcastic
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
112114441 wrote:
we can only hope it gets the jace treatment...it could have at least been legendary
So that even the decks that don't run it run it to deal with it? Isn't that like the definition of format warping?
I lol'd.
56287226 wrote:
98088088 wrote:
Uktabi Orangutan What the heck's going on with those monkeys?
The most common answer is that they are what RPJesus would call "[Debutantes avert your eyes]ing."
56965458 wrote:
Show
57461258 wrote:
116498949 wrote:
I’ve removed content from this thread because off-topic discussions are a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_... Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks. You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively. If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.
...Am I the only one that thinks this is reaching the point of downright Kafkaesque insanity?
I condone the use of the word Kafkaesque. However, I'm presentely ambivalent. I mean, that can't be serious, right? We're April 1st, right? They didn't mod RPJesus for off-topic discussion when the WHOLE THREAD IS OFF-TOPIC, right? Right.
57545908 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
Save or die. If you disagree with this, you're wrong (Not because of any points or arguements that have been made, but I just rolled a d20 for you and got a 1, so you lose).
58397368 wrote:
58222628 wrote:
This just won the argument, AFAIC.
That's just awesome.
57471038 wrote:
57718868 wrote:
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BEAR PRODUCING WORDS OF WILDING?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!
That's what RPJesus tends to do. That's why I don't think he's a real person, but some Magic Card Archive Server sort of machine, that is programmed to react to other posters' comments with obscure cards that do in fact exist, but somehow missed by even the most experienced Magic players. And then come up with strange combos with said cards. All of that is impossible for a normal human to do given the amount of time he does it and how often he does it. He/It got me with Light of Sanction, which prompted me to go to RQ&A to try and find if it was even possible to do combat damage to a creature I control (in light that Mark of Asylum exists).
71235715 wrote:
+10
100176878 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57078538 wrote:
heaven or hell.
Round 1. Lets rock.
GG quotes! RPJesus just made this thread win!
56906968 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
143359585 wrote:
Blue players get all the overpowerered cards like JTMS. I think it's time that wizards gave something to people who remember what magic is really about: creatures.
Initially yes, Wizards was married to blue. However, about a decade ago they had a nasty divorce, and a few years after that they began courting the attention of Green. Then in Worldwake they had a nasty affair with their ex, but as of Innistrad, things seem to have gotten back on track, and Wizards has even proposed.
You are my favorite. Yes you. And moments like this make it so. Thank you RPJesus for just being you.
On what flavor text fits me:
57307308 wrote:
Surely RPJesus gets Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius?
56874518 wrote:
First: I STILL can't take you seriously with that avatar. And I can take RPJesus seriously, so that's saying something.
121689989 wrote:
I'd offer you a cookie for making me laugh but it has an Upkeep Cost that has been known to cause people to quit eating.
56267956 wrote:
I <3 you loads
57400888 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
"AINT NO LAWS IN THE SKY MOTHER****." - Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran
10/10. Amazing.
I think the most important thing is a better MP environment. Better matchmaking, a proper ELO system, better stats (win percentage by deck etc), and above all a couple of playlists for more serious players, like random deck vs random deck, or best of 3 with side boarding.
..."window.parent.tinyMCE.get('post_content').onLoad.dispatch();" contenteditable="true" />Very nice. I can see it... just like Gyromancer, but with Magic:

I've always been of the mind that they can't/won't give us any more content that makes the game closer to M:tGO (full deck customization, drafts etc.), but that doesn't mean there isn't more to give beyond decks and cards. There are more ways to play it beyond simple "Magic", and people who just want duels for what it is now still have that. If the extra campaign and/or whatever game styles necessitate a price increase, balance/justify it with more DotP content (say, 15 decks in the base game instead of 10, "more decks than ever!" is never a bad place to start an ad campaign).

Anyway, just saying. A lot of people spend a lot of time unlocking the decks. The least they could do is have the option of enjoying it as well.

They should do new Shandalar game - Magic RPG with traveling the world and dungeons. Even without custom duels it would be a killer.

The key focus of the game should be on the card game.  I really don't want to see a repeat of Battlegrounds or Tactics.

Ravnica though could make a fine Baldur's Gate-like RPG though.
IMAGE(http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p268/TsengFox/20804.jpg)
The key focus of the game should be on the card game.  I really don't want to see a repeat of Battlegrounds or Tactics.

Of course. I'm not advocating changing anything in Duels, save for the boring campaign (and even then, it's simply adding pictures and information and giving the matches story and meaning). This is all in addition to to what we have, not instead of.

Duels would still be Duels, but you have this added thing you can do instead of grinding the AI for card unlocks (which, custom match would still be there, so you can still grind that way if you want).

Also, I forgot to mention, this would be inaddition to the ability to save multiple deck builds and assign such builds to Custom match AI opponents. You would always be able to revisit previous matches in the campaign if you wanted, especially encounters if you wanted quick and easy matches to unlock cards.

Think of all the different ways you'd be able to play/unlock/test decks. An interesting campaign, custom matches, multiple deck builds, custom AI decks...

This would all be in addition to online play, which is the real draw of DotP. 
Give me more music!!
Give me more music!!

On that note, why is the music in this game so loud?
Sign In to post comments