Point of curiousity: Most PP on a non Psionic Class?

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
Seeing the other thread regarding a non-Psionic class with Power Points, I got curious as to how many you can get on to that chassis? MCing Psionic for a Psionic Paragon Path has to be allowed, I would think, otherwise the amount stays fairly low. Hybriding Psionic kinda moots the question though, so that's out.

At a base, 1 from theme, 2 from Path, 2 from ED for 5? How high can it go without being a hybrid?
A Beginners Primer to CharOp. Archmage's Ascension - The Wizard's Handbook. Let the Hammer Fall: Dwarf Warpriest/Tactical Warpriest/Indomitable Champion, a Defending Leader. Requiem for Dissent: Cleric/Fighter/Paragon of Victory Melee Leader Ko te manu e kai i te miro, nona te ngahere. Ko te manu e kai i te matauranga e, nano te ao katoa. It's the proliferation of people who think the rules are more important than what the rules are meant to accomplish. - Dedekine
6. As above, and add 1 PP that recharges daily from Awakened Potential. That's about it I think.
Mountain Cleave Rule: You can have any sort of fun, including broken, silly fun, so long as I get to have that fun too (e. g., if you can warp reality with your spells, I can cleave mountains with my blade).
Power Swap feat gives you points
"Invokers are probably better round after round but Wizard dailies are devastating. Actually, devastating is too light a word. Wizard daily powers are soul crushing, encounter ending, havoc causing pieces of awesome." -AirPower25 Sear the Flesh, Purify the Soul; Harden the Heart, and Improve the Mind; Born of Blood, but Forged by Fire; The MECH warrior reaches perfection.
Power Swap feat gives you points

So that's up to 11/encounter and 1/day, but you've got an extremely crappy power for it. Tongue Out
I could swear there's a boon that gives you 1 or 2, if you're willing to go down that road.

EDIT: Found it. Chosen of Tectuktitlay. 2 additional PP.

Also, are we counting the PP that Noble Adept gives you for taking its power swaps? There IS more to that theme than just the 1 free point at the beginning, after all. Those powers are rarely better than the alternative, but for the purposes of this discussion? They're probably the single biggest source we've got.
IIRC, those don't involve the feat cost class power swaps do?
A Beginners Primer to CharOp. Archmage's Ascension - The Wizard's Handbook. Let the Hammer Fall: Dwarf Warpriest/Tactical Warpriest/Indomitable Champion, a Defending Leader. Requiem for Dissent: Cleric/Fighter/Paragon of Victory Melee Leader Ko te manu e kai i te miro, nona te ngahere. Ko te manu e kai i te matauranga e, nano te ao katoa. It's the proliferation of people who think the rules are more important than what the rules are meant to accomplish. - Dedekine
PMCing into a psionic class also gives you power points, and you have an augmentable at-will to use with the power points you get from power swapping.

So, 1 theme +2 PMC +6 epic power swap +2 ED +1 from Awakened Potential.  That's 12 for one encounter/day, and 11 for the rest of your encounters.  If you're just spamming your heroic-tier augmentable at-will, it's probably more than enough for most adventures.
PMCing into a psionic class also gives you power points, and you have an augmentable at-will to use with the power points you get from power swapping.

So, 1 theme +2 PMC +6 epic power swap +2 ED +1 from Awakened Potential.  That's 12 for one encounter/day, and 11 for the rest of your encounters.  If you're just spamming your heroic-tier augmentable at-will, it's probably more than enough for most adventures.

Can't be done because Psionic Dabbler only lets you use the augmentable at-will once per encounter. The feat also gives you more power points if you swap a higher tier power, up to 6 for a level 23 encounter power. So the total is 1 (theme) + 2 (PP) + 4 (Godmind ED lvl 30 feature) + 1 (Awakened Potential) + 6 (Psionic Dabbler) + 2 (Chosen of Tectuktitlay) = 16 power points. 

There are very few uses for power points on non-psionic characters though. You could stock up on items with augmentable powers, but those are generally not worth it. Best use is probably Orb of Nimble Thoughts. Shift your INT-mod as a move action, spend 1 power point to regain the power. 

Alternatively you could use Gleaming Armor to gain concealment every time you get hit, or you could go really deep and use a Staff of Psicraft repeatedly to enlarge any psionic attacks that you got through your MC and PP.

Can't be done because Psionic Dabbler only lets you use the augmentable at-will once per encounter.

PMCing into a power point class lets you swap one of your old at-wills for an augmentable at-will.  Psionic Dabbler is mainly a source of extra power points to fuel your real at-will.
Ah, missed that you were PMCing. But if you do that, you might as well select a psionic paragon path. Gives you the same amount of power points while saving a lot of feats.
Here's a little something from a while ago:
community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/758...

I don't think those use any Dark Sun or Dragon, so better could definitely happen.

Cog Crystals get to be dirt cheap after about 8 levels or so.

To coin a build "phrase" ... if you think about it like a
Beta-Strike instead of an Alpha- , you can generate
ppoints and doink around using them for whatever.

Here comes your 19th forums breakdown ... ohh who's to blame, it ain't 5E driving you insane.

Ah, missed that you were PMCing. But if you do that, you might as well select a psionic paragon path. Gives you the same amount of power points while saving a lot of feats.

Psionic PP doesn't give you an augmentable at-will that you can use at-will.  Having that at-will is the real payoff from spending all those feats PMCing.  And if you have enough power points to spam the augment 2, good times.
Shardmind race.