Esper Zombies/Spirits

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ok, this is the deck list as I currently have it. Open to changes.

4 Isolated Chapel
4 Drowned Catacomb
8 Swamp
3 Plains
3 Island

2 Sorin, Lord of Innistrad
1 Liliana of the Veil

4 Diregraf Ghoul
4 Gravecrawler
3 Geralf's Messenger
3 Evil Twin
3 Dungeon Geists
3 Drgoskol Captain
3 Diregraf Captain

4 Lingering Souls
3 Syncopate
3 Oblivion Ring
2 Midnight Haunting

I'm thinking I may take out the Spirit theme altogether and add some more spells like Tragic Slip, Sign in Blood, etc. I'd also like to add another Sorin and another Liliana, and maybe a Tamiyo or Jace.

This is the first deck I've ever posted on this forum, so comments are appreciated. 
It seems like you're trying to do too much with one deck.

You have the aggro theme covered with zombies, though I wonder why you've omitted the 4th Gravecrawler and Messenger.

Then you've added the slightly aggro but more midrangey theme of spirits, which I agree you should probably scrap.

Jace and Tamiyo are more for control decks which it doesn't seem like you're trying to be, so I also don't agree with the syncopates.

If you want to go straight zombies, max out on captains, messengers, and gravecrawlers.  However this color combination will be worse than RB and GB right now since RB has the reach with its burn spells and GB has Rancor and Lotleth Troll.  Also losing Phantasmal Image stinks.  Blue doesn't offer much besides the captain.  Blood Artist is a consideration but without more sac outlets due to rotation or color requirements he just won't be as good..

Maybe go a tokens route?  Some decks like this one have been doing ok lately: magic.tcgplayer.com/db/deck.asp?deck_id=...
I had the typical Jund Zombies deck, but I got tired of playing it and wanted to move in a new direction.

I have 4 Gravecrawlers, but ommitted the 4th Messenger because I didn't want the deck to get too cluttered with 3 drops (Messenger, both Captains, Souls, Haunting, Liliana, etc...).

I may take out the Midnight Haunting, Dungeon Geists, Drogskol Captain, and Syncopate. However, I need ideas of what to put in their place. I went the discard route before this incarnation. That is, Duress, Mind Rot, and Mental Agony were used instead of the previously mentioned cards.

Thanks for the response!

I tweaked it a little bit. Took out the Spirit theme, but kept the syncopates. Added another Messenger.

4 Isolated Chapel
4 Drowned Catacomb
8 Swamp
3 Plains
3 Island

2 Sorin, Lord of Innistrad
1 Liliana of the Veil

4 Diregraf Ghoul
4 Gravecrawler
4 Geralf's Messenger
3 Evil Twin
3 Diregraf Captain