Village of Albridge - Expanded Map

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hi Everyone.

After finishing my Nentir Vale map which is posted in the "Beyond the Nentir Vale" forum, I decided to learn how to use Campaign Cartographer 3's City Designer module. So I decided to develop an expanded map of the Village of Albridge from D&D's "Reavers of Harkenwold" Adventure from the Essential's DM Kit. It's now finished (I think), complete with labels:

IMAGE(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v508/Agatheron/DnDMinis/Maps/Albridge-text-Med.jpg)

If you want to get a good close-in look:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v508/Agathero...

This map is to be used with my gaming crew in order to plan out the battle that will take place in and around Albridge as part of the adventure. The invaders will approach from the south, and the players will be using this map to plan their defence.

I had fun with this. I used CC3's City Designer module. I only used photoshop to crop it and to save it for web friendly sizes.

I wanted to use the expanded map, because I know my crew well enough that they are going to want to have a map of the larger countryside so as to plan the battle out.

Comments and Critique are welcome
Beautiful map Agatheron!
Simple amazing. That is amazing. Very very cool
Very nice.  Sweet map.

I can draw a decent dungeon or castle map, but I am lousy at overland/large area maps.

How much of a learning curve does the Campaign Cartographer software have?
The learning curve isn't too bad. I'm still on it, really. What I'm doing to learn it is taking an existing map and either tracing over it or eyeballing it. One of the things to remember is that the sheet effects are what gives the map its smooth and more realistic appearance. However, those aren't active when you're drawing the map. Every once in a while you have to turn the sheet effects on to see how it looks, and then adjust things accordingly.

My next project is a version of Harkenwold that uses a different symbol set than the Fenlon-style that I did for the larger Nentir Vale. I prefer the Fenlon look to be honest, but this was a way to try something different.
damn it, i already ran this adventure!

still much appreciated, good work. you might want to post this here as well, im sure others would enjoy it

community.wizards.com/go/forum/view/7588...

Sign In to post comments