Article of the Fey ri this month in Dungeon

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Does anyone know if the artical will include player character stats for playing a fey ri race?
We won't know until the magazine is released i fear.

Yan
Montréal, Canada
@Plaguescarred on twitter

Do we really need a new race that won't have any kind of support at all and will be left forgotten because of that?
Does anyone know if the artical will include player character stats for playing a fey ri race?

Since it is in Dungeon rather than Dragon, probably not.  

Fey'ri are demonic eladrin (or at least they were in previous editions). Not sure you really need a new race for that, just take the demon blood theme or a tiefling ;)
Why? Flavor. The Fey'ri are really cool part of the Forgotten Realms history. That alone is a good enough reason.

Actually, I'd like to see it as a alernate Tiefling build like they did for the wood elves and wild elves.
Do we really need a new race that won't have any kind of support at all and will be left forgotten because of that?

They didn't come out of thin air. They've been around as a true-breeding line of elven tieflings (specifically gold elves of house Dlardrageth and various tanar'ri) since 3e. I suspect it'll be interesting to see how the article handles the 3e/4e disconnect in terminology (and retcon on succubi origins in 4e) related to elves and tieflings.
Shemeska the Marauder, Freelancer 5 / Yugoloth 10