Different kind of EDH combo deck. WBU

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
I'm looking to make a combo deck that is full of combos that either defeat one player only or cripple one player at a time.
All cards are welcome, the only real rule being that the deck is WUB.

Here is an example of some of my current combos
Tunnel vision + hinder (or spell crumple, junktroller, etc)

Isochron scepter + Counterspell

Donate + Celestial Dawn

Sorry i'm new here and don't know how to autocard.
to Autocard, type without spaces [ c]Swords to Plowshares[ /c] - giving you Swords to Plowshares.

As well try Helm of Obedience and Rest in Peace.  This sounds like it will be a Zur the Enchanter cripple-you deck.  You could get away with things like Solitary Confinement, Contamination and Necropotence as well. 

to Autocard, type without spaces [ c]Swords to Plowshares[ /c] - giving you Swords to Plowshares.

As well try Helm of Obedience and Rest in Peace.  This sounds like it will be a Zur the Enchanter cripple-you deck.  You could get away with things like Solitary Confinement, Contamination and Necropotence as well. 

Thanks for the autocard knowledge. 

Currently the deck is merieke ri berit - i found that playing zur the enchanter got too much attention.

I don't know about a cripple you deck, i just wanted to put together a combo deck that could only really win after comboing out multiple times. Things like contamination seem to wreck the whole table, where as i'm looking for ones like donate + celestial dawn that only wrecks one person.

Here is another example of what i'm looking for

Combo i don't want Time walk every turn = i win

Combo i do want Time stop every turn on one opponents turn = he loses

Really they don't even have to be game enders, just something to really hurt one player.
cyclonic rift + wit's end or amnesia

I hope that makes sense. Thanks for the helm of obedience combo, that is pretty close to what i'm looking for.
Hmm.

Mycosynth Lattice + Hurkyl's Recall on Isochron Scepter will destroy one person.  Enduring Renewal and a to  CMC creature with a Sac outlet and Bitter Ordeal will wreck one person.  Could also wreck an entire table.  Su-Chi + Nim Deathmantle + Grinding Station can also wreck one person, or a whole table, but is targetted like Bitter Ordeal.  Sudden Disappearance and Sundial of the Infinite can completely hobble one person. 

If you are looking to play that game, I think your general legend would be better filled by Sen Triplets, regardless of the hate it draws. 

Another suggestion for your deck is Archaeomancer.  Get those spells back!
Dissipation Field + warped devotion.
Pariah + Stuffy Doll
Enchanted Evening + Sphere of Safety thought this does leave you open to destruction more easily. 
Grave pact + Grave Betrayal
Spirit Mantle +  Phage the Untouchable
Quietus Spike + Spirit Mantle/Whispersilk Cloak + Fencing Ace

Some of those are artifact based... but they're pretty potent combinations.
Mindslaver and acadamy ruins is in your colors.
Mindslaver and acadamy ruins is in your colors.

That's a good one. Thanks.
To add a card to the Helm of Obedience and Rest in Peace combo that is also in your colors Leyline of the Void does the same thing as Rest in Peace.
To add a card to the Helm of Obedience and Rest in Peace combo that is also in your colors Leyline of the Void does the same thing as Rest in Peace.

Excellent point. I am a big fan of combos that have interchangeable pieces like that.