whatgoyf

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Based on rewording by magicpablo666.

Whatgoyf

Artifact Creature - Llurgoyf
: Whatgoyf's power and toughness are equal to half the number of creatures you control that have unique power and toughness combinations rounded up.
: Add X to your mana pool, where X is equal to a quarter of the number of creatures you control that have a unique power and toughness combination rounded down.
0/1

Fargoyf

: Fargoyf's power and toughness are equal to a quarter the number of creatures in play that have unique power and toughness combinations rounded up.
0/1

Original wording.

Show
whatgoyf

: X (power and toughness) are equal to half the number of creatures you control that have unique power and toughness combinations rounded up. Y is half of X rounded down. (could be rounded up -1 instead)
: Add to your mana pool Y times.
X/X

fargoyf

: X (power and toughness) is equal to a quarter of the number of creatures in play that have unique power and toughness combinations rounded up.
X/X
Looks cool I guess. What game are you designing for?

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
I think "power and toughness" is the only new terminology. I'm not sure if it can be reworded, if so how.

As an example, given the following creatures.

1/2
2/1
2/1
3/3

There are only 3, as the two 2/1's are not counted separately.

edit: Typo fixed.
power and toughness.

139359831 wrote:
That is a lovely painting of Richard Garfield. It really brings out his feminine side.
Fixed that too.

Tell me you weren't referring to seeing "defence" as opposed to "toughness" in the original post.
That was one of the things.

Here, let me give you a hand instead of just being a jerk.

Whatgoyf
Artifact Creature - Llurgoyf(I assume?)
Whatgoyf's power and toughness are equal to half the number of creatures you control that have unique power and toughness combinations rounded up.
: Add to your mana pool, where X is equal to a quarter of the number of creatures you control that have a unique power and toughness combination rounded down.

*/*

That might not be perfect, but I suspect it is improved.

139359831 wrote:
Thanks, see the original post.

It requires the ":" because otherwise there is a troublesome loop that can occur, for example if you control Whatgoyf and a 2/2.
Aesthetigoyf
Creature - Lhurgoyf (Unhinged Rare)
~'s power is equal to the number of different artists' art on cards in all graveyards, and its toughness is 1 plus this number (Count only the first card of each artist. Except Rebecca Guay, she's just that good.)
*/1+*
Illus.: Rebecca Guay.

I want this to be a card so bad.
Preparing for the M14 Prerelease - New article up! IN THE TANK - my very own blog for rambling about Magic!
Thanks, see the original post.

It requires the ":" because otherwise there is a troublesome loop that can occur, for example if you control Whatgoyf and a 2/2.

so what's its power and toughness in your upkeep before you activate the ability?

120.6. Some effects replace card draws.

why are you here when NGA exists and is just better

Good point, I've made them 0/1 before the ability is activated the first time.