Why you should support the DOTP franchise and stop complaining!

41 posts / 0 new
Last post
I am a little gutted there are only 30 cards in the new dlc, and I am annoyed there is never any real notice before new content is released.  I also think there are aspects of 2013 that can be improved.

Ok fair enough, I guess you can be a little annoyed that the two new card pools are smaller than the others.  Remember 2012 though.  We only had a pool of 90 cards.  Now we have a card pool of 100+ AND Wizards gave us promotional unlocks for FREE, which for the most part, improved the decks.  Any other company would have charged or not bothered at all.  As well as this, they have fixed issues that people have had with the game and seem keen to fix things in the future.

I've been reading a lot of people saying stuff like "I'm not buying the next dlc until there are promo unlocks."  Honestly, this deck pack doesn't look that appealing to me, but I'm still going to buy it.  The reason why is that I want to support the franchise.  I want Wizards to be able to justify putting more man power, resources, and cash into future installments of the game.

I didn't play the first Magic DOTP but I did play 2012 ALOT.  I also play 2013 ALOT.  I love these games.  Download the decks with me, and let's all try and slap Nicol Bolas in the face with them... HARD.  In my opinion, I can only see things improving.
I've been reading a lot of people saying stuff like "I'm not buying the next dlc until there are promo unlocks."  Honestly, this deck pack doesn't look that appealing to me, but I'm still going to buy it.  The reason why is that I want to support the franchise.  I want Wizards to be able to justify putting more man power, resources, and cash into future installments of the game.


I want to support them too.
I also want an explanation as to why they lazed out on the last 6 decks.
I mean, what kind of design team can sit there and say "All the decks are getting 40 cards to unlock.....Except these ones."
I want to know how they could do evreything else as well as they did, but then, not even drop the ball, but shove a railroad spike through the ball and throw the ball into a fire, on something as simple as how many cards to put in the decks.
Really, I want to know the mentality behind it. Because on paper it sounds like a really really stupid decision. And I have a big issue with stupid people.

I've been reading a lot of people saying stuff like "I'm not buying the next dlc until there are promo unlocks."  Honestly, this deck pack doesn't look that appealing to me, but I'm still going to buy it.  The reason why is that I want to support the franchise.  I want Wizards to be able to justify putting more man power, resources, and cash into future installments of the game.


I want to support them too.
I also want an explanation as to why they lazed out on the last 6 decks.
I mean, what kind of design team can sit there and say "All the decks are getting 40 cards to unlock.....Except these ones."
I want to know how they could do evreything else as well as they did, but then, not even drop the ball, but shove a railroad spike through the ball and throw the ball into a fire, on something as simple as how many cards to put in the decks.
Really, I want to know the mentality behind it. Because on paper it sounds like a really really stupid decision. And I have a big issue with stupid people.


Is it 100% confirmed that they won't be releasing additional cards for the upcoming decks at a later stage?
Is it 100% confirmed that they won't be releasing additional cards for the upcoming decks at a later stage?


I want to know that too.
Is it 100% confirmed that they won't be releasing additional cards for the upcoming decks at a later stage?


I want to know that too.

Yeah see this is why I think people are jumping the gun and complaining too soon.  Personally I'd enjoy coming home from work one day to find that 10 extra cards have been released for the upcoming decks once I think I know them inside out.  Changing the game improves the game!

Maybe they'll introduce a fee for those who complained? Laughing
I am sure it will all be linked into the gatecrash prerelease where you get codes for attending
I am sure it will all be linked into the gatecrash prerelease where you get codes for attending

Yeah that's a good shout.  Fingers crossed.

It's not a matter of 2013 in general having way more cards than 2012. It's a matter of 6 decks being stuck with 30 cards (maybe) while all others have 40. Everybody would be happy if every deck had 30 and everybody would be happy if every deck had 40. It's a little tough to buy into these deck packs when they may underperform because they don't have the often powerful promo cards.
I've been reading a lot of people saying stuff like "I'm not buying the next dlc until there are promo unlocks."  Honestly, this deck pack doesn't look that appealing to me, but I'm still going to buy it.  The reason why is that I want to support the franchise.  I want Wizards to be able to justify putting more man power, resources, and cash into future installments of the game.


I want to support them too.
I also want an explanation as to why they lazed out on the last 6 decks.
I mean, what kind of design team can sit there and say "All the decks are getting 40 cards to unlock.....Except these ones."
I want to know how they could do evreything else as well as they did, but then, not even drop the ball, but shove a railroad spike through the ball and throw the ball into a fire, on something as simple as how many cards to put in the decks.
Really, I want to know the mentality behind it. Because on paper it sounds like a really really stupid decision. And I have a big issue with stupid people.




"It's a good value."  -Splattercat

You're a lose cannon.

 

 

"I played 70 card decks before it was cool to play 70 card decks." -Random M:tG hipster

It's a good value."  -Splattercat


Umm...Okay?

Relevance?

Trolling?

Your point?

Did I say the deck packs were a bad value anywhere?

Quotes please....


You know sixty, since you're the absolute WORST for taking everything I say out of context, maybe this will put things into pespective for you:

I don't give a sailing **** about the "value". I am annoyed at the seemingly random choice made by a design team to give 15 decks 40 cards and 6 decks 30 cards. It gives the decks less to work with than the others. It gives the decks less variety. I am of the opinion that this is not a good thing. I am of the opinion that a design team consciously made this not good decision and I will hold to that opinion until evidence shows otherwise, then I will reconsider it. 

So if you want to quote something, or paraphrase since you've NEVER been able to quote anything you've claimed I've said, quote that.
Is it even fair to say that 15 decks were given 40 cards?  Remember, the promo unlocks were PROMOTIONAL.  They were never meant to be unlockable through the course of ordinary play, so who's to say that the majority of players even got the codes?  As has been pointed out many times, forum-goers are a minority of the player base.  From the official base product, each deck only has 30 cards.

I understand the frustration.  Who doesn't want an extra 10 cards when we were used to having them already?  But to suggest that this is some major failing on the part of Wizards or Stainless, I think, is being unfair
My issue isn't with the 10 cards being missing. I would love them in the decks, true enough, but my problem is the classic 'wall of silence' marketing strategy being laid out here. A lot of people who have the game don't even know about these forums, and will be expecting promo unlocks. Hate to be one of them and not know exactly what i'm buying. On top of that, Wizards-Sean has been all over these forums in the days leading up to the release of the deck pack. Where is he now we want a simple yes or no answer regarding promo cards? If he has time off, then why aren't we getting an answer from somebody else? Is it really that hard? Hell, I would even accept 'I don't know' as an answer for now, at least it's honest, but instead we get absolutely nothing at all. 

I've been informed he likes to be contacted via pm, and sure enough, he said he always answers quickly. I know one person at least has pm'd him, where is he? He says he get's email alerts when pm'd, so ignoring it is my guess. And THAT is my issue.  
I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
I've posted a reply HERE concerning the new DLC and extra card unlocks.

Sean Gibbons

Associate Community Manager

Official MTG Twitter: @Wizards_Magic Official MTGO Twitter: @MagicOnline

Is it even fair to say that 15 decks were given 40 cards?  Remember, the promo unlocks were PROMOTIONAL.  They were never meant to be unlockable through the course of ordinary play, so who's to say that the majority of players even got the codes?  As has been pointed out many times, forum-goers are a minority of the player base.  From the official base product, each deck only has 30 cards.

I understand the frustration.  Who doesn't want an extra 10 cards when we were used to having them already?  But to suggest that this is some major failing on the part of Wizards or Stainless, I think, is being unfair


It's perfectly fair. The people that designed the decks had to have playtested them to make them as balanced as they are. And they had to have tested them with the Promo cards. So why stop short?

In the final analysis, after the last decks are released, we will have 15 decks with 40 extra cards to customize with, and 6 decks with 30 unlockables to customize with. They had to have known this going in...


I've been reading a lot of people saying stuff like "I'm not buying the next dlc until there are promo unlocks."  Honestly, this deck pack doesn't look that appealing to me, but I'm still going to buy it.  The reason why is that I want to support the franchise.  I want Wizards to be able to justify putting more man power, resources, and cash into future installments of the game.



While I totally get your point and, to an extent, even agree with the sentiment, I'm on the flip side of the quote above. Ultimately, we're not supporting a charity or a social movement - we're talking about a product that we pay for. As such, our obligation to back this product is non-existent when we're not happy with what's for sale. Really, I can think of no better way of voicing our disapproval than with our wallets.

If we're striving to show WotC what we actually want from this game, skipping purchase on the deck packs makes sense: the core game gave us tons of content for a (comparatively) fair price. These deck packs are quite a bit more expensive per deck, and with less content. If we take exception, now is the time to say so, and our money is the way to voice it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating a ban on anyone buying the deck pack. But I do think it's fair and legitimate to feel gouged by this latest offering, to such an extent that people decide not to buy it. If that doesn't improve WotC's offering, nothing will.
This topic should be why you should support the DOTP franchise and never stop complaining.


Not even poking fun, we should continue to support the product as companies will often see bad sales as 'Well that wasnt worth doing, lets not do it again'

But we should also complain, as the community has done since DOTP '09 and each iteration of the game since has made steps towards addressing those complaints.

So yeah, keep buying, but keep complaining too. If you stop complaining, you're telling a business that everything is perfect, and to continue as is.



Which all that said. You can make complaints and not be dicks. You can also still be gratious and appreaciative alongside complaints. Its not an either or extreme.
Conversely, one could argue that if you keep paying for poorly-supported products, companies will often see that as an excuse to keep releasing poorly-supported products.

Which is why any responsible consumer should not purchase any product that is not up to your personal standards. What, exactly, those standards are is something that only you can decide.

A responsible consumer should also tell the company, in detail, the exact problems with the product that caused you to not purchase it, and tell them that you would only consider purchasing similar products in future if those problems are addressed.


When a company keeps making money, there is no reason for them to change anything. It's only when they start making less money that they start looking for what went wrong and how to fix it.
I've been reading a lot of people saying stuff like "I'm not buying the next dlc until there are promo unlocks."  Honestly, this deck pack doesn't look that appealing to me, but I'm still going to buy it.  The reason why is that I want to support the franchise.  I want Wizards to be able to justify putting more man power, resources, and cash into future installments of the game.



While I totally get your point and, to an extent, even agree with the sentiment, I'm on the flip side of the quote above. Ultimately, we're not supporting a charity or a social movement - we're talking about a product that we pay for. As such, our obligation to back this product is non-existent when we're not happy with what's for sale. Really, I can think of no better way of voicing our disapproval than with our wallets.

If we're striving to show WotC what we actually want from this game, skipping purchase on the deck packs makes sense: the core game gave us tons of content for a (comparatively) fair price. These deck packs are quite a bit more expensive per deck, and with less content. If we take exception, now is the time to say so, and our money is the way to voice it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating a ban on anyone buying the deck pack. But I do think it's fair and legitimate to feel gouged by this latest offering, to such an extent that people decide not to buy it. If that doesn't improve WotC's offering, nothing will.



Intelligent debate... such a rarity. And I agree 100%.
Conversely, one could argue that if you keep paying for poorly-supported products, companies will often see that as an excuse to keep releasing poorly-supported products.

Which is why any responsible consumer should not purchase any product that is not up to your personal standards. What, exactly, those standards are is something that only you can decide.

A responsible consumer should also tell the company, in detail, the exact problems with the product that caused you to not purchase it, and tell them that you would only consider purchasing similar products in future if those problems are addressed.


When a company keeps making money, there is no reason for them to change anything. It's only when they start making less money that they start looking for what went wrong and how to fix it.



Companies are full of people. People are lazy. Companies are therefore lazy.

It's human nature...

I want to know how they could do evreything else as well as they did, but then, not even drop the ball, but shove a railroad spike through the ball and throw the ball into a fire, on something as simple as how many cards to put in the decks.


I take it you suffer from OCD?
Although if you wanna talk about dropping the ball, has the whole singleton thing been brought up? Like yeah, I get that they have a limited number of cards (30 or 40 either way), and they want some variety, but it bugs me that Krenko's deck only gets one copy of Krenko. Not that Goblin Gangland Style needs the help, but it's the principle of the thing (Although I mean, it's not really an issue, just one of those little things). And the fact that I would run 40 Krenkos and 20 mountains if the game allowed it (Even if he is a cheap Marrow-Gnawer knockoff) :33.

Zammm = Batman.

It's my sig in a box
58280208 wrote:
Everything is better when you read it in Bane's voice.
192334281 wrote:
Your human antics and desire to continue living have moved me. Just kidding. You cannot move me physically or emotionally. Wall humor.
57092228 wrote:
Copy effects work like a photocopy machine: you get a copy of the 'naked' card, NOT of what's on it.
56995928 wrote:
Funny story: InQuest Magazine (I think it was InQuest) had an oversized Chaos Orb which I totally rooked someone into allowing into a (non-sanctioned) game. I had a proxy card that was a Mountain with "Chaos Orb" written on it. When I played it, my opponent cried foul: Him: "WTF? a Proxy? no-one said anything about Proxies. Do you even own an actual Chaos Orb?" Me: "Yes, but I thought it would be better to use a Proxy." Him: "No way. If you're going to put a Chaos Orb in your deck you have to use your actual Chaos Orb." Me: "*Sigh*. Okay." I pulled out this huge Chaos Orb and placed it on the table. He tried to cry foul again but everyone else said he insisted I use my actual Chaos Orb and that was my actual Chaos Orb. I used it, flipped it and wiped most of his board. Unsurprisingly, that only worked once and only because everyone present thought it was hilarious.
My DM on Battleminds:
no, see i can kill defenders, but 8 consecutive crits on a battlemind, eh walk it off.
144543765 wrote:
195392035 wrote:
Hi guys! So, I'm a sort of returning player to Magic. I say sort of because as a child I had two main TCG's I liked. Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon. Some of my friends branched off in to Magic, and I bought two pre-made decks just to kind of fit in. Like I said, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon were what I really knew how to play. I have a extensive knowledge of deck building in those two TCG's. However, as far as Magic is concerned, I only ever used those two pre made decks. I know how the game is played, and I know general things, but now I want to get in the game for real. I want to begin playing it as a regular. My question is, are all cards ever released from the time of the inception of this game until present day fair game in a deck? Or are there special rules? Are some cards forbidden or restricted? Thanks guys, and I will gladly accept ANY help lol.
I have the same problem with women.
117639611 wrote:
198869283 wrote:
Oh I have a standing rule. If someone plays a Planeswalker I concede the game. I refuse to play with or against people who play Planeswalkers. They really did ruin the game.
A turn two Tibalt win?! Wicked... Betcha don't see that everyday.

The Pony Co. 

Is this my new ego sig? Yes it is, other Barry
57461258 wrote:
And that's why you should never, ever call RP Jesus on being a troll, because then everyone else playing along gets outed, too, and the thread goes back to being boring.
57461258 wrote:
See, this is why RPJesus should be in charge of the storyline. The novel line would never have been cancelled if he had been running the show. Specifically the Slobad and Geth's Head talkshow he just described.
57461258 wrote:
Not only was that an obligatory joke, it was an on-topic post that still managed to be off-topic due to thread derailment. RP Jesus does it again folks.
92481331 wrote:
I think I'm gonna' start praying to Jesus... That's right, RPJesus, I'm gonna' be praying to you, right now. O' Jesus Please continue to make my time here on the forums fun and cause me to chuckle. Amen.
92481331 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
It was wonderful. Us Johnnies had a field day. That Timmy with the Grizzly bears would actually have to think about swinging into your Mogg Fanatic, giving you time to set up your silly combo. Nowadays it's all DERPSWING! with thier blue jeans and their MP3 players and their EM EM OH AR PEE JEES and their "Dewmocracy" and their children's card games and their Jersey Shores and their Tattooed Tenaged Vampire Hunters from Beverly Hills
Seriously, that was amazing. I laughed my *ss off. Made my day, and I just woke up.
[quote=ArtVenn You're still one of my favorite people... just sayin'.[/quote]
56756068 wrote:
56786788 wrote:
.....would it be a bit blasphemous if I said, "PRAYSE RPJAYSUS!" like an Evangelical preacher?
Perhaps, but who doesn't like to blaspheme every now and again? Especially when Mr. RPJesus is completely right.
56756068 wrote:
I don't say this often, but ... LOL
57526128 wrote:
You... You... Evil something... I actualy made the damn char once I saw the poster... Now you made me see it again and I gained resolve to put it into my campaign. Shell be high standing oficial of Cyrix order. Uterly mad and only slightly evil. And it'll be bad. Evil even. And ill blame you and Lizard for it :P.
57042968 wrote:
111809331 wrote:
I'm trying to work out if you're being sarcastic here. ...
Am going to stop you right there... it's RPJesus... he's always sarcastic
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
112114441 wrote:
we can only hope it gets the jace treatment...it could have at least been legendary
So that even the decks that don't run it run it to deal with it? Isn't that like the definition of format warping?
I lol'd.
56287226 wrote:
98088088 wrote:
Uktabi Orangutan What the heck's going on with those monkeys?
The most common answer is that they are what RPJesus would call "[Debutantes avert your eyes]ing."
56965458 wrote:
Show
57461258 wrote:
116498949 wrote:
I’ve removed content from this thread because off-topic discussions are a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_... Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks. You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively. If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.
...Am I the only one that thinks this is reaching the point of downright Kafkaesque insanity?
I condone the use of the word Kafkaesque. However, I'm presentely ambivalent. I mean, that can't be serious, right? We're April 1st, right? They didn't mod RPJesus for off-topic discussion when the WHOLE THREAD IS OFF-TOPIC, right? Right.
57545908 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
Save or die. If you disagree with this, you're wrong (Not because of any points or arguements that have been made, but I just rolled a d20 for you and got a 1, so you lose).
58397368 wrote:
58222628 wrote:
This just won the argument, AFAIC.
That's just awesome.
57471038 wrote:
57718868 wrote:
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BEAR PRODUCING WORDS OF WILDING?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!
That's what RPJesus tends to do. That's why I don't think he's a real person, but some Magic Card Archive Server sort of machine, that is programmed to react to other posters' comments with obscure cards that do in fact exist, but somehow missed by even the most experienced Magic players. And then come up with strange combos with said cards. All of that is impossible for a normal human to do given the amount of time he does it and how often he does it. He/It got me with Light of Sanction, which prompted me to go to RQ&A to try and find if it was even possible to do combat damage to a creature I control (in light that Mark of Asylum exists).
71235715 wrote:
+10
100176878 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57078538 wrote:
heaven or hell.
Round 1. Lets rock.
GG quotes! RPJesus just made this thread win!
56906968 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
143359585 wrote:
Blue players get all the overpowerered cards like JTMS. I think it's time that wizards gave something to people who remember what magic is really about: creatures.
Initially yes, Wizards was married to blue. However, about a decade ago they had a nasty divorce, and a few years after that they began courting the attention of Green. Then in Worldwake they had a nasty affair with their ex, but as of Innistrad, things seem to have gotten back on track, and Wizards has even proposed.
You are my favorite. Yes you. And moments like this make it so. Thank you RPJesus for just being you.
On what flavor text fits me:
57307308 wrote:
Surely RPJesus gets Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius?
56874518 wrote:
First: I STILL can't take you seriously with that avatar. And I can take RPJesus seriously, so that's saying something.
121689989 wrote:
I'd offer you a cookie for making me laugh but it has an Upkeep Cost that has been known to cause people to quit eating.
56267956 wrote:
I <3 you loads
57400888 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
"AINT NO LAWS IN THE SKY MOTHER****." - Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran
10/10. Amazing.
Since it has been confirmed that the promo cards being excluded from the decks was by design I can surely say that I wont be purchasing the future deck packs. I see no overwhelming need to as SS is just about as complete of a deck as I've ever seen. Might as well send them a message even if I only am one person. 
To address the thread title directly -- first off, depends which franchise you mean.  Stainless might deserve some support.  not sure, they certainly aren't willing to provide much.  Wizards... no.  They're a predatory franchise.  I suppose that makes me their prey, since I like their game, but still, they don't need any support, they're more than willing to rip it out of the thousands of suckers who buy their real cards.

And no one should ever stop complaining.  That's what gets things changed.
I take it you suffer from OCD?


I take it you suffer from BAIQ?

Although if you wanna talk about dropping the ball, has the whole singleton thing been brought up? Like yeah, I get that they have a limited number of cards (30 or 40 either way), and they want some variety-- but it bugs me that Krenko's deck only gets one copy of Krenko. Not that Goblin Gangland Style needs the help, but it's the principle of the thing (Although I mean, it's not really an issue, just one of those little things). And the fact that I would run 40 Krenkos and 20 mountains if the game allowed it (Even if he is a cheap Marrow-Gnawer knockoff) :33.



Okay yeah, I have issues with some of the deck composition choices as well... But those can always be swept under the 'Game Balance' rug. If they used the most optimum cards in the most optimum quantity available Blue would always win.

Also..... 40 Krenkos and 20 mountains is a horrible deck...
I take it you suffer from OCD?


I take it you suffer from BAIQ?


Badass IQ? I wouldn't call it suffering, but totally :33. But yeah, don't take offense, I was just curious, since it seems like the numbers not matching up is an incredibly minor issue to be referred to as "dropping the ball and putting a railroad spike through it." (And this is coming from somebody who was quite upset with the game for not knowing the meaning of the word "reveal" until somebody explained that it does know the word "reveal," it's just a total guide dang it). 

Okay yeah, I have issues with some of the deck composition choices as well... But those can always be swept under the 'Game Balance' rug. If they used the most optimum cards in the most optimum quantity available Blue would always win.


True, though I'm not asking for Raffinity and Flash Hulk or anything, it just kind of bugs me when they're all like CHANDRA'S DECK! WITH REAL CHANDRA ACTION! (chandra not included.)

Also..... 40 Krenkos and 20 mountains is a horrible deck...


Probably, I was being hyperbolic to better express how ridonculous he is in Goblin Gangland Style.

Zammm = Batman.

It's my sig in a box
58280208 wrote:
Everything is better when you read it in Bane's voice.
192334281 wrote:
Your human antics and desire to continue living have moved me. Just kidding. You cannot move me physically or emotionally. Wall humor.
57092228 wrote:
Copy effects work like a photocopy machine: you get a copy of the 'naked' card, NOT of what's on it.
56995928 wrote:
Funny story: InQuest Magazine (I think it was InQuest) had an oversized Chaos Orb which I totally rooked someone into allowing into a (non-sanctioned) game. I had a proxy card that was a Mountain with "Chaos Orb" written on it. When I played it, my opponent cried foul: Him: "WTF? a Proxy? no-one said anything about Proxies. Do you even own an actual Chaos Orb?" Me: "Yes, but I thought it would be better to use a Proxy." Him: "No way. If you're going to put a Chaos Orb in your deck you have to use your actual Chaos Orb." Me: "*Sigh*. Okay." I pulled out this huge Chaos Orb and placed it on the table. He tried to cry foul again but everyone else said he insisted I use my actual Chaos Orb and that was my actual Chaos Orb. I used it, flipped it and wiped most of his board. Unsurprisingly, that only worked once and only because everyone present thought it was hilarious.
My DM on Battleminds:
no, see i can kill defenders, but 8 consecutive crits on a battlemind, eh walk it off.
144543765 wrote:
195392035 wrote:
Hi guys! So, I'm a sort of returning player to Magic. I say sort of because as a child I had two main TCG's I liked. Yu-Gi-Oh, and Pokemon. Some of my friends branched off in to Magic, and I bought two pre-made decks just to kind of fit in. Like I said, Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon were what I really knew how to play. I have a extensive knowledge of deck building in those two TCG's. However, as far as Magic is concerned, I only ever used those two pre made decks. I know how the game is played, and I know general things, but now I want to get in the game for real. I want to begin playing it as a regular. My question is, are all cards ever released from the time of the inception of this game until present day fair game in a deck? Or are there special rules? Are some cards forbidden or restricted? Thanks guys, and I will gladly accept ANY help lol.
I have the same problem with women.
117639611 wrote:
198869283 wrote:
Oh I have a standing rule. If someone plays a Planeswalker I concede the game. I refuse to play with or against people who play Planeswalkers. They really did ruin the game.
A turn two Tibalt win?! Wicked... Betcha don't see that everyday.

The Pony Co. 

Is this my new ego sig? Yes it is, other Barry
57461258 wrote:
And that's why you should never, ever call RP Jesus on being a troll, because then everyone else playing along gets outed, too, and the thread goes back to being boring.
57461258 wrote:
See, this is why RPJesus should be in charge of the storyline. The novel line would never have been cancelled if he had been running the show. Specifically the Slobad and Geth's Head talkshow he just described.
57461258 wrote:
Not only was that an obligatory joke, it was an on-topic post that still managed to be off-topic due to thread derailment. RP Jesus does it again folks.
92481331 wrote:
I think I'm gonna' start praying to Jesus... That's right, RPJesus, I'm gonna' be praying to you, right now. O' Jesus Please continue to make my time here on the forums fun and cause me to chuckle. Amen.
92481331 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
It was wonderful. Us Johnnies had a field day. That Timmy with the Grizzly bears would actually have to think about swinging into your Mogg Fanatic, giving you time to set up your silly combo. Nowadays it's all DERPSWING! with thier blue jeans and their MP3 players and their EM EM OH AR PEE JEES and their "Dewmocracy" and their children's card games and their Jersey Shores and their Tattooed Tenaged Vampire Hunters from Beverly Hills
Seriously, that was amazing. I laughed my *ss off. Made my day, and I just woke up.
[quote=ArtVenn You're still one of my favorite people... just sayin'.[/quote]
56756068 wrote:
56786788 wrote:
.....would it be a bit blasphemous if I said, "PRAYSE RPJAYSUS!" like an Evangelical preacher?
Perhaps, but who doesn't like to blaspheme every now and again? Especially when Mr. RPJesus is completely right.
56756068 wrote:
I don't say this often, but ... LOL
57526128 wrote:
You... You... Evil something... I actualy made the damn char once I saw the poster... Now you made me see it again and I gained resolve to put it into my campaign. Shell be high standing oficial of Cyrix order. Uterly mad and only slightly evil. And it'll be bad. Evil even. And ill blame you and Lizard for it :P.
57042968 wrote:
111809331 wrote:
I'm trying to work out if you're being sarcastic here. ...
Am going to stop you right there... it's RPJesus... he's always sarcastic
58335208 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
112114441 wrote:
we can only hope it gets the jace treatment...it could have at least been legendary
So that even the decks that don't run it run it to deal with it? Isn't that like the definition of format warping?
I lol'd.
56287226 wrote:
98088088 wrote:
Uktabi Orangutan What the heck's going on with those monkeys?
The most common answer is that they are what RPJesus would call "[Debutantes avert your eyes]ing."
56965458 wrote:
Show
57461258 wrote:
116498949 wrote:
I’ve removed content from this thread because off-topic discussions are a violation of the Code of Conduct. You can review the Code here: www.wizards.com/Company/About.aspx?x=wz_... Please keep your posts polite, on-topic, and refrain from making personal attacks. You are welcome to disagree with one another but please do so respectfully and constructively. If you wish to report a post for Code of Conduct violation, click on the “Report Post” button above the post and this will submit your report to the moderators on duty.
...Am I the only one that thinks this is reaching the point of downright Kafkaesque insanity?
I condone the use of the word Kafkaesque. However, I'm presentely ambivalent. I mean, that can't be serious, right? We're April 1st, right? They didn't mod RPJesus for off-topic discussion when the WHOLE THREAD IS OFF-TOPIC, right? Right.
57545908 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
Save or die. If you disagree with this, you're wrong (Not because of any points or arguements that have been made, but I just rolled a d20 for you and got a 1, so you lose).
58397368 wrote:
58222628 wrote:
This just won the argument, AFAIC.
That's just awesome.
57471038 wrote:
57718868 wrote:
HOW DID I NOT KNOW ABOUT THE BEAR PRODUCING WORDS OF WILDING?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!
That's what RPJesus tends to do. That's why I don't think he's a real person, but some Magic Card Archive Server sort of machine, that is programmed to react to other posters' comments with obscure cards that do in fact exist, but somehow missed by even the most experienced Magic players. And then come up with strange combos with said cards. All of that is impossible for a normal human to do given the amount of time he does it and how often he does it. He/It got me with Light of Sanction, which prompted me to go to RQ&A to try and find if it was even possible to do combat damage to a creature I control (in light that Mark of Asylum exists).
71235715 wrote:
+10
100176878 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
57078538 wrote:
heaven or hell.
Round 1. Lets rock.
GG quotes! RPJesus just made this thread win!
56906968 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
143359585 wrote:
Blue players get all the overpowerered cards like JTMS. I think it's time that wizards gave something to people who remember what magic is really about: creatures.
Initially yes, Wizards was married to blue. However, about a decade ago they had a nasty divorce, and a few years after that they began courting the attention of Green. Then in Worldwake they had a nasty affair with their ex, but as of Innistrad, things seem to have gotten back on track, and Wizards has even proposed.
You are my favorite. Yes you. And moments like this make it so. Thank you RPJesus for just being you.
On what flavor text fits me:
57307308 wrote:
Surely RPJesus gets Niv-Mizzet, Dracogenius?
56874518 wrote:
First: I STILL can't take you seriously with that avatar. And I can take RPJesus seriously, so that's saying something.
121689989 wrote:
I'd offer you a cookie for making me laugh but it has an Upkeep Cost that has been known to cause people to quit eating.
56267956 wrote:
I <3 you loads
57400888 wrote:
56957928 wrote:
"AINT NO LAWS IN THE SKY MOTHER****." - Agrus Kos, Wojek Veteran
10/10. Amazing.
I take it you suffer from OCD?


I take it you suffer from BAIQ?


Badass IQ? I wouldn't call it suffering, but totally :33. But yeah, don't take offense, I was just curious, since it seems like the numbers not matching up is an incredibly minor issue to be referred to as "dropping the ball and putting a railroad spike through it." (And this is coming from somebody who was quite upset with the game for not knowing the meaning of the word "reveal" until somebody explained that it does know the word "reveal," it's just a total guide dang it). 


No, I'm not Obsessive anything or Compulsive anything. 

"Dropping the ball" doesn't really do the situation justice though. I mean, it's not like they made a mistake. They made a concsious decision to make 6 decks that have less options than the others.

I'm not a fan of that kind of gross inconsistancy, especially when it's by design. If I were part of that design team and someone said "we're not going to include the last 10 cards for these 6 decks" I would say "Um, why would we do that? Seriously, why? If you're too lazy to finish your job then piss off."
I take it you suffer from OCD?


I take it you suffer from BAIQ?


Badass IQ? I wouldn't call it suffering, but totally :33. But yeah, don't take offense, I was just curious, since it seems like the numbers not matching up is an incredibly minor issue to be referred to as "dropping the ball and putting a railroad spike through it." (And this is coming from somebody who was quite upset with the game for not knowing the meaning of the word "reveal" until somebody explained that it does know the word "reveal," it's just a total guide dang it). 


No, I'm not Obsessive anything or Compulsive anything. 

"Dropping the ball" doesn't really do the situation justice though. I mean, it's not like they made a mistake. They made a concsious decision to make 6 decks that have less options than the others.

I'm not a fan of that kind of gross inconsistancy, especially when it's by design. If I were part of that design team and someone said "we're not going to include the last 10 cards for these 6 decks" I would say "Um, why would we do that? Seriously, why? If you're too lazy to finish your job then piss off."



[ hypocrisy ] I don't like to get involved in this sort of thing [ /hypocrisy ], but it really feels like they were miffed at the leak and cut the content from spite.
[ hypocrisy ] I don't like to get involved in this sort of thing [ /hypocrisy ], but it really feels like they were miffed at the leak and cut the content from spite.


I'd thought of that, but there's no evidence to support it, and they're not going to come out and say "we cut the cards out because you guys ruined our promo".

Also, strictly speaking, what would they have to gain from that? I mean, it's obvious that there would be people that won't buy the decks when they find out they have less cards in them.
[ hypocrisy ] I don't like to get involved in this sort of thing [ /hypocrisy ], but it really feels like they were miffed at the leak and cut the content from spite.


I'd thought of that, but there's no evidence to support it, and they're not going to come out and say "we cut the cards out because you guys ruined our promo".

Also, strictly speaking, what would they have to gain from that? I mean, it's obvious that there would be people that won't buy the decks when they find out they have less cards in them.



I'm sure it isn't the case, but I just can't shake that feeling, you know?
Gee there sure are alot of whiners and moaners on the forum now - pretty tiresome to read TBH. I feel sorry for Sean, he probably has to read all this.
Gee there sure are alot of whiners and moaners on the forum now - pretty tiresome to read TBH. I feel sorry for Sean, he probably has to read all this.


Look on the bright side. Least the trolls are almost all gone.


Also, could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Sean gets paid to read this, even insofar as he works for Wizards and this is one of his assigned tasks. If so I don't feel sorry for him. I mean, I wouldn't feel sorry for myself if I had to play liason to this forum. I'm sure he's up to the job, otherwise he wouldn't have it.
I've posted a reply HERE concerning the new DLC and extra card unlocks.



Cheers for letting us know the score Sean. And I've read the comments you guys posted. I can see the argument for complaining as customers. I think overall I wanted us to remember the original expansion cards were a gift, and damn good value for money at £0! Anyways, now need to get to bed and dream up ways of taking everyone down in this 2HG ladder SalukiJ is running....Mwahahahahahahaha.... Take it easy people, and thanks for the responses.
i will also continue  to support this franchise there alot of people who are there very few that are steamed over the promo cards and are not gonna get future dlc.What i say to those people are who cares when im beating you with the dlc decks don't get mad and kick me out of the room cause you don't have the dlc lol.
I'm actually not too upset over the lack of promo cards for the Deck Packs. I only haven't purchased the DLCs immediately due to the save-data-erase bug that seems to accompany each of the DLCs. If not for that, more than likely, I would buy the DLCs as soon as they came out, no questions asked.

I only took a chance with the first expansion DLC because I was bored out of my mind, having played the basic decks so much, and they were 50% off on Steam.
Although if you wanna talk about dropping the ball, has the whole singleton thing been brought up? Like yeah, I get that they have a limited number of cards (30 or 40 either way), and they want some variety, but it bugs me that Krenko's deck only gets one copy of Krenko. Not that Goblin Gangland Style needs the help, but it's the principle of the thing (Although I mean, it's not really an issue, just one of those little things). And the fact that I would run 40 Krenkos and 20 mountains if the game allowed it (Even if he is a cheap Marrow-Gnawer knockoff) :33.



Oh my! (If I write that at the start of this post, will you read the whole thing in the voice of George Takei?)

I'm sure you understand why that deck you suggested would never work, so I won't address that. But, the reason there is only one Krenko is that they only ever put one copy of any legendary creature in any deck in DotP. And even if they didn't follow their 'one of each legendary' rule, he is the 'leader' (I didn't want to say 'commander', hehe) of that deck and there can really be only one leader. He has a cool effect, sure, but they seem to take way more into consideration when creating the decks than just cool effects.

I seem to go off topic a bit, don't I?

Anyway, on topic: I agree with those who are saying that you should keep 'complaining', because that is how they are going to know what is wrong with the game. Though praise is due too, there is a lot right with the game. Also, the reason I put the word 'complaining' in quotation marks is that I never really liked that word, it sounds too much like 'whining' to me. Is there another, less irksome synonym? As far as whether or not you should buy the game/expansions, the choice, and the reasons for that choice, should be entirely up to the buyer.

Bah, I always start to ramble at 3 in the morning.

"People are like sausages: it's what's under the skin that's important... so poke them with a fork periodically."

"Lif is too short."

Yeah I actually like the "1 copy" of legendary creatures rule that DOTP follows.  It appeals to the Vorthos within me.
Although if you wanna talk about dropping the ball, has the whole singleton thing been brought up? Like yeah, I get that they have a limited number of cards (30 or 40 either way), and they want some variety, but it bugs me that Krenko's deck only gets one copy of Krenko. Not that Goblin Gangland Style needs the help, but it's the principle of the thing (Although I mean, it's not really an issue, just one of those little things). And the fact that I would run 40 Krenkos and 20 mountains if the game allowed it (Even if he is a cheap Marrow-Gnawer knockoff) :33.

But, the reason there is only one Krenko is that they only ever put one copy of any legendary creature in any deck in DotP.



GM gets two Kaervek the Merciless. I was playing CW last night and Bribed one. That was fun.
Although if you wanna talk about dropping the ball, has the whole singleton thing been brought up? Like yeah, I get that they have a limited number of cards (30 or 40 either way), and they want some variety, but it bugs me that Krenko's deck only gets one copy of Krenko. Not that Goblin Gangland Style needs the help, but it's the principle of the thing (Although I mean, it's not really an issue, just one of those little things). And the fact that I would run 40 Krenkos and 20 mountains if the game allowed it (Even if he is a cheap Marrow-Gnawer knockoff) :33.

But, the reason there is only one Krenko is that they only ever put one copy of any legendary creature in any deck in DotP.



GM gets two Kaervek the Merciless. I was playing CW last night and Bribed one. That was fun.


Yeah, and one was in the Promo unlocks.
Go figure...
But, the reason there is only one Krenko is that they only ever put one copy of any legendary creature in any deck in DotP.



GM gets two Kaervek the Merciless. I was playing CW last night and Bribed one. That was fun.


Yeah, and one was in the Promo unlocks.
Go figure...



Woah, there is too. What the hell? That'd be the first time they've done that. Maybe whoever was in charge of the promo unlocks didn't realise there was this unwritten rule. Oh man, the OCD in me is all sad that the rule has been broken. I just assumed that he wasn't legen-wait-for-it-dary because there was two of him, and I don't run him in my deck. Oh well.

"People are like sausages: it's what's under the skin that's important... so poke them with a fork periodically."

"Lif is too short."

legen-wait-for-it-dary, makes my brain hurt

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

I can't believe you guys are still discussing this.  I would have assumed everyone's said their peace at this point.



On a side note, I really like RPJesus.

Another side note, so many face palm moments in this thread.

You're a lose cannon.

 

 

"I played 70 card decks before it was cool to play 70 card decks." -Random M:tG hipster

All I want is random deck matches and then I can be forever content. Is that really too much to ask?