No promo cards for the new decks

312 posts / 0 new
Last post
I just bought the new decks in my ps3 and there are no promo cards for the new decks.

Sad day is sad

Oh hypocrisy! A World full of n00bs indeed!

Wtf?? Are u sure. I dont think is posible. Really. What the f. This is really. Not cool wotc. The decks are broken in a bad. Weak way. I guess. I dont have to spend. Extra money. Halo 4. Here i come
Nice how honest wizards are about it all lol. All we get is a comment from Sean saying he cannot say anything about the promos leaving us to assume we will get them. absolute joke
Wtf?? Are u sure. I dont think is posible. Really. What the f. This is really. Not cool wotc. The decks are broken in a bad. Weak way. I guess. I dont have to spend. Extra money. Halo 4. Here i come

Your deck starts with 60 cards and there are 30 unlocks

Oh hypocrisy! A World full of n00bs indeed!

It may be the case that either new promo codes are incoming, or that there's just an issue on PS3 (especially as the unlock keys aren't available either)

Here's a  thought though - anyone tried re-entering the promo codes? Remember - Expansion 1 was coded into the original game and this was not. Therefore using the codes before will have unlocked the promos for the hidden Expansion decks at the same time as the original ones, whereas the Deck Pack DLC, being new, might need to be told to again to reveal the promos.

Tried it and didn't work.

WotC doesn't care about flavor. Their forum is the only place where an ORC can kill a troll...

Lost around 120 posts in the forum migration

Post #1000 on Feb 02, 2013

Post #2000 on Sep 04, 2013

I agree with Steve, there HAS to be promo cards, right?  How much bs would that be if there were less cards in the last 6 decks?  It seems if there were actual new promo codes then they would be promoting it in some way and they are not...

To find a helpful Magic the Gathering DotP community that cares, go to: http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

Join my Tournament Notification Group for announcements involving upcoming tournaments!

Steam Profile Name: Nebula

Actually, I don't think we're going to get promos for this decks at any point. In the original game, we could see all the promo unlocks, even when we couldn't unlock them. The all even had that "X/40 cards unlocked". That's not the case with our 2 new decks. They have "X/30 cards unlocked". That said, even with 10 cards less, they are not underpowered by any means.

WotC doesn't care about flavor. Their forum is the only place where an ORC can kill a troll...

Wow, these decks desperately need 10 more power cards. I hope they're giving away new codes for them, because if it was a mistake, there's a good chance they will never fix it.
Actually, I don't think we're going to get promos for this decks at any point. In the original game, we could see all the promo unlocks, even when we couldn't unlock them. The all even had that "X/40 cards unlocked". That's not the case with our 2 new decks. They have "X/30 cards unlocked". That said, even with 10 cards less, they are not underpowered by any means.

I don't remember this... mine were all X/30 and I thought I had them all fully-unlocked, until I ran headlong into a Phyrexian Obliterator!
Ya, it never said X/40 until I unlocked the promos, then it went up by one from 30 with each unlock.  I play on Steam.

To find a helpful Magic the Gathering DotP community that cares, go to: http://www.nogoblinsallowed.com/viewforum.php?f=38

Join my Tournament Notification Group for announcements involving upcoming tournaments!

Steam Profile Name: Nebula

Maybe not underpowered, but with fewer possibilities. I don't like this at all.

On psn I could see the 10 locked promo cards from the beginning, mocking me.

Actually it didn't - not on xbox at least. It always said 30, then changed after you inputted a code.

Really? So yeah, there's still hope...

Didn't the deck packs in 2012 have less cards though, or am I just misremembering?

Regardless, if they did have promo unlocks, it would make sense not to give them away from the start. They must have been pretty annoyed that the others were leaked so quickly and close together, and as this DLC is new data it gives them a chance to add new codes and do the promotion properly rather than just give them all away again.

Hopefully Wizards Sean will answer soon, as in previous years they've let people build up hopes over things for weeks on end then dropped a big fat NO that they could have done a long time before.

I think we all should wait until the patch is online on Steam and the datamining starts. If there are promo unlocks, they will be there.

How the hell does anyone even find the thing in this new, screwed up ps store?

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

Sony, always copying as usual.

They saw how Microsoft made the Xbox dash completely un-navigable and counter intuitive and thought "we need some of that!"

I laughed.  

BTW - What a great post for your 1000th post on this forum.

You're a lose cannon.

"I played 70 card decks before it was cool to play 70 card decks." -Random M:tG hipster

Do these decks have Revenge versions?

I unfortunately suppose not (unfortunate for the modders here: easily modded to appear in free duel, and they make more fun AI to battle than the regular opponents), but IF they do exist, it's my recommendation to duel them a couple of times. After all, Revenge decks generally hold some Promo cards, so the existence of them can be confirmed that way.

Oh please, eu store has been like that for weeks now. We were the test stage...I can't believe it went so well! 

I am Blue/White
I am Blue/White
Take The Magic Dual Colour Test - Beta today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
I'm both orderly and rational. I value control, information, and order. I love structure and hierarchy, and will actively use whatever power or knowledge I have to maintain it. At best, I am lawful and insightful; at worst, I am bureaucratic and tyrannical.
I found it going through the game itself.
Jeez I can't even use a keyboard in the store anymore?
That's rich

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

Mastergear_Owen's take on Magic 2014 Campaign.

Show
You know what I've got more issues. Whats up with the story in this game? The adverts said I was going to team up with Chandra and we were going to kick butt and chew bubblegum across the planes on a revenge campaign against some... guy she knew I guess? Who's Ramaz anyway? What do I get instead? I beat Chandra like 2 minutes in with a mono-green stompy thing Garruk gave me (why does he keep giving all these new planeswalkers his deck) and then I spent like 5 hours jumping from plane to plane picking up random nicknacks for her mantlepiece while she sits back back doing her nails or something. I was thrown in jail! I got hit by a Roil Storm twice! Do you know how many rats are on Ravnica, Chandra? All of them! All of the rats! All of the rats eating me!

Then we go kick her Ex's bearded-screaming-butt and what does she do to help? Nothing! She throws of the occasional fire ball and spends her time trying not to freeze to death. You should have worn pants Chandra. While we're on the subject what happened to your shoes? You had like Steelies on. Steelies are cool. Now your running around with stupid boots with like 5-inch heels? Thats not appropriate footware for Planeswalking! That's not appropriate footware for normal walking! At least Liliana is doing it for the whole 'evil is sexy' thing and can summon undead to carry her when she breaks her ankle. What are you going to do ride a Phoenix? Its made of fire! You'll fall right through! Man I should have gone Planeswalking with Liliana - yeah she'd crack my head open with a rock 5 minutes in and raise my corpse to serve her but at least we could have gone dancing!

Now with more original content and open bar!

https://www.youtube.com/user/thedevilwuster

what time on nov 7th will the decks become available for xbox? eastern time.
I am Blue/Green
I am Blue/Green
I am both rational and instinctive. I value self-knowledge and understanding of the world; my ultimate goal is self-improvement and improvement of the world around me. At best, I am focused and methodical; at worst, I am obsessive and amoral.
Stevolutionary, I used to work for a game publisher and remember when the Xbox first came out. Their initial console standards (the way developers had to code their games) looked like Microsoft went out of their way to make everything as different from Sony's Playstation as possible.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.
what time on nov 7th will the decks become available for xbox? eastern time.

About 5am, but really more like 5:30am.

IMAGE(https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/eb11/anyarpxhyntrzn86g.jpg)

Well that is truly disheartening. Simic could with a little something extra.
Didn't the deck packs in 2012 have less cards though, or am I just misremembering?

Regardless, if they did have promo unlocks, it would make sense not to give them away from the start. They must have been pretty annoyed that the others were leaked so quickly and close together, and as this DLC is new data it gives them a chance to add new codes and do the promotion properly rather than just give them all away again.

Hopefully Wizards Sean will answer soon, as in previous years they've let people build up hopes over things for weeks on end then dropped a big fat NO that they could have done a long time before.

Wait, if there is a new set of promo codes, then can't we get them as easily and quickly as the last set of codes anyways?

Duels of the Planeswalkers deck builds and analysis: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/dotp

Another one of my websites: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/rationalchristianity/

I am Blue/White

Wait, if there is a new set of promo codes, then can't we get them as easily and quickly as the last set of codes anyways?

Not likely - they were brute forced initially, then a pattern was discerned which narrowed the field.

Make them 12 digits long and include numbers instead of 6 and purely letters, and there's no chance you'll brute force them, especially using humans physically inputting the codes as it'd take forever.

But another site suddenly had them all, while the brute force method we were still missing the last 4 of so.

Duels of the Planeswalkers deck builds and analysis: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/dotp

Another one of my websites: http://megamaster125.angelfire.com/rationalchristianity/

I am Blue/White

Well that sucks. I'm not going to lie and act like I'm not going to buy the decks. I'm just going to be grumpy that they don't have as many options.
I just bought the new decks in my ps3 and there are no promo cards for the new decks.

Sad day is sad

What did you type in to find these decks?
wizards sean please confirm  if we get  fair play.  40 for all decks
This is...not good.

Not likely - they were brute forced initially, then a pattern was discerned which narrowed the field.

Make them 12 digits long and include numbers instead of 6 and purely letters, and there's no chance you'll brute force them, especially using humans physically inputting the codes as it'd take forever.

Some dude was brute forcing them out on his lab computer at his work but then another guy just looked into the code for the game and found all of them in one go.

"People are like sausages: it's what's under the skin that's important... so poke them with a fork periodically."

"Lif is too short."

wizards sean please confirm  if we get  fair play.  40 for all decks

He probably can't say anything about it until it officially comes out on all consoles.

"People are like sausages: it's what's under the skin that's important... so poke them with a fork periodically."

"Lif is too short."

Wow... If it truely has 30 unlockable cards instead of 40 then I certainly won't pick this up... It makes no sense to pay more for less, the expansion pack has 5 decks for 4.99 this has 2 for 2.99 with lesser card options seems unfair. I guess we'll have to wait.. 
wow, if thats true, i wont buy the deckpacks

While this is bad news and I won't be buying the packs (though not out of spite) there is nothing "unfair buhuuu!" about this. The fact that the original game was cheaper (relatively speaking) doesn't make this price "wrong". It is only reliant on how much you are willing to pay and you don’t have to. It's not like you people would be consistent with this rationalization by refusing to buy the packs if they were relatively cheaper… so step off the makeshift moral high ground and just don’t buy it if you don’t think it’s worth it.

Most likely they have more promo codes to release since the files for the deck packs were not included in the original game, which means they're probably in the 200 mb download.  I'm sure we'll find out for sure in a few days.
You are Red/Blue!
You are Red/Blue!
You are both rational and emotional. You value creation and discovery, and feel strongly about what I create. At best, you're innovative and intuitive. At worst, you're scattered and unpredictable.

While this is bad news and I won't be buying the packs (though not out of spite) there is nothing "unfair buhuuu!" about this. The fact that the original game was cheaper (relatively speaking) doesn't make this price "wrong". It is only reliant on how much you are willing to pay and you don’t have to. It's not like you people would be consistent with this rationalization by refusing to buy the packs if they were relatively cheaper… so step off the makeshift moral high ground and just don’t buy it if you don’t think it’s worth it.

Charging money for decks that are at (or could be, who knows!) an unfair disadvantage is the problem. It has nothing to do with the $ for deck, but that does help illustrate the point. In a pack in which the $ per deck is higher than the base game and the expansion, it is strange that less detail/effort is put into it. It reeks of laziness to do this with DLC that would generally only cater to hardcore fans.

Remember, this wouldn't be a problem if the other decks also didn't have the promo unlocks.

But, who knows, these new decks may very well have promo codes of their own. I'll wait and see. 
I an fed up of let's wait and see with wizards. It is always the same, why can't Sean out anyone just let us know the plans ahead of the release.

Probably so that people will buy it assuming they will get promos

Charging money for decks that are at (or could be, who knows!) an unfair disadvantage is the problem. It has nothing to do with the $ for deck, but that does help illustrate the point. In a pack in which the $ per deck is higher than the base game and the expansion, it is strange that less detail/effort is put into it. It reeks of laziness to do this with DLC that would generally only cater to hardcore fans.

Remember, this wouldn't be a problem if the other decks also didn't have the promo unlocks.

But, who knows, these new decks may very well have promo codes of their own. I'll wait and see. 

People in this thread have said that the problem is the relatively higher price and that was what I was responding to... so yes that was a problem to some people. Pretending that I said something irrelevant that no one ever had a problem with in the first place is kind of rude. You probably didn't mean it that way... I'm just pointing it out.

I don't know how you measured the detail and effort that is present in the two new decks. By reports they seem to be doing quite well and are well balanced... as that is in Wizard’s interest.

My problem with there not being promo unlocks is just that I wasn't that interested in playing this game anymore, and the reduced options for the new decks swayed me slightly in to not buying them. But the fact that there are less cards doesn't make the decks less powerful... there are just less options. 

My original point was that people trying to take some kind of moral high ground because of the relatively higher price would have a better case if they complained the same way when something was “too cheap” in the same way.

People in this thread have said that the problem is the relatively higher price and that was what I was responding to... so yes that was a problem to some people.

I'm not going to read any more of your post when I just told you the price was brought up to emphasise how lazy this seems (if it's true). The price would be fine if they had put the same amount of effort into these decks as every other deck. We have paid this much for a deck pack in the past and been fine with it.
But the fact that there are less cards doesn't make the decks less powerful... there are just less options.

I dont' really care about the price thing but...

Can you honestly say that if you take all the Promo cards from the other 15 decks away, they will be just as powerful?
WHAT THE EFF?

I just rushed home, bought the new decks, and started the game because I was so excited to see the promo-unlocks as we did not know them! and then... NOTHING!

I even tried to re-enter old codes, but it did not work either.  

I´m a very dissapointed.

I dont care for the money I just wasted. I just want the deck to have 40 cards and be on equal footing or symmetrical with the rest of the decks :/.

The fun thing about this duels is that you can build each deck in different ways. The promo cards graaetly helps with t´hat,.

Now I just sit with this emty feeling, where I dont even feel like playing the game. 
Sign In to post comments