What are your personal attributes?

Int 17 or so (definitely in the upper 2% which puts it at 17 or higher assuming most people's stats are rolled on straight 3d6).

Everything else is probably average or worse - I'd once have had an above-average Con (I used to be a competitive long-distance runner) but it's not like I'm getting any younger. I'm going to go ahead and say Wisdom is my worst stat or at least the one I fail at memorably the most often.
Jeff Heikkinen DCI Rules Advisor since Dec 25, 2011
 I'm going to go ahead and say Wisdom is my worst stat or at least the one I fail at memorably the most often.

That could be an alignment issue. I often have the insight to make a good choice and then punt anyway. =-)

I don't know that alignment has much to do with that. In any case I'd put myself solidly in the CG camp.
Me and my friends have actually put thought into this. Assuming most people are average people, despite wanting to give themselves high numbers, mine are the following (As judged and reasoned by about 10 people with much D&D experience).

Str 10
Dex 10
Con 11
Int 13 (Maaaaaaaybe 14. There was some back and forth on this.)
Wis 9
Cha 12

Alignment: NG
My two copper.
Personal opinion...

These are always fun.  My group at the time and I used to amuse ourselves by taking the alignment quiz in the early 3rd Edition book Hero Builder's Guidebook every few months to see how our alignments shifted and varied over time.  At any rate...

Str: 9 (ish, I'm entering a new age category and my physical stats are going down...either that or being a bit overweight is bad for me :P )
Dex: 12 (still pretty decent, even with creeping up on 40)
Con: 9 (high cholesterol, out of shape, yeehaw!)
Int: 14 (like most of us gamers, I'm pretty smart.  :D )
Wis: 12 (this takes practice and patience)
Cha: 15 (I'm an actor, DM, and all around people person)

Alignment: Neutral Good.  Used to be Lawful Neutral in the military according to the alignment tests, but I've mellowed over the years.  :D           

All around helpful simian

LAWFUL GOOD

STR: 8
DEX: 9
CON: 14
INT: 16 (unless INT x 10 = IQ, in which case it's closer to 12)
WIS: 12
CHA: 11

The metagame is not the game.

LN
STR 14
DEX 10
CON 12
INT 11
WIS 12
CHA 8

Everyone overrates their int lol. Einstein was probably a 16.

Fear is the Mind Killer

If IQ = INT x 10, then yeah.  If real life distributions map onto the 3d6, then I can safely say that most people in these forums are in the 16-18 range.

The metagame is not the game.

LN
STR 14
DEX 10
CON 12
INT 11
WIS 12
CHA 8

14 STR Zard? nice, I'm gonna try to stay on your good side! =-P
Str: 7 (definitive less strong than the average male and I am not trying to do anything about it)
Dex: 8 (maybe just 7, I am not good a coordinating many muscles at the same time, that is, I am a disaster on a dance floor, bad at drawing, not good at driving a car, not good at catching a ball and so forth)
Con: 12 (I increased con from 9 to 12 since i am never ill)
Int: 17 or 18 (well, I usually end up in the genius range when taking intelligence tests, assuming 3D6 normal distribution)
Wis: 14 (I have learned a lot regarding human behavior by analysing past mistakes and succes and my intuition has become really good)
Cha: 8

Alignment: LG
Skills: Science, Economy, History, Politics, ...
Str: 7
Dex: 8
Con: 12 (I increased con from 9 to 12 since i am never ill)
Int: 17 or 18 (well, I usually end up in the genius range when taking intelligence tests)
Wis: 14
Cha: 8

Whats your Alignment Gust?

LN
STR 14
DEX 10
CON 12
INT 11
WIS 12
CHA 8

14 STR Zard? nice, I'm gonna try to stay on your good side! =-P

I used to work in a factory and lifted 50 pound blocks all day and then making double glazed mindows and moving some of them by hand the heavy ones were 450 odd pounds. He heaviest was 220kg whatever that is in pounds (I had help) The 14 was based on the 3.5 bench press limits. Bit older now so it may be more of a 13/12 but yeah I'm stgonger than most I suppose. I can lift my own body weight of 100kg and I have a bow that alot of males cannot draw lol.

Fear is the Mind Killer

Wow...haven't seen one of these since I was a kid (back when races were classes).

STR: 14 (thanks to the Army and body-building since then)
DEX: 8 (strong as an ox....and slightly less graceful)
CON: 12 (rarely ever get sick, and when I do it's normally just a 24 hr. bug)
INT: 15 (if we go by INT x10 = IQ)
WIS: 10 (crap for memory, short or long-term. 15 years ago it would've been a lot higher)
CHA: 6 (Strong dislike of people in general, no desire to influence others)

Looks like I'd make a half-decent wizard or maybe even a fighter. Thief, bard, paladin, and cleric are right out. Actually if I were to roll these stats, I'd call for a reroll.

EDIT: Forgot about alignment. I'd have to go with Neutral Good. 
Neutral Good

Str:    9 
Dex: 13 
Con: 13 
Int:   11 
Wis:   9 
Cha: 13 
STR:  9
DEX:  11
CON:  10
INT:  18
WIS:  16
CHA:  9

I am secretly a brain in a jar.
D&D Next = D&D: Quantum Edition
I'd like to think I'm NG, but I'm probably just N.
Str: 8
Dex: 8
Con: 8
Int: 12
Wis: 12
Cha: 10

Dwarves invented beer so they could toast to their axes. Dwarves invented axes to kill people and take their beer. Swanmay Syndrome: Despite the percentages given in the Monster Manual, in reality 100% of groups of swans contain a Swanmay, because otherwise the DM would not have put any swans in the game.
Str 15
Dec 12
Con 8
Int 12
Wis 12
Cha 9 (13 with blondes)
NG 

Me:
Str 10
Int 11
Wis 13 
Dex 11
Chr 13
Con 10

Alignment CG

Are you sure you are D&D player? you wrote the ability scores in the wrong order and called them attributes! lol

Don't mind my obsessive compulsiveness.

NG male human commoner

Str 10
Dex 10
Con 11
Int 14
Wis 14 (I thank my 5 daughters for this lol, it has increased considerably after sprouting 4 kids in 4 years)
Cha 12
Str: 9, I'm not very strong, especially for upper body strength, but I'm still capable of everyday tasks and occasionally pushing myself

Con: 7/12/ or 10(average), Really depends on how we define constitution, I have poor health and suffer from constant fatigue, but I recover endurance and recover from being sick or injured very quickly

Dex: 15, I've got a nimble build, and I am very, very coordinated, including with my offhand(jealously over an ambidextrous friend made me teach myself to be ambidextrous, but it was already decent)

Int: 14/16, 14 if we go by the IQ argument, 16 if it's expanded to other types of intelligence

Wis:16+, Not comfortable giving it an exact rating, but by far my best stat, I am constantly alert and perceptive

Cha: 11/13, Not entirely sure, as it's a bit abstract, I have the force of personality thing going on, and I can influence others strongly, but I wouldn't say I'm very good at being charming or diplomatic, generally due to strong views.

Alignment: Chaotic Good

I'm no frontliner, that's for sure. I'd probably make a decent Druid or Beguiler.
Str 6
Dex 12
Con 8
Int 16
Wis 14
Cha 6

alignment:  LN
The difference between madness and genius is determined only by degrees of success.
I'm not going to try & put #s on it.

Str: Average.  No real modifiers +/-

Dex: I was slightly above average.  I'm still quick as a cat & as sure footed.  But every couple of years the eyes get a bit worse.  If I still have a + it's not for much longer.

Con: Far enough above average that a criticly failed fort. save hasn't yet dropped me.
Basic family toughness + pig-headed stubborness + modern medical science will keep me gaming for many years to come.

Int: I'm a gamer....  So I'm pretty sure that I'm a few points ahead of alot of people.  Definitly a + or two.

Wis:  Just enough.  I learn from mistakes, have 20/20 hindsight, see patterns, recognize my own flaws, etc.  I don't generally repeat mistakes, so I'm sure I don't have a -.  But, as I also can't seem to avoid (new) errors, I doubt I have a +.

Cha:  Left to my own estimation I'd like to say average.  I don't think I'm anything that special.  But evidently I'd be wrong. 
Because;
A) I'm a heck of a good salesman.
B) for some reason, IRL, people like me.  Even when I'm not being particularly likable or even friendly (I can be a real ass.)  Well, OK, I guess.  But....
C)  They keep looking to me for leadership.  Even worse is that they'll follow me. (remember, I'm an ass who only claims "just enough" Wis.)  They do this even when I'm not the best choice.  And this has been going on for many years, with many different people.

My alignment?  I'm either NG - or LE masquerading as such.           

Strength and Constitution are both pathetically low, probably in the 3-5 range.  Comes from chronic incurable illness and all that.

Dexterity is probably a 12.  My Hand-Eye is good, but I'm average at best in most other related categories.

Intelligence, 11 or 12.

Wisdom probably an 8, Charisma same (though I did take Skill Focus: Snark).
Another day, another three or four entries to my Ignore List.
Str 16, Dex 11, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 14. For some relevance : I was the captain of my H.S. football team and also played 4 years of collegiate ball.

EDIT: Forgot classes and stuff

Class: Fighter (v3.5) or Knight (4E)

Alignment: Lawful Good (but not blindingly so)

Skill Training: Athletics, Bluff, Intimidation, Insight
STR: 9 -- I don't lift
DEX: 7 -- didn't learn how to ride a bike until I was 18
CON: 10 -- healthy for my weight
INT: 12 -- if INT x 10 = IQ
WIS: 6 -- totally oblivious to everything always; it would be easy to assassinate me
CHA: 10 -- sharp sense of humor makes up for shyness 

Class: Level 1 Wizard, only the "real-life" homebrew seems to have no magic so I just get a d4 hit die and some books.
Alignment:  LG (rigidly rational outer shell with a soft creamy filling.)

Skill Training in "Creative Writing" "Sketchy Ink Art" and "Homebrewing RPG Rule Systems of Dubious Quality."
Str 10
Dex 10
Con 7 (yay type I diabetes...)
Int 16 (assuming INT X 10 = IQ)
Wis 9
Cha 12

Alignment: CG/CN (whimsical thy name is me)

Skill ranks in Profession: Biologist, Profession: Freelance Writer
Shemeska the Marauder, Freelancer 5 / Yugoloth 10

Are you sure you are D&D player? you wrote the ability scores in the wrong order

You know what I hate? When someone, ignorant of some basic fact, calls someone else "wrong" (or worse) for being aware of that fact.

He wrote them in the order they were listed in in the original boxed sets, 1E, and the basic set I grew up with among MANY other places including virtually all of the current generation of retroclones. It may be a different order than you're used to but it is not "wrong" by any reasonable criteria.

Incidentally, by not only 1E but also 4E standards, you wrote them in the wrong order.

Similarly with complaining about the term "attributes". Using that more or less standard bit of terminology merely suggests he's familiar with other RPGs. It sounds like you only know D&D (and less than half of that).

This is a little hard to say since the context of ability scores has changed edition to edition.  Still, via roughly 4e:

STR: 9
CON: 14
DEX: 12
INT: 15
WIS: 16
CHA: 18

And Neutral Good for alignment.

With explanations:

Str: I have great leg strength, but poor upper body and core strength.  Jumping, Swimming and Running are all strong, lifting and striking are weak.
Con: I have a hearty constitution, with surprising endurance and a strong immune system and high pain tolerance(well-earned from some previous accidents)
Dex:  I manage to be both a clumsy, toe stubber and a pretty damn good ballroom dancer.  I evened the two out at 12.
Int: Assuming IQ/10.
Wis: I'm more perceptive than I am smart.   I'm getting more insightful over the years, and I've always been intuitive, willful and perceptive.
Cha: I have a way with people, and a lot of force of personality.

Consensus: I'd make a good Bard, Paladin or Sorcerer.  I'd prefer Paladin/Sorcerer Hybrid. 
Seriously, though, you should check out the PbP Haven. You might also like Real Adventures, IF you're cool.
Knights of W.T.F.- Silver Spur Winner
4enclave, a place where 4e fans can talk 4e in peace.
Int 16 (assuming INT X 10 = IQ)

Four standard deviations above the mean? I.E. in the top 0.003% of the population? It's not usual for tests to even go that high.

Such a score is quite achievable on a child's test (especially when taken by an adult) that assumes the now mostly abandoned mental age/physical age definition of IQ, in fact when I was around 12 I recorded a score in that neighborhood myself under such circumstances, but on a modern adult test using the more-accepted statistical definition, such a score is extremely unlikely.

This is also the main reason why Int = IQ/10 is bunk. (I rated myself at 17 but that was based on assuming most people are generated on 3d6 in order and will have abilities distributed accordingly. On Int = IQ/10, I don't know where I'd rate but probably a 13-14 or so.)
 Everyone on the internet has a 130-160 IQ.

Fear is the Mind Killer

If IQ = INT x 10, then yeah.  If real life distributions map onto the 3d6, then I can safely say that most people in these forums are in the 16-18 range.

I like the idea of using the "IQ=Intx10".
I think I would be
St: 5, maybe 6
Dx: 10-12
Cn: 10
In: 13-14
Ch: On a bad day, 5. On a good day, 12
Wis: Hard one to judge. On a bad day, 10. On a good day, 15-18. I usually know the wisest action to take, I sometimes, however, am not wise enough to listen to myself.

I think the class Id be best at is InnKeeper.
IQ/10 is fine but I suspect most people online with "high" IQs use IQ tests found on the back of cereal boxes or the internet.

Everyone here is a genius. Like smarter than the technocrats in Nazi Germany smart.

Fear is the Mind Killer

IQ/10 is fine but I suspect most people online with "high" IQs use IQ tests found on the back of cereal boxes.

Do cereal boxes give IQ tests?  When I was a kid they just gave lame mazes and mostly incorrect trivia.
Seriously, though, you should check out the PbP Haven. You might also like Real Adventures, IF you're cool.
The ability to complete a maze means I have an IQ of 140 right?

Strength score depends on what ediiton you are talking about I suppose. I always thought I was weak when I was younger as my brother could move 200kg barrels filled with metal by hand and carry 65kg kegs one by one and keep it up for a while. I could lug around a few but faded fast. Turns out I'm stronger than most, I just had a odd childhood I suppose. I was the smallest/weakest male in my family at 6' tall.

Fear is the Mind Killer

The ability to complete a maze means I have an IQ of 140 right?

I'm pretty sure it just means you got up early enough before school to try every path.
Skool?

Fear is the Mind Killer

Strength score depends on what ediiton you are talking about I suppose. I always thought I was weak when I was younger as my brother could move 200kg barrels filled with metal by hand and carry 65kg kegs one by one and keep it up for a while. I could lug around a few but faded fast. Turns out I'm stronger than most, I just had a odd childhood I suppose. I was the smallest/weakest male in my family at 6' tall.

It depends on what edition and what sort of strength.  For example, I marked myself as below average, because I don't bench a hell of a lot.  On the other hand, I walk a lot, and I can rack up more in the leg press than anyone I know.

I gave myself a low strength because no one gives a damn about the leg press. 
I had my gaming groups (anonymously) stat me then we averaged them...
These stats are probably too high as they might have been attempting flattery.  

Str 14
Army legacy and I work out a bit.
Con 15
I've been shot, stabbed, folded, spindled, and mutilated. I'm not indestructible, but heal fast, am in good health, and have near limitless reserves.
Dex 7
I am a wandering calamity. Bad eyesight couples with poor inherent coordination to make it so I effectively take up more space than people twice my mass.
Int 13
Evidently I'm smarter than the average bear. I catch on to new ideas fairly quickly, and have absorbed a wide body of knowledge in my years.
Wis 10
I have judgement... sometimes. I have variable impulse control, but a decent intuition.  
Cha 13 
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Well, not really, but I have a strong personality, it wins me some friends, and a few enemies. But few people walk away without feeling something. 

Again, those numbers are likely inflated, as many of my players attempt to appeal to a vanity I lack.

Now to my personal observations...

Unaligned...?
While my overall goals are solidly Chaotic Good, I personally am a creature of rules, honour, and tradition, rendering me personally Lawful Nuetral. It gets wibbilty.

Class: Ranger, primarily. Might have a dabble of Fighter or Drood, depending on the edition. I'm a practiced combatant, much more at home in the wilderness than (what passes for) civilization. I get on remarkably well with most animals, wild or domesticated, and have a deep love of spelunking and "camping".

Race...? If we're going to open this to the beyound obviously Human, I am short and stocky, with well groomed facial hair and a love of permanence and reliability...
I have an answer for you, it may even be the truth.
Neutral Good

Did you include the +1 bonus to Wis for being from Canada?
Neutral Good

Did you include the +1 bonus to Wis for being from Canada?

LOL, then I guess that would raise my Wisdom to 15, eh?

Str  11
Con 14
Dex 10
Int  12
Wis 12
Cha 14

Lawful Evil

This is a relavent article it seems for this thread.

Edit: alignment. 

Reality Refracted: Social Contracts

My blog of Random Stuff 

Dreaming the Impossible Dream
Imagine a world where the first-time D&D player rolls stats, picks a race, picks a class, picks an alignment, and buys gear to create a character. Imagine if an experienced player, maybe the person helping our theoretical player learn the ropes, could also make a character by rolling ability scores and picking a race, class, feat, skills, class features, spells or powers, and so on. Those two players used different paths to build characters, but the system design allows them to play at the same table. -Mearl

"It is a general popular error to suppose the loudest complainers for the publick to be the most anxious for its welfare." - Edmund Burke

Back to Product and General D&D Discussions -- because the mobile site is bad. (Fixed!)

Sign In to post comments