Help with Budget Jund Deck!!

5 posts / 0 new
Last post

Hey guys I have just recently gotten pretty big into modern and i have been playing a Living End deck, made by Travis Woo, but now im tryen to make a Budget friendly Jund deck cause Jund is just so strong and not to mention Fun! So here is what i came up with.

Please leave any ideas and feedback, thanks!!

Creatures(16)
----------------
4 Bloodbraid Elf
3 Putrid Leech
2 Broodmate Dragon
3 Sprouting Thrinax
1 Thrun, the Last Troll
1 Thragtusk
1 Sakura-Tribe Elder

2 Garruk Wildspeaker

Spells(21)
-----------
3 Blightning
4 Lightning Bolt
2 Abrupt Decay
2 Putrefy
2 Terminate
3 Duress
2 Bituminous Blast
2 Harrow

Lands(23)
----------
4 Savage Lands
2 Treetop Village
1 Raging Ravine
3 Copperline Gorge
1 Woodland Cemetery
1 Overgrown Tomb
3 Blackcleave Cliffs
3 Forest
5 Swamp

Sideboard(15)
--------------
2 Ancient Grudge
1 Terminate
3 Fulminator Mage
1 Slaughter Games
2 Surgical Extraction
2 Rakdos Charm
2 Brindle Boar
3 Witchbane Orb

I have playtested with Phyrexian Arena to replace the Dark Confidant but i wasnt liking it to much.  

You really, really cannot budgetize Jund.  The reason it's such a good deck is because it's absolutely stacked with powerful cards.  If you stop playing the powerful cards, the deck becomes absolutely terrible.

Also, Jund isn't that strong.  It only had a 40% win rate at the PT, despite being 30% of the field.  It's just extremely consistent and allows for more skilled players to do significantly better than average with it.

I would highly recommend you just try to build a cheaper archetype instead of trying to budgetize an existing deck.

You really, really cannot budgetize Jund.  The reason it's such a good deck is because it's absolutely stacked with powerful cards.  If you stop playing the powerful cards, the deck becomes absolutely terrible.

Also, Jund isn't that strong.  It only had a 40% win rate at the PT, despite being 30% of the field.  It's just extremely consistent and allows for more skilled players to do significantly better than average with it.

I would highly recommend you just try to build a cheaper archetype instead of trying to budgetize an existing deck.

Agreed. Cutting Gyof, Confy and others completely change the deck. If you REALLY aren't going to give up on trying to force this to work then I would at least add some crack lands, deathrite shamans, and lingering souls.

Oh, and Jund has been consistantly good it seems. At the GP this weekend spirit jund took 1st and 2nd. Player of the year won with jund as well. There's a lot out there to explore and the meta significantly effects what's good in modern, but jund is definitely something which can't be ignored.
Moving to Modern Deck Help.

Magic and Magic Online Volunteer Community Lead.

I'm trying to make my official VCL posts in purple.

You posted saying my thread was moved/locked but nothing happened.

Show
Unfortunately, VCLs do not currently have the tools necessary to take moderation actions directly. VCLs submit their actions to ORCs, who then actually perform the action. This processing can take between a few minutes and several hours, depending on how busy/attentive the ORCs are.

If you see something that needs VCL attention, please use this thread to make a request and a VCL will look at it as soon as possible. CoC violations should be reported to Customer Service using the "report post" button. Please do not disrupt the thread by making requests of either kind in-thread.

General MTGO FAQ

Yes, the Shuffler is Random!
The definitive thread on the Magic Online shuffler.

Magic Math Made Easy
Draw probabilities, Swiss results, Elo ratings and booster EV

Event EV Calculator
Calculate the EV for any event with a fixed number of rounds and prizes based on record

Dual means two. A duel is a battle between two people. Lands that make two colors of mana are dual lands. A normal Magic battle is a duel.
Thanks to PhoenixLAU for the [thread=1097559]awesome avatar[/thread]!
Quotables

Show
"While a picture is worth a thousand words, each lolcat actually produces a negative wordcount." -Ith "I think "Highly Informed Sarcasm" should be our Magic Online General motto." -Ith "Sorry, but this thread seems just like spam. TT is for off-topic discussion, not no-topic discussion." -WizO_Kwai_Chang "Stop that! If you're not careful, rational thinking may catch on!" -Sax "... the only word i see that fits is incompitant." -Mr44 (sic) "You know a thread is gonna be locked when it gets to the hexadecimal stage." -Gathion "It's a good gig" - Gleemax "I tell people often, if you guys want to rant, you've certainly got the right to (provided you obey CoC/ToS stuff), and I don't even really blame you. But if you see something you think needs changing a well thought-out, constructive post does more to make that happen." - Worth Wollpert