online Dungeon Command

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
I really love what WOTC has done with this game.  I love collecting miniatures and love the deck building.  What I would really like to see and would even pay a monthly fee for is this game made into an online campaign.  Keep the same art work and deck building rules but add a game world where you create an avatar that is your commander.  Then you can go out and collect new cards through quests and even have head to head battles.
I really love what WOTC has done with this game.  I love collecting miniatures and love the deck building.  What I would really like to see and would even pay a monthly fee for is this game made into an online campaign.  Keep the same art work and deck building rules but add a game world where you create an avatar that is your commander.  Then you can go out and collect new cards through quests and even have head to head battles.

I'd buy it!
I would play it. 

In the mean time you guys might try the facebook game Heroes of Neverwinter. It's a tactical game too.  
link: http://www.facebook.com/HeroesOfNeverwinter/app_4949752878 
I would play it. 

In the mean time you guys might try the facebook game Heroes of Neverwinter. It's a tactical game too.  
link: http://www.facebook.com/HeroesOfNeverwinter/app_4949752878 

I played it and leveled a character to level 10 but it gets kinda old real quick.  Plus facebook games are so horribly designed to add on things like energy and giftable consumables. Plus the quality and art work is pretty low and it is noticeable.  It wouldn't really require high end graphics or developement to make a turn based board and card game. 
I was thinking of making a VASSAL mod to play online, but I'm unsure if there's a market for it. I already have experience making those (I build the World of Warcraft Miniatures VASSAL mod).
Whats vassle?
I would love it if there was a Vassal mod for Dungeon Command and I'm pretty sure it would help get all the old DDM players in my area to start playing DC. I actually already tried to made a mod for it but had a lot of trouble with getting the tile images to work right and interlock with each other so I gave up. If you were willing to work on it then I'd be willing to help with whatever I could like getting scans up and such.

Btw, Vassal is an online program that you can use to play various board and miniatures games.
I was thinking of making a VASSAL mod to play online, but I'm unsure if there's a market for it. I already have experience making those (I build the World of Warcraft Miniatures VASSAL mod).

You're the one who did that?  Nice!  I thought you did an excellent job on that mod!  

If you're going to work on a DC mod then I'd be willing to help out with whatever I can.  I know that when I started playing Star Wars Miniatures years ago, the only thing that kept me going was Vassal, because there was no LGS in the area.  

As for the tiles, I wonder if a little bit of photoshopping to make them into true squares & rectangles would do the trick.  As long as the "hooks" (for lack of a better word) don't have any crucial symbol or affect on them, it wouldn't affect gameplay at all.