Best Burn Available in Modern

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Modern as in the constructed format.

Lightning Bolt
Burst Lightning
Arc Trail
Staggershock

This is what I have been using.  Is their any upgrades I could make?

There has to be something.
Well, lets see, depending on your preference, Rift Bolt, Shock, Galvanic Blast, Searing Blaze, Banefire and Demonfire are what comes to mind for spells. For everything else though, Goblin Guide, Ball Lightning, Spark Elementaland Keldon Marauders are what I can think of off the top of my head.

There are many variants of burn you can take too. Goblin Arsonist + Goblin Grenade are really an awesome combo. Shrapnel Blast + Perilous Myr also come to mind as artifact burn.

Vexing Devil is burn by itself. Thunderous Wrath is also an amazing burn card too.

Hope this helped!!Smile 
Prodigal Pyromancer+Basilisk Collar can keep annoying mooks off you.

Goblin Arsonist+Goblin Grenade+Reverberate=11 damage on turn 3!
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
---- Autocard is your friend. Lightning Bolt = Lightning Bolt
flames of the blood hand, psionic blast.  I've used both of these as 2 of's in multiple decks and have very satisfied with the results.  Psionic blast in particular because nobody suspects a burst of blue direct damage.
Burn decks in Modern are generally red and black.  Lightning Bolt, Bump in the Night, Lava Spike, Rift Bolt, Shard Volley are all good.  Burst Lightning and Magma Jet are okay to fill up extra space.
Goblin Guide, Keldon Marauders, Hellspark Elemental, Grim Lavamancer, Dark Confidant and maybe Vexing Devil for creatures
The black is for hand disruption like Duress, Inquisition of Kozilek, and Thoughtseize.
I personally like Faithless Looting + Bloodghast in the deck.

Sideboard includes things like Searing Blaze, Flames of the Blood Hand, Smash to Smithereens, and various hate cards.
Sideboard Dismember for indestructible guys.
139359831 wrote:
Clever deduction Watson! Maybe you can explain why Supergirl is trying to kill me.
There is surprisingly some GREEN?? burn. Hornet Sting to name one.

You could try a combo with a lot of goblins (Goblin Guide, Dragon Fodder, Krenko's Command) and burn with the picky eater bonus of Voracious Dragon.

Goblins again are probably the best burn/aggro around. Krenko, Mob Boss, Ib Hafheart, Goblin Tactitian, Arms Dealer and Seige-Gang Commander all make for some nasty life loss.
Yeah, but for one damage is bad. There's also Leeching Bite. Whee, color pie!

Arms Dealer+Stuffy Doll is a nasty combo, even in Standard. You just need something to give you lots of goblins.
139359831 wrote:
Burn decks in Modern are generally red and black.  Lightning Bolt, Bump in the Night, Lava Spike, Rift Bolt, Shard Volley are all good.  Burst Lightning and Magma Jet are okay to fill up extra space.
Goblin Guide, Keldon Marauders, Hellspark Elemental, Grim Lavamancer, Dark Confidant and maybe Vexing Devil for creatures
The black is for hand disruption like Duress, Inquisition of Kozilek, and Thoughtseize.
I personally like Faithless Looting + Bloodghast in the deck.

Sideboard includes things like Searing Blaze, Flames of the Blood Hand, Smash to Smithereens, and various hate cards.

Don't forget Deathrite Shaman in the list of reasons for burn to splash Black.  In that style of deck Shaman IS a Grim Lavamancer what can eat other people's instants/sorceries for non-targeted "damage".

Also, how did Char get missed?
My Decks
Standard: BR Aggro Burn RDW Modern: Dragon Stompy Burn Fae Tempo Zoo Cherrios Legacy: Zoo Dragon Stompy Pauper: Slivers Landfall EDH: Sliver Overlord
1000th post on 2-1-10. 5000th post on 1-21-13.